Why I support Oldham?

Lived in Ashton and brought up in a City and United household. Grandad would take me to watch City so initially chose City. Dad turned against United in 70's and took me to BP. I remember clinging on to the advertisement hoardings in the Main Stand Paddock next to kids of own age who I made friends with, I could connect with players who would remain at the club for several years, & banter with legends like of Peter Osgood (Southampton in Texaco Cup) and Bobby Moore (Fulham - what an own goal).

The early enjoyment & memories have never left me and protect me against despair. I'm not sure I would be following Oldham had I been introduced to them since the mid 90's.

Lived in Ashton and brought up in a City and United household. Grandad would take me to watch City so initially chose City. Dad turned against United in 70's and took me to BP. I remember clinging on to the advertisement hoardings in the Main Stand Paddock next to kids of own age who I made friends with, I could connect with players who would remain at the club for several years, & banter with legends like of Peter Osgood (Southampton in Texaco Cup) and Bobby Moore (Fulham - what an own goal).

The early enjoyment & memories have never left me and protect me against despair. I'm not sure I would be following Oldham had I been introduced to them since the mid 90's.

No need to rub it in!

Born at Boundary Park, so it's in my blood.

When my lad was born the mid-wife thrust him in to my arms and took Mrs o4u away for a shower.

I wandered over to the window of the delivery room, not quite sure what to do with the mellow babe in my arms, and showed the newborn the Mecca that is Boundary Park.

The poor lad is now an addict.

Edited by opinions4u

Grew up in a red scum house, and I guess I wanted to rebel and support someone different. At the time, when I was about 8, Liverpool were beating manure a lot and so I kinda supported them for a year or so. I had been to the FA Cup final a few times before, but never to a league game, and I kept bugging my dad to take me to a match. Went to Ashton United a few times, then begged my Dad to take me to the latics. It was awesome, I still remeber the first game vividly. I couldn't believe how close I was to these famous guys.

Ever since then I have been hooked on latics. I went with my dad a few more times, then with a friend and his older brother. Pretty much went every home game from then until I moved :(

I miss the rocky road so much. Was always devastated when the away fans took up all of the rocky.

Not been now for like 5 years :(

I've never been allowed to have a choice!

My Great Grandfather "Flash" Harry Garland played for Pine Villa, and my other Great Grandfather Alfred Tetlow was one of the founder members of Oldham Athletic. We still had our 20 original shares from that time until C***s M***e destroed our club. My Dad has been following Latics for over 60 years and there is no way any Son of his would be allowed to follow anybody else.

When my lad was born the mid-wife thrust him in to my arms and took Mrs o4u away for a shower.

I wandered over to the window of the delivery room, not quite sure what to do with the mellow babe in my arms, and showed the newborn the Mecca that is Boundary Park.

:imnotworthy::applause1: :applause1: :applause1: :applause1:

same happened to me but i was only the couple of hours old so ill have to take my dads word for it. and latics won the following saturday.

Grew up in a red scum house, and I guess I wanted to rebel and support someone different. At the time, when I was about 8, Liverpool were beating manure a lot and so I kinda supported them for a year or so.

Too many people in Oldham support Liverpool, that why i started supporting Latics, in a tiny attempt to redress the balance. :wink:

actually i didn't want to take sides between my brother (Liverpool) and my sister (Everton), and we were a big Premiership club at the time so it didn't seem quite as daft an idea then.