Soooo, rumours quashed or more doubts raised?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get off your high horse and come into the real world.

Anybody can say anything and then find valid reasons for having to go back on their word at a later date. Changing circumstances etc etc.

Some of you are such innocent, credulous creatures. Incapable of learning, it seems.

so i take it that is a no to meeting mr corney and getting your point of view across then???

im not on any kind of high horse...im simply asking for those on here who think there so bloody clever and know everything,have been given an oppertunity to a personal meet and answer session with one of the owners..so rather than carry on spouting your opinions on here get off your arse get down to the club and bloody well meet the guy..put you point over listen to his answers and then decide if you like it or not...

dont do what 99% of other people do ans stay hid behind your keyboard

so i take it that is a no to meeting mr corney and getting your point of view across then???

im not on any kind of high horse...im simply asking for those on here who think there so bloody clever and know everything,have been given an oppertunity to a personal meet and answer session with one of the owners..so rather than carry on spouting your opinions on here get off your arse get down to the club and bloody well meet the guy..put you point over listen to his answers and then decide if you like it or not...

dont do what 99% of other people do ans stay hid behind your keyboard

Of course it's a no. I've already explained more than once the reasons why. In short, I don't want to start harbouring delusions that I'm somehow participating in the running of the club just because those who do say they'll listen to fans. They hold the purse strings and have all the votes. No amount of glad-handing changes this fact.

The club employs people to run it, and I don't care in the slightest how they do it as long as the club re-establishes itself in the Championship. I'm going to be waiting a long time.

Of course it's a no. I've already explained more than once the reasons why. In short, I don't want to start harbouring delusions that I'm somehow participating in the running of the club just because those who do say they'll listen to fans. They hold the purse strings and have all the votes. No amount of glad-handing changes this fact.

The club employs people to run it, and I don't care in the slightest how they do it as long as the club re-establishes itself in the Championship. I'm going to be waiting a long time.

thought not...

all mouth n no trousers eh....suppose i should have already known but hey,worth a shot....

you just carry on spouting your tripe safely behind the keyboard then

thought not...

all mouth n no trousers eh....suppose i should have already known but hey,worth a shot....

Yes I will. Although it won't be with you in mind because your response indicates that you seem unable to understand a rational argument.

thought not...

It's a forum, surely CJ is entitled to express his view on here, regardless of if people agree with it.

As for meeting Corney to go through books....If CJ is anything like me or anyone else I know, the figures will go right over the top of his head. Corney could feed us any kind of bollocks with the figures and none of us would be any the wiser.

It's a forum, surely CJ is entitled to express his view on here, regardless of if people agree with it.

As for meeting Corney to go through books....If CJ is anything like me or anyone else I know, the figures will go right over the top of his head. Corney could feed us any kind of bollocks with the figures and none of us would be any the wiser.

This meet the fans stuff is all so 21st century. As exemplified most acutely by politics, the gesture has become confused with the deed.

Schopenhauer where are you now?

There are plenty on here who understand figures. Why not get together with one or more of them as a group, and take SC up on his offer?

Yes I will. Although it won't be with you in mind because your response indicates that you seem unable to understand a rational argument.

i understand a rational argument alright...but your not having a rational argument,because there is always 2 sides to every story and argument,yet you seem unable to communicate coherently with those that have a differeing view to yours....that isnt a rational argument or debate,that is continually pushing something down somebodys throat when they dont want it...a dictatorist view if you will.

once you understand and freely admit there are 2 sides to everything then maybe people will get off your back and put up or tolerate your views,but that isnt likely to happen.

i know if i had been as vociferous as you have with your monotone argument and comments over the past 6 months,and someone said hey.come and ask me those awkward questions,ill answer them as honestly as i can...i would be beating the door down wanting to find out from the horses mouth...

i would ask those questions i wanted answers for and not move until he gave me an answer i was happy with....but no not you...you will use the cop out of..well he doesnt really mean it,and anyway it wont make any difference as there minds are already made up...so whats the point..nope ill stay here nice and cosey in my home behind my screen ta very much.

some would say that is a cowards stance....but it isnt going to stop you continually posting your view and not listening to others is it.

Im sure many on here could understand a purchase ledger sheet, a profit and loss spread sheet and a few capital expenditure reports

You would be suprised what a few members of Owtb do for a living 9-5 :grin:

i understand a rational argument alright...but your not having a rational argument,because there is always 2 sides to every story and argument,yet you seem unable to communicate coherently with those that have a differeing view to yours....that isnt a rational argument or debate,that is continually pushing something down somebodys throat when they dont want it...a dictatorist view if you will.

once you understand and freely admit there are 2 sides to everything then maybe people will get off your back and put up or tolerate your views,but that isnt likely to happen.

i know if i had been as vociferous as you have with your monotone argument and comments over the past 6 months,and someone said hey.come and ask me those awkward questions,ill answer them as honestly as i can...i would be beating the door down wanting to find out from the horses mouth...

i would ask those questions i wanted answers for and not move until he gave me an answer i was happy with....but no not you...you will use the cop out of..well he doesnt really mean it,and anyway it wont make any difference as there minds are already made up...so whats the point..nope ill stay here nice and cosey in my home behind my screen ta very much.

some would say that is a cowards stance....but it isnt going to stop you continually posting your view and not listening to others is it.

Do yourself a favour and look up what dictatorship means. Here's a clue: it isn't somebody expressing an opinion you don't like on a messageboard.

What makes you think the answers that somebody meeting with a club official would get are any different than those we've already learned without having to leave the comfort of our own living rooms? Or even take off our slippers?

Edited by Corporal_Jones

What's it supposed to achieve other than prove that there is no alternative to what's being done. Which we've already been told.

It's supposed to achieve justification of the doubts expressed by those who don't believe TTA, or acceptance that there is no better option than that proposed by TTA.

Do yourself a favour and look up what dictatorship means. Here's a clue: it isn't somebody expressing an opinion you don't like on a messageboard.

What makes you think the answers that somebody meeting with a club official would get are any different than those we've already learned without having to leave the comfort of our own living rooms? Or even take off our slippers?

because then you can ask him why..in your view..are we building a stadium designed for lower league football

why we will never amount to anything other than a small club with small support with no end in sight....

thats what you constantly keep telling us,so why not ask the man himself those very same questions.......

because then you can ask him why..in your view..are we building a stadium designed for lower league football

why we will never amount to anything other than a small club with small support with no end in sight....

thats what you constantly keep telling us,so why not ask the man himself those very same questions.......

He'll disagree with me. But I already know that he disagrees with me.

confused0085.gif