Marketing the club ourselves?

The whole thing would not make a loss if it was taken up... Reals attendance numbers where wrong for a start....

You DID miss the whole point... Even if it made a loss over three games, the idea is to boost attendance long term...

Lately you have decided to get real personal with me... You not like it when someone throws it back ?

So it IS a loss leader then? :unsure:

Can you explain the mechanics of how your proposed loss leader would boost attendence long term? I, amongst others, have made clear, concise and coherent arguments to suggest they wouldn't, yet you have ignored them. Instead you remain with your fingers in your ears whilst bleating "you miss the point".

You're impossible mate.

Edited by Stitch_KTF

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact I have added you to ignore... Can not be arsed communicating with you tich...

EDIT:

What a lovely sight :)

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Stitch_KTF.

· View this post

· Un-ignore Stitch_KTF

If you can't beat 'em ignore 'em!

What an absolute f*****g numpty. :)

Yes [ 40 ] [86.96%]

No [ 6 ] [13.04%]

Your entitled to your own personal opinion though...

A poll based on incorrect/incomplete info isn't really valid though.

Do you want tax cut to 15%: Y or N

Everyone votes yes.

Then, afterwards someone says, ok you want it; we'll do it, by the way we're closing the NHS, did we forget to mention that bit?

The quality of the team is not why I lapsed... So for me personally that is not true...

you are already a fan though

to market a club and bring new fans in you need a decent team on the pitch

otherwise its a case of 'that was crap im not going there again', which means marketing the club would be pointless

Everyone votes yes.

Then, afterwards someone says, ok you want it; we'll do it, by the way we're closing the NHS, did we forget to mention that bit?

Two birds with one stone, what's not to like about that? :)

Everyone votes yes.

and then you go suggesting the same idea...

Oh well...

Moving on...

The whole idea was to increase attendances long term... You missed the whole point anyway...

Next...

Stop being such a tit about it....

To be fair, you didn't mention long term attendances at all, you just mentioned 3 games and £750 / 25 fans. I think you're trying to ride 2 horses here, accepting the flaws but still trying to claim it was a valid suggestion. Will people turn up at £18/£20 after 3 games at £10 each?

There's little evidence that it works. It can also devalue to overall income by affecting ST holder's decisions.

ST = £308, but miss 4 games = £308 for 19 games. 3 games a season at £10, leaves £278 for 16 games. Cost per game = £17.37.

They'd only have to miss 1 further game and they'd see an ST as lesser value at £18.53 a game. Most probably wouldn't go this way, but some might, and once they stop the ST, they may not keep coming if things don't go well.

If they dropped to 15 games, with 3 at £10, income would drop by £62 per season for each one that stopped their ST.

nb. This is just an analysis of the potential cost of such a scheme; it is not a thumbs up or down, just information that should be taken into account in making any decision.

To be fair, you didn't mention long term attendances at all

I also did not mention making a fortune either...

I have accepted I was slap dash over the numbers... I still think its worth doing IF they fix other things at BP... No point getting them in for them to hit the same rubbish which made me call it a day...

Stockport are promoting 10 game tickets again.

Now the success of these was combined with Gannon and a near miss on promotion followed by a play-off win at Wembley etc.

Crowds have shrunk in a similar way to ours this season, although theirs is linked more to administration than anything else.

It effectively cuts the cost of a game by £3.50 a ticket, but commits the fan to attend more often.

Back to original topic...does anyone have any ideas about what we as fans could do to maybe help market the club?

Doesnt have to be massive costly things could be anything, even if its just things to add to the atmosphere, improve the day out at the football, help lift some of the negativity.

Back to original topic...does anyone have any ideas about what we as fans could do to maybe help market the club?

Doesnt have to be massive costly things could be anything, even if its just things to add to the atmosphere, improve the day out at the football, help lift some of the negativity.

Maybe they could hold a halftime event whereby oafc0000 is strapped to a big, colourful target and is wheeled around the perimeter of the pitch whilst everybody throws custard pies at him?

Maybe they could hold a halftime event whereby oafc0000 is strapped to a big, colourful target and is wheeled around the perimeter of the pitch whilst everybody throws custard pies at him?

Who's paying for the travel from Warrington? Or is Barry picking him up?

Volunteer day to clean up / re-paint anything that needs doing (some say bits look dilapidated) - paint lookers wall - mural? just for now?

Get 100 volunteers (club might throw in free match admission - could link it through jobcentre/volunteer organisation for unemployed latics?); get a sponsor for paint/brushes/materials; cleaning up stuff - sweeping brushes, rubbish bags etc.

Could paint the unused steps in the main stand paddocks, maybe the lookers terracing in Blue/white/tangerine? (mainly blue though). Maybe some slogans "Oh When the Blues" - hell we could even have song lyrics! :grin:

Why aren't the Latics represented officially on Facebook (I think the ones on now are unofficial) ?

It's a great advertising outlet..and free, even local radio stations use it now to publicise events.

This has been on my mind...not wanting to take anything away from the guys who run unofficial things on social networking sites but the club could do with having an official voice on them for people to interact with.

Volunteer day to clean up / re-paint anything that needs doing (some say bits look dilapidated) - paint lookers wall - mural? just for now?

Get 100 volunteers (club might throw in free match admission - could link it through jobcentre/volunteer organisation for unemployed latics?); get a sponsor for paint/brushes/materials; cleaning up stuff - sweeping brushes, rubbish bags etc.

Could paint the unused steps in the main stand paddocks, maybe the lookers terracing in Blue/white/tangerine? (mainly blue though). Maybe some slogans "Oh When the Blues" - hell we could even have song lyrics! :grin:

A mural would be great on the Lookers wall, maybe get a local designer or young artists in to do something with it. Would the club allow everyone to put their banners and flags up covering the lookers steps, someone suggested it in another thread and I think its a great idea.

What would the cost of that be?

£1800 max (actually it's an "opportunity cost" if anything) - although if you used unemployed, they would, on average be less likely to attend at £18, so the cost would be reduced, on the other hand if the volunteer were a regular, the cost could be offset by increased goodwill (although goodwill, as an intangible asset, can only really be assessed accurately when a company is sold).

Hmm, I wonder how much the goodwill vs impairment would work out at OAFC? :wink:

Edited by real

Why aren't the Latics represented officially on Facebook (I think the ones on now are unofficial) ?

It's a great advertising outlet..and free, even local radio stations use it now to publicise events.

sent to webmonkey

A mural would be great on the Lookers wall, maybe get a local designer or young artists in to do something with it. Would the club allow everyone to put their banners and flags up covering the lookers steps, someone suggested it in another thread and I think its a great idea.

Email hardy?