The Original Anti Oldham Arena Residents Group...

I never understood these people, they move in next to a 100 year old football stadium, knowing full well that it was more thank likely we'd want to extend eventually, yet they still complain over the matter of a few thousand extra seats, and a few extra neighbours!

I can sort of see where the Failsworth Action Group were coming from, they were there first, but we've been on Broadway for 103 years! How on earth can they complain?!

I see what you're saying but Oldham Arena was more than just a new, bigger stadium - it was surrounded by multi-store :censored: -flats, offices, hotel and whatever else.

I will never understand the objection to SportsPark 2000, though - Clayton would have been built on, but a larger area of playing fields would have been created nearer to the houses...!

I see what you're saying but Oldham Arena was more than just a new, bigger stadium - it was surrounded by multi-store :censored:-flats, offices, hotel and whatever else.

I will never understand the objection to SportsPark 2000, though - Clayton would have been built on, but a larger area of playing fields would have been created nearer to the houses...!

Could never understand it myself and i'm a resident! The leaflets they used to push through my door used to make my blood boil. They were gonna get better facilities and lose nothing! Think it was just a power trip for some ....the jumped up b***@@*s :ranting: