Battle of the Roses

This not a dig 0000 but any chance of you coming to this one?

I was honestly coming till it was moved to a Sunday and I serve a higher force than Latics on a Sunday. I have the bug back after taking a much needed break from it all. I am planning on coming to Colchester as long as work allows. Defo coming on boxing day.

I was honestly coming till it was moved to a Sunday and I serve a higher force than Latics on a Sunday. I have the bug back after taking a much needed break from it all. I am planning on coming to Colchester as long as work allows. Defo coming on boxing day.

Fair enough we need a few more to get the bug back now. Hopefully we can get more than 5k home fans on Saturday

Would you buy one?

Not unless they could be used at any game... Which I would imagine they would be...

Lets say it was buy 8 get two free... and then you could use them at any game you choose... I think I would go for that...

Edited by oafc0000

The only problem with that would be they would not know how many tickets are available for each game. Wouldn't really be a problem as I dont think we'll sell any game out

I don’t see that as a problem, if it’s an all ticket match you have to redeem a voucher for your ticket ahead of the game, if it’s pay on the day and you get there with your voucher book and the grounds full, tough titty. But anyway, let’s cross the bridge of worrying about a packed ground when we come to it.

Praise to LAtics,

A minor quibble/suggested improvement, but I wish it would have been a different/new number (rather than the normal ticket line) so that they could see how many fans called up and have a steer on how effective the advertising had been.

I mean that in a positive way.

The advert generated x calls, and y sales with a good or bad return. So that they could prove it too expensive to advertise or great value for money. And therfore repeat or not do it again, whichever is appropriate.

The positive of advertsing far outweighs any negative of my suggestion though.

Edited by singe

Way Hey! About :censored: time. Not only are the club advertising the game they are advertising it in something other than the Chron. However, as I recall the Oldham and Tameside advertisers aren't particularly easy to hold off on the other side of the M62 or the M60- somewhere I personally think a few fair weather/big game Oldham fans could be found and maybe some of these can be turned into more permanent fans.

Praise to LAtics,

A minor quibble/suggested improvement, but I wish it would have been a different/new number (rather than the normal ticket line) so that they could see how many fans called up and have a steer on how effective the advertising had been.

I mean that in a positive way.

The advert generated x calls, and y sales with a good or bad return. So that they could prove it too expensive to advertise or great value for money. And therfore repeat or not do it again, whichever is appropriate.

The positive of advertsing far outweighs any negative of my suggestion though.

Hang on a minute Singe, you're thinking like a person with a grasp of business /marketing..... so give them time.

An advert has been placed and it was in my paper in Ashton...well done Latics, I reckon by my "back of a fag packet" maths and due to the circulation etc it could well add 500 to 1,000 to the gate dependent on weather etc.

Add to that food sales, programmes, returning supporters. etc etc, a good move one would think.........but then again we're bound to get stuffed.

And as we all know it's all about what happens on the pitch.