Absolutely Shucking Fite!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a cracking free kick...

It was just a whacked shot, no skill in it whatsoever. Dont blame the guy though, anyone looking at past DVDs and just looking when the wall was set up and seeing where Brill was stood would have done the same - put it in the left side of the goal, even then it went into the middle of the net with our keeper AGAIN helpless

Hazell again was and is shocking - constantly giving free kicks away, poor positioning, constantly booting it nowhere or getting caught dithering.

Gregan isnt fantastic, but he does his job, he hasn't screwed up once all season, he just keeps it simple and gets it clear.

Performance wise we were poor but so were they - if we had taken care when passing and controlling we wouldve been in on goal many a time, missed :censored: in the middle though (anyone know why he was out?) whitaker is just plain awful.

that game had 0-0 all over it, but...oh wait... we give teams a goal AGAIN!! Not ONE team has played through us or played good football or scored 'good' goals this season, they have all beeen through mistakes and/or needless fouls that lead to goals.

If only we had another decent keeper(or..ahhmmm...fleming) and another decent CB alongside Gregan, we would be in the top 6....

Edited by shefflatic

Not much more to add except, was it the wind or Dean Brill at fault for the goal?

It's the goalkeepers job to organise the wall and he left a massive gap which was easy to spot by the free kick taker.

If this keeper plays all season I feel he will cost Latics many valuable points.

Other than than that there was some passionless displays by many in a Latics shirts and thats inexcusable.

The manger needs to weed them out now.

Edited by BP1960

The goal is a red herring,

This is as poor a team as i have seen at BP for many a year,god knows how we are going to do without Pav for a month!

That 'pefromance' today is unacceptable,its no wonder we are struggling.

These owners are taking this club nowhere,and one other point,whats up with taylor now? The guy is becoming a first rate sick note.

We should have sold him,hes WAY over rated anyway.

NOT HAPPY!!!

This is as poor a team as i have seen at BP for many a year,god knows how we are going to do without Pav for a month!

These owners are taking this club nowhere,and one other point,whats up with taylor now? The guy is becoming a first rate sick note.

NOT HAPPY!!!

Agree about Taylor, he's takiing the piss imo - proper soft arse on and off the field...

Guest sheridans_world

NOT HAPPY!!!

Wow, Taylor copping for the boo boy even when he's not on the field! :shock:

Wow, Taylor copping for the boo boy even when he's not on the field! :shock:

SW i'm not a boo boy,for petes sake how ,amy games has he 'played' this season? And the inverted commas were deliberate as has done next to nothing when he has,er,turned up.

We are in trouble IMO,no PA for a month?A defence without any pace and a hopeless GK,and im not even getting started on colbeck,WTF is he supposed to be ? A footballer? Ur havin a larf!!!

It was just a whacked shot, no skill in it whatsoever. Dont blame the guy though, anyone looking at past DVDs and just looking when the wall was set up and seeing where Brill was stood would have done the same - put it in the left side of the goal, even then it went into the middle of the net with our keeper AGAIN helpless

Hazell again was and is shocking - constantly giving free kicks away, poor positioning, constantly booting it nowhere or getting caught dithering.

Gregan isnt fantastic, but he does his job, he hasn't screwed up once all season, he just keeps it simple and gets it clear.

Performance wise we were poor but so were they - if we had taken care when passing and controlling we wouldve been in on goal many a time, missed :censored: in the middle though (anyone know why he was out?) whitaker is just plain awful.

that game had 0-0 all over it, but...oh wait... we give teams a goal AGAIN!! Not ONE team has played through us or played good football or scored 'good' goals this season, they have all beeen through mistakes and/or needless fouls that lead to goals.

If only we had another decent keeper(or..ahhmmm...fleming) and another decent CB alongside Gregan, we would be in the top 6....

the free kick didnt go into the middle of the net it went in at the near post was a very good free kick but god forbid that a latics fan should actually accept that the opposing team did something right instead of jumping on there own players back

Guest sheridans_world
SW i'm not a boo boy,for petes sake how ,amy games has he 'played' this season? And the inverted commas were deliberate as has done next to nothing when he has,er,turned up.

We are in trouble IMO,no PA for a month?A defence without any pace and a hopeless GK,and im not even getting started on colbeck,WTF is he supposed to be ? A footballer? Ur havin a larf!!!

So he's injured? You'll want him playing with a broken leg next...

Look here's where I stand on it.

1) The weather was :censored:e, so it was never going to be a classic.

2) They scored - a good free kick. Keeper possibly should have done better, but it wasn't anywhere near the total blame clangers we've seen from him.

3) You're a goal down in a Roses derby with a big crowd watching, against a team who haven't exactly been sensational. So you work your tripe out. You demand the ball. You get forward. You make space at the throw-ins, pulling defenders out of position. You deliver dead balls that threaten. You want to make it happen.

I really don't think anybody in a blue shirt wanted anything more than a hot shower at full time.

Edited by opinions4u

Guest sheridans_world
so whats wrong with him now?

one thing after another it seems to me?

Like i said,sick note.

So he's played 150 games for us almost without any interruption.

He's played in 11 out of 17 games this season.

Sick note? Give us a break.

the free kick didnt go into the middle of the net it went in at the near post was a very good free kick but god forbid that a latics fan should actually accept that the opposing team did something right instead of jumping on there own players back

it wasn't in the corner ala beckham etc, it curled round and ended up in the middle of the goal, i was right behind it!!

I would congratulate any team for out footballing us and scoring or just scoring a good goal, but when the goal occurrs due to a needless foul and poor keeper positioning again, then NO i wont...

Edited by shefflatic

Guest sheridans_world
any one else see gregan scream 'f**king cr*p' in Brill's face when the goal went in? He clearly thought it as his fault

Says alot for our captain and on-pitch motivator...

It's the goalkeepers job to organise the wall and he left a massive gap which was easy to spot by the free kick taker.

If this keeper plays all season I feel he will cost Latics many valuable points.

Other than than that there was some passionless displays by many in a Latics shirts and thats inexcusable.

The manger needs to weed them out now.

Agree completely. After their goal it was game over, we just weren't up for it. There was no pressing, fight, urgency, nowt. And to sum it up I'm paying the likes of Parkers wage!! Makes me sick more than anything.

Completely inexcusable. Think I'll give Leeds a miss.

E4e

IDULL

any one else see gregan scream 'f**king cr*p' in Brill's face when the goal went in? He clearly thought it as his fault

yeah and for once he was right to give a team-mate :censored:, it's happened too many times. The only reason he's kept so many clean sheets has been because of how well we've defended. When he's had to make save it invariably results in a goal.

Beckford and Leeds will pepper 'Not So' for 90 minutes, it will be carnage on and off the field...