Penney Must Go

And a striking return to form with your next post. A realistic discussion by fans and you are trying to divert it into your usual.

Well done. We couldn't just once have a discussion about how well or badly the manager is doing, within his own context, could we? Would that hurt? As you often point out, there are dozens of threads, and there are, where you can talk about our ambition to become a club permanently rooted in the lower leagues, as demonstrated by the lack of ambition shown by us building a 12,000 seater stadium whilst most teams in higher divisions build capacities far higher than their regular attendance.

It simply no longer holds water for you to say there are plenty of other threads if you decide to come and toss all over the likes of this which have a clear point when there are several still going with your one-message point. You are trying to grind all football talk down into you unique an miserable blend. Please stop it and leave people to debate pure football matters once in a while.

I'm not stopping anybody having 'a realistic discussion.' Neither on this thread nor any other on which you and your ilk can be realistic all the way to the fourth division if it pleases you.

Read the thread again and then repeat that bit about 'pure football matters.' :lol:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know what the difference between the budgets are ?

Talbot had the really expensive injured crap on his wage bill from the ITV Digital era that couldn't be bribed to piss off from their C Moore contracts, Moore had the chance to bring in who who he wanted pretty much on a clean slate, that's the difference. There won't have been a fan in the third division that saw us sign Beckett, Wellens and Liddell for starters that wouldn't have been jealous, and mock as we might now his Rotherham imports had all won promotion into and played in the Championship. No question that Ronnie had the freest budget, sure TTA backed Shez a lot bit not in terms of signing an all-star 11, he used youth, as a team like us should do.

Talbot had the really expensive injured crap on his wage bill from the ITV Digital era that couldn't be bribed to piss off from their C Moore contracts, Moore had the chance to bring in who who he wanted pretty much on a clean slate, that's the difference. There won't have been a fan in the third division that saw us sign Beckett, Wellens and Liddell for starters that wouldn't have been jealous, and mock as we might now his Rotherham imports had all won promotion into and played in the Championship. No question that Ronnie had the freest budget, sure TTA backed Shez a lot bit not in terms of signing an all-star 11, he used youth, as a team like us should do.

Good points...

A lot of talk regarding the budget at the moment and it seems to be based on little concrete... I would be surprised to find out the budget is much lower than the one Shez had to work with...

As opposed to non-human action?

Yes. I've never seen Market Forces buying a round, or walking his dog, yet you seem to think he does all sorts of things that nobody in the world will be able to deal with, effect or respond to. Boo Hoo! Market Forces is coming to get me! And (separately) "The oil is running out!" Talk about whether Dave Penney is the right manager for Oldham at this point or go back to your many threads.

IMO Penney has had his ups and downs. Not going to read too much into today - mystifying substitution before half time, but like the rest of the game it may well have been influenced by the mystery pox sweeping the squad, and seeming afflicting at least Reuben during it.

I doubt at this point that we will make the play offs, I think given a fair rub of the green, and especially Pav and Taylor staying fit and in fair form we might nudge around them. Amzing that people can be pissed off at us throwing the towel in with 9 games to go (as I was) think it's all over on 24/11

Oh its okay,the likes of sideburns will tell us all everything will be ok.

Let me say this,

the fault is with the OWNERS,they are giving the manager fk all to spend,so naturally we are getting mediocre players.

these OWNERS are taking us DOWN,dont look at the players or the manager,look at THEM.

Oh its okay,the likes of sideburns will tell us all everything will be ok.

Let me say this,

the fault is with the OWNERS,they are giving the manager fk all to spend,so naturally we are getting mediocre players.

these OWNERS are taking us DOWN,dont look at the players or the manager,look at THEM.

While I share where you are pointing the blame... Your possibly doing it using the wrong fight... What you basing this idea of having no money to spend ? Penny brought in a number of players... Has he really got less to spend than Shez had ? If so, how do you know ? The board said the budget was competitive which I took as meaning pretty much the same Shez...

While I share where you are pointing the blame... Your possibly doing it using the wrong fight... What you basing this idea of having no money to spend ? Penny brought in a number of players... Has he really got less to spend than Shez had ? If so, how do you know ? The board said the budget was competitive which I took as meaning pretty much the same Shez...

Reading between the lines, I've taken their statements across the last few years as being that they aren't going to spunk money like mad, they have spunked a fair bit but they reckon some others are spunking like good 'uns and will wish they hadn't been.

Reading between the lines, I've taken their statements across the last few years as being that they aren't going to spunk money like mad, they have spunked a fair bit but they reckon some others are spunking like good 'uns and will wish they hadn't been.

Reading between the line hey... We seem to be a bit picky over when its ok to do that and when it is not...

I did not get the same feeling... I got the feeling Pennys budget is about the same level as the one Shez worked with...

If only there was a fan on the board...you know, someone you could ask about this sort of stuff...oh well...

Why is it that all these so called crap managers are always decent enough for other clubs??

OAFC, (the board, the players and its supporters) need to take a good, long, hard look at themselves first, before yet another manager doesn't get given a fair go.

This club is pretty much unmanageable and has been for over 10 years. Looking for scapegoats season after season just isn't working.

Why is it that all these so called crap managers are always decent enough for other clubs??

OAFC, (the board, the players and its supporters) need to take a good, long, hard look at themselves first, before yet another manager doesn't get given a fair go.

This club is pretty much unmanageable and has been for over 10 years. Looking for scapegoats season after season just isn't working.

+1

It could easily be changed... Just requires people to grow a set and not pander to moaning fans...

Yes. I've never seen Market Forces buying a round, or walking his dog, yet you seem to think he does all sorts of things that nobody in the world will be able to deal with, effect or respond to. Boo Hoo! Market Forces is coming to get me! And (separately) "The oil is running out!" Talk about whether Dave Penney is the right manager for Oldham at this point or go back to your many threads.

IMO Penney has had his ups and downs. Not going to read too much into today - mystifying substitution before half time, but like the rest of the game it may well have been influenced by the mystery pox sweeping the squad, and seeming afflicting at least Reuben during it.

I doubt at this point that we will make the play offs, I think given a fair rub of the green, and especially Pav and Taylor staying fit and in fair form we might nudge around them. Amzing that people can be pissed off at us throwing the towel in with 9 games to go (as I was) think it's all over on 24/11

You can still have that 'bet' about promotion if you want?

But pray, dear boy, what on earth are you wittering about in your first paragraph? It really irks you when your cargo cultist twaddle is questioned doesn't it? :lol: