Next Sunday - Huddersfield vs Huddersfield Reserves

For the person who mentioned our Stockprot performance

Clark has seen the light since then and has brought in Robbie Williams for Joe Skarz at left back

Nathan Clarke in for Andy Butler at centre back

Michael Collins in for Danny Drinkwater in central midfield

Lee Novak in for Theo Robinson up front

Four changes which have made a massive difference imo. These added to the fact that Gary Roberts and Anthony Pilkington have got their confidence back means we are a totally different proposition to the one you saw struggle against Stockport

Should be a good open game on Sunday

Wish we would. We're never going to given our away form. We had just under 1400 at Charlton last week, I'd be disappointed with less than double that.

we get 4000 loyal fans at home and always bring 2000 at least to your place.... so you should sell out the 4400 to what you get at home, no problem, bet you dont fill the big section out

There's no point opening up the ticket allocation debate and how many they will sell...... the facts are, based on our home attendances so far this season there will be plenty of room for all home supporters in the Main Stand and Chaddy.
the

You no that wont be true and in the leeds game aswell people come out because its our biggest game it going to be a close game pav wont have is op untill after leeds.

There's no point opening up the ticket allocation debate and how many they will sell...... the facts are, based on our home attendances so far this season there will be plenty of room for all home supporters in the Main Stand and Chaddy.

i know there will be room... not saying there wont be just pointing out that even tho they get bigger crowds AT HOME we take better numbers away compaired to what we get at home... prob 1 in 2 of ours goes to hudds while 1 in 5 come to oldham

i know there will be room... not saying there wont be just pointing out that even tho they get bigger crowds AT HOME we take better numbers away compaired to what we get at home... prob 1 in 2 of ours goes to hudds while 1 in 5 come to oldham

Tend to agree mate we have brought poor numbers to oldham over the last couple of years bar the fa game not sure if you take better numbers everywhere than us as we tend to have a decent away following and when we do well it a very good away following but cant argue the fact that over the last couple of years your numbers at our spot have been impressive.....anyway think we have shifted 2000 already and its pay on the day so i expect a 3000+ following.

Tend to agree mate we have brought poor numbers to oldham over the last couple of years bar the fa game not sure if you take better numbers everywhere than us as we tend to have a decent away following and when we do well it a very good away following but cant argue the fact that over the last couple of years your numbers at our spot have been impressive.....anyway think we have shifted 2000 already and its pay on the day so i expect a 3000+ following.

not saying your away following is poor just the numbers to oldham are... if its 3000+ you should get the small section... ITS ABOUT TIME :grin:

not saying your away following is poor just the numbers to oldham are... if its 3000+ you should get the small section... ITS ABOUT TIME :grin:

It is a bit daft that we take 1400 to places like Charlton yet only 1500-2000 to Oldham. I think this is partly to do with us being so :censored:e in recent seasons though. Given the better football on show this time i think a few more will be tempted, although the away form may still put a few off.

Will be 3000 at least there i reckon

It is a bit daft that we take 1400 to places like Charlton yet only 1500-2000 to Oldham. I think this is partly to do with us being so :censored:e in recent seasons though. Given the better football on show this time i think a few more will be tempted, although the away form may still put a few off.

Will be 3000 at least there i reckon

I think it's the same for us this year really, we've been stuck in this godforsaken league for so many years people are sick of going to the same places. However with the southern bias of teams this season, I would expect us to take the usual numbers over the hill to you. I suspect the games against you and Stockport will be the only aways many go to this time, or maybe some will opt for the 'special' trips to Charlton, Norwich and Southampton.

Lets hope Stockport give us a decent allocation this time so there's not fighting all over the ground again!!!!!

Anyway, what's this bloody love in going on here with you lot!!! Get back over to the darkside of the hill :wink:

For the person who mentioned our Stockprot performance

Clark has seen the light since then and has brought in Robbie Williams for Joe Skarz at left back

Nathan Clarke in for Andy Butler at centre back

Michael Collins in for Danny Drinkwater in central midfield

Lee Novak in for Theo Robinson up front

Four changes which have made a massive difference imo. These added to the fact that Gary Roberts and Anthony Pilkington have got their confidence back means we are a totally different proposition to the one you saw struggle against Stockport

Should be a good open game on Sunday

From what i've seen of you this season (a monumental two games) if you play Novak I will be as happy as larry. He looks an utter bloody carthorse to me - and Greegs will hammer him all day. Theo Robinson is a good player IMO, and him and Rhodes would be far more dangerous to our defence.

I didnt think it would take him long to move Skarz... bloody awful at full back. Saw Hughes and Kuffour tear him a new backside at Brizzle... not surprised he didnt play much after that.

