Failsworth Development

In the rarely tonight, Tory group leader, councillor Jack Hulme was reassured by the Latics directors that the new stadium would only be one storey and not overpowering everything on the front of the road!!!

I don't think there is any ambition whatsoever from TTA to increase the capacity some time in the future if the team were to get into the championship, mainly because they won't be here!

If we were to grace the Championship, which surely has to be our aim, there would be a possibility that we could, potentially, be hosting the likes of, Huddersfield, Preston, Sheff U, Sheff W, Derby, West Brom, Newcastle, Leeds, West Ham, Wolves, Bolton, and Blackburn. With raised expectations of our own fans and a general increase in attendance where would we put all these extra away fans!!!

For me, there has to be room for expansion in the future and, as a statement of intent, this has to be included in the original planning submission, If it is'nt, then I fear like the corporal has intimated once or twice that we will be seen by our fans to be settling for a lower league exsistence!

If the directors think that a move to a shiny new stadium and continued survival at this level will be enough to increase the fanbase then they are sadly mistaken!!

If the directors think that a move to a shiny new stadium and continued survival at this level will be enough to increase the fanbase then they are sadly mistaken!!

Is that their aim though ? I thought the stadium was their exit strategy... Not sure what the big picture is...

Edited by oafc0000