Getting The Priorities Right

Although i think sheehan has been an asset to us during his loan spell, i can't see us keeping him beyond this third month. Now with jacobson nearing full fitness and lomax and black able to play in this position ,is any scope in the playing budget not better spent on bringing in a striker who can chip in with a few goals to help pav out ?

We are definetely toothless up front and yet in penney's match review this doesn't seem to concern him!

Is it just me??

Although i think sheehan has been an asset to us during his loan spell, i can't see us keeping him beyond this third month. Now with jacobson nearing full fitness and lomax and black able to play in this position ,is any scope in the playing budget not better spent on bringing in a striker who can chip in with a few goals to help pav out ?

We are definetely toothless up front and yet in penney's match review this doesn't seem to concern him!

Is it just me??

lets be honest we have the worst goalkeeper to wear a latics shirt ever,the chances of him thinking we need more firepower up front is never going to happen,thought sheehan had his worst game for us sunday.

lets be honest we have the worst goalkeeper to wear a latics shirt ever,the chances of him thinking we need more firepower up front is never going to happen,thought sheehan had his worst game for us sunday.

wow your going to have absolutly nothing to talk about if brill ever leaves will you

Name me just ya 5 saves he as made? go on.

Let's make it even easier for all the Brill haters out there.

Name me 5 mistakes he has made.

I'm talking outright goalkeeping errors that have led to goals.

I can think of maybe three. But listening to you lot you'd think every single goal we've conceded is his fault.

Edited by garcon

Let's make it even easier for all the Brill haters out there.

Name me 5 mistakes he has made.

I'm talking outright goalkeeping errors that have led to goals.

I can think of three, at a push. But listening to you lot you'd think every single goal we've conceded is his fault.

his and gregan's hesitancy at Orient (failed to call)

MacNamee's Free-kick v Swindon

Palming the tame header into the net v Hartlepool

Another Free-kick v Hartlepool

harsh but the own goal v the mongs didn't react quick enough to a ball that trickled over the line

Lambert's Free-kick

arguably the header v southampton - he was in no man's land

Sunday's winner

don't hate the lad, I've even tried to defend him at times but the mistakes v Southampton and on Sunday were the final straw, he a bad 'un that's got lucky. I've lost count of the number of efforts that have hit the woodwork with him stationary and the efforts that have just hit him with him knowing sod all about it. He's made the odd decent save but in 17 games i've not seen him make one outstanding save that has brought me to my feet. Gary Kelly and Pogs would do that every week.

harsh but the own goal v the mongs didn't react quick enough to a ball that trickled over the line

Lambert's Free-kick

Sunday's winner

don't hate the lad, I've even tried to defend him at times but the mistakes v Southampton and on Sunday were the final straw, he a bad 'un that's got lucky. I've lost count of the number of efforts that have hit the woodwork with him stationary and the efforts that have just hit him with him knowing sod all about it. He's made the odd decent save but in 17 games i've not seen him make one outstanding save that has brought me to my feet. Gary Kelly and Pogs would do that every week.

Oh and I was no world beater, but i played in goal for years and Brill hardly takes anything cleanly, he tends to pat things down or juggle with the ball instead of a clean gripped catch - that's worrying because sooner or later it will cost us yet another goal that could have been avoided. we've conceded 15 goals this season and I reckon at least 10 could have been avoided (not all Brill's fault but ostly) Fleming's not the solution either in my opinion, Brill does sweep up loose balls much better and crosses aside does command his area quite well - Fleming is a tad gung-ho in rushing out but a fine shot-stopper. Personally I think we need a Beresford-esque signing..

Lambert's Free-kick

Sunday's winner

Oh and I was no world beater, but i played in goal for years and Brill hardly takes anything cleanly, he tends to pat things down or juggle with the ball instead of a clean gripped catch - that's worrying because sooner or later it will cost us yet another goal that could have been avoided. we've conceded 15 goals this season and I reckon at least 10 could have been avoided (not all Brill's fault but ostly) Fleming's not the solution either in my opinion, Brill does sweep up loose balls much better and crosses aside does command his area quite well - Fleming is a tad gung-ho in rushing out but a fine shot-stopper. Personally I think we need a Beresford-esque signing..

Lets face it most Goalkeepers we ever have at Latics are utter :censored:e.

Doesnt Pogs have the clean sheet record? Some of his gaffs were 10 times as bad as Brills. I remember one in particular at Hull away when he just threw the ball to their attacker who passed it to a team mate to stroke into the empty net. 2-0 game over.

A bit off topic, it really makes me laugh when people get so wound up about us letting in goals due to mistakes. Its a fact of life at this level. Goalkeepers and defenders will make mistakes otherwise they would be playing in the Premierleague. Watch the football league show and see how many goals throughout the football league come from mistakes.

Have you noticed now Brill is taking the flak Gregan and Hazell bashing on here has stopped.

For the record I do think that Brill is a bad keeper. But no worse than many of the other bad keepers we have had. Its funny when people call for Josh Ollerenshaw to get a game. How bad must he be remember Dean Brill is keeping him out of the team. I think for Latics fans to like a keeper you have to pull of the "one for the camera" style saves.

It looks like we are going to be stuck with Brill until at least January so we might as well get behind him.