Surprisingly, I think Town and Latics have very similar problems - immobile at the back, lacking creativity in centre midfield (Collins is an improvement - but Kay is about as much a midfielder as Sean gregan is), and good - but leightweight on the wings. I dont buy this image that Town will be challenging the top two - thats not a criticism, I just still think the team is a work in progress. Both latics and Town will finish between 4th & 10th (god knows in this league)- Town will score more goals, but Latics will be harder to beat away from home... one thing you do have a significant advantage with is the keeper!!

Think Sunday will be a battle... have a sneaking feeling Furman and :censored: may shade it in the centre. Can see holdsworth starting too... think Penney will give him, Super Paw, and the poison little scottish muppet a chance to prove a point.... will be a good game, and as has been said before, will prob come down to if our defence makes any mistakes and gives Jordan Rhodes a sniff...

Pity i'm in bloody Scotland. Will be the first Town V Oldham game ive missed for quite some time....

From what i've seen of you this season (a monumental two games) if you play Novak I will be as happy as larry. He looks an utter bloody carthorse to me - and Greegs will hammer him all day. Theo Robinson is a good player IMO, and him and Rhodes would be far more dangerous to our defence.

I didnt think it would take him long to move Skarz... bloody awful at full back. Saw Hughes and Kuffour tear him a new backside at Brizzle... not surprised he didnt play much after that.

Surprisingly, I think Town and Latics have very similar problems - immobile at the back, lacking creativity in centre midfield (Collins is an improvement - but Kay is about as much a midfielder as Sean gregan is), and good - but leightweight on the wings. I dont buy this image that Town will be challenging the top two - thats not a criticism, I just still think the team is a work in progress. Both latics and Town will finish between 4th & 10th (god knows in this league)- Town will score more goals, but Latics will be harder to beat away from home... one thing you do have a significant advantage with is the keeper!!

Think Sunday will be a battle... have a sneaking feeling Furman and :censored: may shade it in the centre. Can see holdsworth starting too... think Penney will give him, Super Paw, and the poison little scottish muppet a chance to prove a point.... will be a good game, and as has been said before, will prob come down to if our defence makes any mistakes and gives Jordan Rhodes a sniff...

Pity i'm in bloody Scotland. Will be the first Town V Oldham game ive missed for quite some time....

You must have seen Novak at his worst. Granted he is not the finished article, but a more hardworking teamplayer you will not find.

He is technically far superior to Theo Robinson who is a right donkey but his pace is always going to get him a few goals.

Novak seems to bring the best out of Rhodes aswell.

You are right to an extent about Kay, he isn't the greatest on the ball, but he is invaluable in the middle as he adds a bit of height and steel in there. Collins has found a bit of form but usually the game just passes him by away from home.

If Roberts and Pilkington pick up where they left off then you could see the two best opposition wingers to play at Boundary Park for sometime. When on form they are unplayable

I think carthorse is about the last way I would describe Novak, he's like a drink of water dressed up. Not sure if old man Greegs will be able to catch him to hammer him anyway. Novak has, not surprisingly, taken a little while to settle in, but he is a firm favourite with the fans because he works so hard and never stops running. He's not the finished article yet, but he's getting there. Skarz has been "rested" in favour of Williams, who has looked pretty good in the last couple of games. Completely disagree about being lightweight on the wings, Pilks is a class act, a fantastic player and he doesn't need much room put in pin point crosses. Roberts had a quiet start to the season, but looks to have found a bit of confidence and seems to be coming back into form. I agree re: the middle of the park, you might edge it there. Michael Collins is an attacking midfielder and doesn't always pull his weight defensively. I will be happy when Tom Clarke is fully fit, because I reckon that Kay and Clarke together is a better midfield combination.

I think we definitely have the better strikers though, on his day Pav is fantastic, but he is moody and goes off the boil for long periods, at least he did when he played for us. He will probably be fantastic on Sunday though. Jordan Rhodes is a sniffer and Novak is very hard working and very unselfish, that is why they play well together, but we also have Theo on the bench to come on and hopefully cause havoc with his pace. I'm not worried about Keigan Parker because he's not much of a striker in my view, he'll probably score about 6 absolutely beautiful goals this season and that will be it. He's not a winger and he's not a striker, not sure what he is really. He did nothing for us last season, absolutely nothing. He'll probably score one of those 6 beautiful goals on Sunday now I've said all of that.

Hope Holdsworth plays, if he does what position will it be? We haven't missed Holdsworth at all, because Peltier is a far better right back. I still wish him all the best though and hope he plays in midfield because it will even things up a bit in there if he does.

Not sure your tight little pitch will suit us, but you seem to be short of goals and so hopefully we will get one or two and you won't :)