Southampton Team

Need to find out where they are staying and bung the chef a score for him to slip some laxatives into their soup :wink:

Most Teams we have played this year that have stayed over the night before stay in the Village hotel on Ashton Moss!

You can have a drink in the bar and not be a resident, and all of the players have a few scoops in there just wear steel toe caps and be clumsy under foot :wink:

There got good players in their team we need to be carefully on saturday :grin::grin:

if we can keep lallana quiet (tough ask) and a couple of others, i think we will do ok. i remember when leicester came to BP last season, we upped out game and i think we'll do the same on saturday.

also, what do we think the crowd will be. im going for anywhere between 6000-8000, southampton wont bring much

also, what do we think the crowd will be. im going for anywhere between 6000-8000, southampton wont bring much

Would be very surprised if we got 6k.

Not going to pick on the club as not in the area so don't know the answer and will just ask a genuine question...what promotion has there been for the game in Oldham/Manchester this week? To look at the website you wouldn't know we had a home fixture on Saturday against one of the L1 'Big Four'. We're playing rather well and are entertaining a big team...what efforts have been made to make sure people know about the game and encourage them to come along?

Edited by jsslatic

Not going to pick on the club as not in the area so don't know the answer and will just ask a genuine question...what promotion has there been for the game in Oldham/Manchester this week? To look at the website you wouldn't know we had a home fixture on Saturday against one of the L1 'Big Four'. We're playing rather well and are entertaining a big team...what efforts have been made to make sure people know about the game and encourage them to come along?

i agree there, i appreciate times are hard but didnt they put a downloadable print-off poster last season? if the club made a bit more effort, they would see the rewards

Well, there hasn't been much but I don't need a website to advertise a "big" game. Most people know who we're up against well in advance. The stay-aways turn up when we're either in some decent form or there's a biggish club turning up. Southampton usually travel in decent numbers too. I'll expect about 7,000.

Saying that, I don't see no real effort to get people through the gates. Our leaders like to moan whilst sitting on their arses. Where's a "It's a big club coming up, we're in form, so get to Boundary Park and create an atmosphere for the lads". I berate those who stay away and moan, moan, moan, but when I see no connection between the fans and the owners etc I fully understand why some don't turn up.

As for us beating Southampton, I expect us to give them a tough match. They're finding their feet so it might not be the best time to be playing them, but we've gotta play these sides. If we get at them we've definitely got enough about us to get the points. As long as we look a lot more threatening than we did against Yeovil, a point wouldn't be too shabby.

let me have a guess,,,and it will be a guess because i dont live there anymore-----------none---------

bet ah has ordered the fifty pies for the game though

Just had a quick look and its pretty impressive.

Jaidi and Trotman as CB?

Ricky Lambert usually haunts us.

David Connolly may start after scoring for reserves.

We certainly need to be on our game.

no easy games this season...be it southampton yeovil or brighton...every one of them is a potential banana skin...

I've seen nothing to promote the game! It's an attractive fixture and once more we've missed the boat in trying to reach the casual fan.

It should be an entertaining match and if we could have enticed a few more in then that could have been built on.

As it stands i'd guess the gate will be around 6000 which is a shame.

I'm only asking a question here, as I work away during the week I have no idea how far the club go to advertise matches at BP, so from what I am reading. Is there absolutely no advertisement of any matches played by OAFC??? :huh:

They advertise on Revolution, but they have a pretty small audience...

I'm only asking a question here, as I work away during the week I have no idea how far the club go to advertise matches at BP, so from what I am reading. Is there absolutely no advertisement of any matches played by OAFC??? :huh:

Now and again they take out a page in the chron but other than that it's rare. If you don't have access to the internet a match could quite easily pass you by.

At the top of sheepfoot lane are several billboards in prominent positions but i don't think i've ever seen a game advertised.

Now and again they take out a page in the chron but other than that it's rare. If you don't have access to the internet a match could quite easily pass you by.

At the top of sheepfoot lane are several billboards in prominent positions but i don't think i've ever seen a game advertised.

Being honest with you here, the only reason why I started going to BP was because of my love for football, so is it a case of not wanting to spend or refusing to speculate to accumulate, either way I think someone needs to sit down and have a serious think about bringing, not necessarily fans but football lovers to BP, through whatever means.

Worth a fly poster having a climb up the ladders mid week perhaps....

The only time I see a page in the Chron about a game is if there is a discount/deal on.

And usually the deals are aimed at kids (I.E. quid in or family ticket) so being a mid twenty year old male it does nothing.

I know it's good getting kids hooked as they could be future Latics fans, maybe some deals aimed at people such as me? I.E. young to middle aged people?

Another prime group, I know some might hate it but...students! We have Oldham College, 6th form, other schools 6th forms, AND the Oldham Uni ctr. What about creating a scheme with them?

When I was at Hudd Uni, they had student tickets going at 15 quid. I went for one for the Latics game, but the downside was the tickets were in the home sections so went an paid full adult.

Edited by bensonio