Doesnt Pogs have the clean sheet record? Some of his gaffs were 10 times as bad as Brills. I remember one in particular at Hull away when he just threw the ball to their attacker who passed it to a team mate to stroke into the empty net. 2-0 game over.

A bit off topic, it really makes me laugh when people get so wound up about us letting in goals due to mistakes. Its a fact of life at this level. Goalkeepers and defenders will make mistakes otherwise they would be playing in the Premierleague. Watch the football league show and see how many goals throughout the football league come from mistakes.

Have you noticed now Brill is taking the flak Gregan and Hazell bashing on here has stopped.

For the record I do think that Brill is a bad keeper. But no worse than many of the other bad keepers we have had. Its funny when people call for Josh Ollerenshaw to get a game. How bad must he be remember Dean Brill is keeping him out of the team. I think for Latics fans to like a keeper you have to pull of the "one for the camera" style saves.

It looks like we are going to be stuck with Brill until at least January so we might as well get behind him.

Not booed him once, just tend to hold my head in my hands a lot and as I've said whilst he is first choice custodian I will try and support him during the game...

I can't comment on the others, but I don't agree with either of those.

I'm in a similar boat to leeslover, but I suppose we've just been lucky so far.

Lambert's Free-kick

Sunday's winner

Sorry Prozac, i respect your opinion quite alot on here as you do post some decent stuff, but that is garbage in my opinion.

You've named 8 goals there, and i've seen 7 of them, i'd blame him for 3 just like the other poster did earlier. How you can blame him for the Orient goal baffles me, sure at the time, people claimed he shouted away, and even if they didn't, how can you be sure he didn't shout it. Gregans fault in my opinion. Swindon goal i didn't see, can remember it was a long way out though.

Then the Hartlepool goals, i'm not blaming him for that free kick, it was a thunderbolt, maybe his postioning wasn't world class, but the power on that shot left him no chance, would have stuggled being right behind it, in which case he positioning would have been awful. The header i will blame him for (see further down)

MK Dons? Thats truely silly, nothing he could do the ball bounced off him, he was down on the floor, impossible for him to save that. Well not impossible but would have been a super save, so hardly a mistake.

Against Southampton again the header, but its the same mistake as against Hartlepool, so although it's bad, its the same thing, claming crosses, something which hopefully can be adjusted. The other Southampton goal as well, thats just a pure mistake though in my opinion, nothing to do with goalkeeping abilites, you telling me Schiemical never let one trickle through him? Henry never missed from 5 yards out?

And the Huddersfield goal was never his fault, it was a cracking free kick that found the corner, check the Huddersfield forum, they don't blame the keeper, as don't quite a few people on here.

I'll repeat what i said defensively we are the 5th best side in the league. Offensively we are 23rd, i know which area needs sorting out.

Personally I feel that the upturn in form of Gregan & Hazell has covered for the failing of Brill. Hazell was my MOTM on Sunday (by far the best of a bad bunch) and is almost back to the level he was at before his awful wobble & Gregan has be a consistent solid performer for most of the season. The clean sheets were more down the improving form of our CB's (& Lomax & AS in the full-back positions) than they were to our Keeper.

He may have had 5 clean sheets up until the Southampton game but they weren't his clean sheets - the 1 on 1 save Vs Carlisle apart; I can't recall another save he made to keep us in a game; a real "points saver" if you will. Brill was the very lucky beneficiary of an upturn in the form of our back 4; that's it. He's been sheltered during the 5 game run. The real Mr Brill returned against the Saints & he continued against Hudds. We need a new keeper NOW; he ain’t up to it - full stop.

Sorry Prozac, i respect your opinion quite alot on here as you do post some decent stuff, but that is garbage in my opinion.

You've named 8 goals there, and i've seen 7 of them, i'd blame him for 3 just like the other poster did earlier. How you can blame him for the Orient goal baffles me, sure at the time, people claimed he shouted away, and even if they didn't, how can you be sure he didn't shout it. Gregans fault in my opinion. Swindon goal i didn't see, can remember it was a long way out though.

Then the Hartlepool goals, i'm not blaming him for that free kick, it was a thunderbolt, maybe his postioning wasn't world class, but the power on that shot left him no chance, would have stuggled being right behind it, in which case he positioning would have been awful. The header i will blame him for (see further down)

MK Dons? Thats truely silly, nothing he could do the ball bounced off him, he was down on the floor, impossible for him to save that. Well not impossible but would have been a super save, so hardly a mistake.

Against Southampton again the header, but its the same mistake as against Hartlepool, so although it's bad, its the same thing, claming crosses, something which hopefully can be adjusted. The other Southampton goal as well, thats just a pure mistake though in my opinion, nothing to do with goalkeeping abilites, you telling me Schiemical never let one trickle through him? Henry never missed from 5 yards out?

And the Huddersfield goal was never his fault, it was a cracking free kick that found the corner, check the Huddersfield forum, they don't blame the keeper, as don't quite a few people on here.

I'll repeat what i said defensively we are the 5th best side in the league. Offensively we are 23rd, i know which area needs sorting out.

It seems very coincidental to me that we have seen the emergence of some of the worlds leading free kick exponents plying their trade in League 1 teams this season.

Almost inexpilcable really. :blink: