Haye v Valuev

Terrible fight...

To be fair its never gonna be a good fight with Valuev. You have to have a plan and make sure you stick to it otherwise you have no chance.

Anyway Good to have a British heavyweight champ again!

It was great to see. I did think if it went to points and going off some debatable previous decisions there that Valuev would end up taking it. Thought Haye did just enough. It was quite a sight to see Valuev rocking in the 12th when Haye decided to take it to him.

Pacman v Cotto next.

I didn't think they were going to give it to him, one of the lowest punching fights in memory. To be fair to Haye he did exactly what he needed to do and stuck to it, plus knackering his hand early doors can't have helped.

Bring on Ruiz now and let Haye fight a proper heavyweight, hopefully he keeps up his tactical boxing rather than just going for the bingo punch and does go on to unify the division.

Got to say after watching the last 2 rounds you can see why Valuev won so many fights, keep his man at distance then land a few hammer blows and bang its over, allthough when Haye got hold of him i was waiting for someone to shout "TIIIIMMMMBEEEERRRRR"

Haye deserved the win, and as you say BT if, and its a big if he can get past Ruiz, Klitchko either one will be a different prospect!

Best of luck to the lad!

Got to say after watching the last 2 rounds you can see why Valuev won so many fights, keep his man at distance then land a few hammer blows and bang its over, allthough when Haye got hold of him i was waiting for someone to shout "TIIIIMMMMBEEEERRRRR"

Haye deserved the win, and as you say BT if, and its a big if he can get past Ruiz, Klitchko either one will be a different prospect!

Best of luck to the lad!

Not sure if it is a big if for him to get past Ruiz, if he keeps his head and boxes tactically like he did tonight he should be more of a match for Ruiz. He will be able to hit the blokes head a lot easier than Big-Value's then line up against the Klitchkos. Can see him doing the younger one first and the elder retiring before he has to fight Haye.