FAO: Barry Owen : Budget

oafc0000

Hi Barry

Many fans are calling into question the issue of the budget which is avilable to the manager. Can you confirm if the budget avilable to the manager is greater, the same or less than the budget which was avilable to Shez.

I have not used the PM system for this as it is a point which is being raised time and time again and is of interest to the whole fan base.

Thank You for your prompt reply

Edited by oafc0000

Use the PM facility

Thread (no doubt soon to be) locked

No I don't want to use the PM system. Lots of talk about budget and I think we need a public reply and not a private one which can then be denied etc. This is not a private matter.

People saying penny has a poor budget with no concrete evidence. What's wrong in askin OUR repersentative to give a public response. It's not a private matter.

If people do not want to know and want to attack / defend someone based on guess work then please say. Otherwise I think we should get an explanation.

Edited by oafc0000

No I don't want to use the PM system. Lots of talk about budget and I think we need a public reply and not a private one which can then be denied etc. This is not a private matter.

People saying penny has a poor budget with no concrete evidence. What's wrong in askin OUR repersentative to give a public response. It's not a private matter.

If people do not want to know and want to attack / defend someone based on guess work then please say. Otherwise I think we should get an explanation.

The budget can't be as big can it, if people such as yourself are choosing not to go to BP.

The budget can't be as big can it, if people such as yourself are choosing not to go to BP.

That is something of an idiot suggestion... How the hell as the budget got anything to do if I go or not...

If you actually took the time to read my posts you might have something of an idea why I have not be coming. Anyway, I am back for Exeter game...

That is something of an idiot suggestion... How the hell as the budget got anything to do if I go or not...

If you actually took the time to read my posts you might have something of an idea why I have not be coming. Anyway, I am back for Exeter game...

How can fewer bums on seats, leads to less income, leads to less for playing budget be described as idiotic?

How can fewer bums on seats, leads to less income, leads to less for playing budget be described as idiotic?

The budget was set before any noticeable decline in attendance... It is set in the summer when the manager is getting players.

You was linking my attendance to the budget. That is idiotic...

Anyway, the question was no directed at you. It was directed at someone who can actually answer the question. Your all just assuming the budget is low. I have a feeling its probably very similar to the same one that Shez built three resonably succesful teams with.

Either way it needs clearing up as the manager is getting attacked and defended using the budget....

Edited by oafc0000

I seem to recall Corney saying pre/early season that the playing budget had ended up being more than Shez had last season. Hardly surprising given Sheridan had such a low one.....

I despair at all the posters spouting "Sheridan spunked all our money and now DP hasn't got any". Compare the squads and, ffs, absorb Corney's comments on the matter. It's bollocks, and even if it wasn't at least Shez tried to get us playing (and got results).

he as manager had by far the biggest budgets afforded to our team in recent years....and didnt have a clue what to do to utilise it correctly...

so mr penny is sadly bearing the brunt of no cash to piss about with because of his predecessors actions or lack of them

:laught16: or :petesake:

But it would be quicker and more direct if you went straight to Barry via PM. If he doesn't reply say so.

I'm not sure how anything can be denied if you get a reply in black and white.

If the information is vital to you, why not attempt to find it out in the most direct manner? It does seem that this is a personal anti-Barry train rather than a robust attempt to get information you regard as important. You've made it clear that you have little time for him but here's an opportunity to put that to one side if you really want to find out some info.

But it would be quicker and more direct if you went straight to Barry via PM. If he doesn't reply say so.

I'm not sure how anything can be denied if you get a reply in black and white.

I have never been a fan of posting "Private" Messages... I will however drop him a PM and let him know about this post. Considering it is in the Trust Oldham section of the site I should not need to though.

If the information is vital to you

Yes... The manager is being attacked / defended on false information (on way or the other). I also would like to know how much the manager is being backed by board. Its extremely vital to clear this up I feel.

Why not attempt to find it out in the most direct manner?

I have already explained...

It does seem that this is a personal anti-Barry train rather than a robust attempt to get information you regard as important.

How is it anti-Barry... Its a basic question and one that Barry probably had little say in... :blink:

You've made it clear that you have little time for him but here's an opportunity to put that to one side if you really want to find out some info.

Its a good opportunity for him to do something I am critical of him.

I highly suspect to find out Penny has a good budget. As I said above...how any of this is "anti" barry is beyond me...

the question was asked at 1 o'clock this morning plenty of time to reply,after all he is meant to be the voice of the fans,but then again you are the site mod come GOD so your always right :wink:

He has not logged in yet... If he logs in and does not reply then you might have a point but you have to give people a chance!

Edited by oafc0000

ffs... YES...

In which case I am genuinely pleased. And if (when) we win I shall implore you to keep on coming as you must be the lucky charm we've been missing.

p.s. the downside is that we can't provoke you by pointing out you never watch Latics. :mad:

Edited by LaticsPete