Andy Ritchie

Andy Ritchie would the fans have him back as a manager only asking cheers i dont no if the rumour are true about him begin lined up for penney.

Look: Andy Ritchie: would the fans have him back as manager? Only asking, cheers; I don't know if the rumours are true about him being lined up to replace Penney.

Much more understandable like this, isn't it?

Look: Andy Ritchie: would the fans have him back as manager? Only asking, cheers; I don't know if the rumours are true about him being lined up to replace Penney.

Much more understandable like this, isn't it?

sorry if i never maked sence i had loads of bozze tonight please answer the threads good so i can read people views cheers

sorry if i never maked sence i had loads of bozze tonight please answer the threads good so i can read people views cheers

My 7 year old daughter writes her school news more eloquently than you write on here. Please do us a favour, go to bed as its late and try again tomorrow if you are sober. Goodnight.

i would he was doing ok with the latics, also leave royalarmy alone not everyone has typing skills u can still make out what he is trying to say :D

i wouldnt want to see him back,nothing against him but been there done it so to speak..why go back just for the sake of familiararity and a friendly face....he is obviously in demand hence his contract with leeds for commentating on there games..

i think in all honesty if penny was to be replaced we need someone who will come in and take things up a notch or 2,like young ferguson or the like....

so nobody wants to see him back he did ok job at barnsley at hudderfield.

We ought to have appointed him in the first place. He has, after all, achieved more as a manager than DP (not to mention the host of benefits pretty much only he could bring to the club at this critical point in its life).

If you are blaming the lack of grammar and poor standard of English on alcohol consumption then I would seriously consider seeing a doctor asap or maybe have a chat with Alcoholics Anonymous.

Andy Ritchie would the fans have him back as a manager only asking cheers i dont no if the rumour are true about him begin lined up for penney.

In a heartbeat.

Apart from his legendary status amoungst the fans, I think he's got unfinished business here and would boost attendances immediately....for a bit.

For the host of related benefits maybe?

He's also gotten a club out of this league since he left Oldham.

Why did he get sacked at Barnsley and why at Huddersfield? Sorry great guy, the greatest latics player but not a manager I don't think he can make the tough decisions that others can. By the way Ronnie moore got promoted from this division with a smaller club than us shall we have him back?

Why did he get sacked at Barnsley and why at Huddersfield? Sorry great guy, the greatest latics player but not a manager I don't think he can make the tough decisions that others can. By the way Ronnie moore got promoted from this division with a smaller club than us shall we have him back?

You're not allowed to say that any other club is smaller than us anymore.

You expect far too much.

No, though I'd prefer Ronnie to Penney! More experience, more success and he plays better football.

Despite Stitch apparently being unable to make 'tough decisions' he did get Barnsley out of this division. This isn't why I think we should appoint him, it's just my retort to those who say he's a bad manager. The season after his promotion he was sacked for being too loyal to his players rather than buying in new ones, as bizarre as it sounds.

What do the many posters who advocate building a young team and letting it grow together make of that approach?

Ritchie didn't do badly here either in my opinion. His sacking resulted in my prolonged absence from BP. I pretty much missed the Wadsworth days. :grin:

No, though I'd prefer Ronnie to Penney! More experience, more success and he plays better football.

Despite Stitch apparently being unable to make 'tough decisions' he did get Barnsley out of this division. This isn't why I think we should appoint him, it's just my retort to those who say he's a bad manager. The season after his promotion he was sacked for being too loyal to his players rather than buying in new ones, as bizarre as it sounds.

What do the many posters who advocate building a young team and letting it grow together make of that approach?

Ritchie didn't do badly here either in my opinion. His sacking resulted in my prolonged absence from BP. I pretty much missed the Wadsworth days. :grin:

thats because the players he wanted to keep were not good enough for a higher division or not ready,and he was told to bring in experienced players who could play in that division..and he couldnt

im not saying he is a bad manager...just too nicey nicey and we all saw what happened to shez with that approach

wrong man for this moment in time,we need someone who isnt affraid to change things when there not working,to be vocal on the sidelines with encouragement instructions and the odd rant,someone the players actually respect and think to themself,:censored:..we best not go in at half time 1 down or hes gonna have a blue fit type person.

thats because the players he wanted to keep were not good enough for a higher division or not ready,and he was told to bring in experienced players who could play in that division..and he couldnt

Thanks for clearing that up, Ed. It makes you wonder why their chairmen didn't manage the team himself.....

im not saying he is a bad manager...just too nicey nicey and we all saw what happened to shez with that approach

wrong man for this moment in time,we need someone who isnt affraid to change things when there not working,to be vocal on the sidelines with encouragement instructions and the odd rant,someone the players actually respect and think to themself,:censored:..we best not go in at half time 1 down or hes gonna have a blue fit type person.

Totally disagree. What this club needs is a massive injection of enthusiasm, urgently. I can't think of an easier way to do that than by installing a club legend who was unfairly and prematurely sacked last time he was here, by a man we now all hate. It's hardly like he's a failed manager either - he's achieved more than any of our last 4 managers and we're arguably the smallest club he's managed.

What we don't necessarily need is a disciplinarian, or whatever. They have their advantages of course, but we've got one of those, it's boring, we're losing and it's driving fans away at an absolutely crucial, crucial point in the club's life.

P.S You can't frighten :censored: players into "not going in 1 down".

Edited by Stitch_KTF

Thanks for clearing that up, Ed. It makes you wonder why their chairmen didn't manage the team himself.....

Totally disagree. What this club needs is a massive injection of enthusiasm, urgently. I can't think of an easier way to do that than by installing a club legend who was unfairly and prematurely sacked last time he was here, by a man we now all hate. It's hardly like he's a failed manager either - he's achieved more than any of our last 4 managers and we're arguably the smallest club he's managed.

What we don't necessarily need is a disciplinarian, or whatever. They have their advantages of course, but we've got one of those, it's boring, we're losing and it's driving fans away at an absolutely crucial, crucial point in the club's life.

P.S You can't frighten :censored: players into "not going in 1 down".

i think that was mentioned you know,there chairman picking teams etc and stating i want so and so..but not giving the right cash to do so...

yeah i think your right,:censored: players are :censored: players no matter what you say to them,its just a pity we seem to collect them en-mass

club legend comes back to save the day....wasnt this tried with shez though,arguably given the most cash to throw at the team than previous managers,and couldnt do it...then bring back the ultimate legend in joe....who also couldnt get anything out of 9 games(wasnt enough time i know)

i just dont see the advantage of doing it,just because in there heyday they were legends with us....i just dont think we need sentiment at the moment..but thats just my opionion