Scousers beat the Mancs

The ref (Marriner) made some poor decisions with when to show a card or not.

Carragher and Vidic should both have had straight reds, and I thought Masscerhano was unlucky to go because he pulled out of the challenge. There'd been some strange bookings given / not given from early on though.

Fergie can roll out the "long trip to Russia" excuse.

But I can't think of a single battle on the pitch that United won.

A significant win for Liverpool - defeat would have left them in 9th, not looking pretty.

Fergie: "Liverpool were the better team".

Edited by opinions4u

Carragher and Vidic should both have had straight reds, and I thought Masscerhano was unlucky to go because he pulled out of the challenge. There'd been some strange bookings given / not given from early on though.

Fergie can roll out the "long trip to Russia" excuse.

But I can't think of a single battle on the pitch that United won.

A significant win for Liverpool - defeat would have left them in 9th, not looking pretty.

Fergie: "Liverpool were the better team".

Not sure I agree with the sendings off stance there.

Carragher: the ball was going out to the left habnd side and as such wasn't a goalscoring chance. Not a red for me.

Vidic: Straight red. I completely agree.

Mascareno: What a tit. Why did he go sliding in? Fully deserved second booking.

Another show of excellence by pretty much the best player in the world at the moment though.

Carragher: the ball was going out to the left habnd side and as such wasn't a goalscoring chance. Not a red for me.
Got to disagree. Slightly to the left, yes. But the first point of impact for the foul had already slowed Owen up allowing the ball to move further left. He'd have easily cut inside to create a one v one with the keeper with no time for other defenders to recover.

Mascareno: What a tit. Why did he go sliding in? Fully deserved second booking.

Second viewing, possibly, but he did pull out of it when he realised he couldn't get the ball.

Another show of excellence by pretty much the best player in the world at the moment though.

The way Torres shrugged off Ferdinand worries me.

From a World Cup perspective that's not good news.

Hopefully the glass hamstrings can give before those two meet in a big South African encounter!

Hopefully the glass hamstrings can give before those two meet in a big South African encounter!

I guess we'll agree to disagree on the Carragher one.

If we meet Spain in the World Cup we are done for. They are better than us by a fair bit. I think we can compete with anyone else, and are better (even if slightly) than anyone other than Spain and Brazil.

Rio isn't the central defender I worry about. Terry is, frankly, :censored:. I can think of many centre backs I'd rather have than our Captain.

Got to disagree. Slightly to the left, yes. But the first point of impact for the foul had already slowed Owen up allowing the ball to move further left. He'd have easily cut inside to create a one v one with the keeper with no time for other defenders to recover.

Second viewing, possibly, but he did pull out of it when he realised he couldn't get the ball.

I understand your concerns regarding England, however.......

I'm not surprised, but am worried, as i'm glad that he is finally being highlighted as the overated @@@@ he really is.

The big problem is that, let's be realistic, there is no way Capello is going to drop him and i'm not sure who his replacement would be anyway, but i am just glad that the media are showing some balls and highlighting his glaring mistakes!

I understand your concerns regarding England, however.......

I'm not surprised, but am worried, as i'm glad that he is finally being highlighted as the overated @@@@ he really is.

The big problem is that, let's be realistic, there is no way Capello is going to drop him and i'm not sure who his replacement would be anyway, but i am just glad that the media are showing some balls and highlighting his glaring mistakes!

As I recall (possibly wrongly) in the last 12 months there has been only 1 centre half who has had Torres in his pocket- Phil Jagielka. Who I think if fit and playing for Everton should go to the world cup (bearing in mind he could play in front of the back four if necessary) and would start for me.

Not convinced Carragher was the last defender and Owen was going away from goal. Liked his response when he got asked whether it should have been a red card in the post match interview: "No, he fouled me. Why, do you?" :grin:

It was inevitable that Mascherano would get sent off - thought he was possibly MOTM but it's like watching Animal from the Muppets when he tackles someone.