Hefferman

What do you think about him?

I can't say I'm a fan at all, he's lazy, doesn't go for the ball at all, just waits for someone else to pass it to him! AND he's got one of the worst first touches I've ever seen on him! :ranting:

I can't understand why he's playing when there's someone who actually gives a toss on the bench!

(I know he scored yesterday, but even that was lucky, most strikers would have put that away no problem, he had to rely on a lucky deflection off the defender!)

What do you think about him?

I can't say I'm a fan at all, he's lazy, doesn't go for the ball at all, just waits for someone else to pass it to him! AND he's got one of the worst first touches I've ever seen on him! :ranting:

I can't understand why he's playing when there's someone who actually gives a toss on the bench!

(I know he scored yesterday, but even that was lucky, most strikers would have put that away no problem, he had to rely on a lucky deflection off the defender!)

He's a goalscorer, Beckett was the same - watch him go when Pav is fit! But FFS! give the lad a break, look what he has to play with!

I wouldn't agree that he's a poacher, TBH.

There were so many crosses coming in that he didn't even move for, yesterday!

I dunno, maybe he needs a few games to settle in?

I see a decent League One striker who's scoring a goal every 3 games for one of the least creative sides ever seen.

Not only would I extend his loan, I'd sign him up in a flash if the price/wage bill was right. He's exactly what Abbott needs alongside him.

I thought the goal was well taken, he did well to get around those defenders either side of him - I had an excellent view BTW.

he was fairly anonymous yesterday until the goal but he was in the right place and he was involving others in play.

heffernan is the sort of player that wont go noticed in play but will more often than not, be in the right place at the right time to grab goals from whatever team he's played fpr

Do you mean them crosses that hit a 6ft odd defender before it could get to him?

he was fairly anonymous yesterday until the goal but he was in the right place and he was involving others in play.

heffernan is the sort of player that wont go noticed in play but will more often than not, be in the right place at the right time to grab goals from whatever team he's played fpr

Maybe he is another beckett for us ?

i also think he is a poacher.

he hasn't had very good service so far. to be honest it's a thankless task playing up front for us at the moment.

thought he showed some good touches and nice foot work in the second half.

bit of luck with the goal but deserved it by creating the chance.

i think more will come from him. would like to see smalley on wing with abbott/o'grady partnering heff.

I hope we get him for longer myself. Better than Ogrady who people seem to be liking far more since hes been at Dale than while here. Once Pav is back, i for one will be looking forward to seeing them playing together. This is still a patched up team with players playing out of position. Once he has a decent partner i've no doubt he will score goals for us if he stays.

BLOODY HELL!! A striker scores a goal and people STILL complain about him?!

Maybe the injury (dead leg?) from the last game had something to do with him not even moving/commiting unless confident of winning it as not to aggrivate the injury?

What utter tosh........... :disappointed:........he linked up play when he got the service........he looked a threat when he got the ball to feet and has a deceptive turn of pace. That is his third game for us after warming the bench at Donny.........although he has not been spellbinding, he has done more than enough to justify inclusion in the side......I mean what other alternatives do we have?

........and after yesterday why the hell are we looking for faults........I'm personally over the moon with the result and would like to build on that and move forward..........lets have a period of feeling content before the next loss please

What utter tosh........... :disappointed:........he linked up play when he got the service........he looked a threat when he got the ball to feet and has a deceptive turn of pace. That is his third game for us after warming the bench at Donny.........although he has not been spellbinding, he has done more than enough to justify inclusion in the side......I mean what other alternatives do we have?

........and after yesterday why the hell are we looking for faults........I'm personally over the moon with the result and would like to build on that and move forward..........lets have a period of feeling content before the next loss please

Agree

Think he needs a few more games to get a bit more match sharpness then we will really see how good he is. Would like to keep him until the end of the season with a fit Pav next to him and some decent wingers on the pitch (Taylor/Smalley/Purdie? rather than casper/colbeck

He's never going to be a bit player for you in terms of getting involved in general play, he doesn't need many chances though and whilst he can be seen as lazy, you'll not care when he gets sharp and fit. He'd be playing for us if we didn't have one of the best strikers in the Championship ahead of him at the moment. It'll be interesting to see if his loan is extended or not, I think he's probably 4th choice for the striker's role so it's quite likely.

He's never going to be a bit player for you in terms of getting involved in general play, he doesn't need many chances though and whilst he can be seen as lazy, you'll not care when he gets sharp and fit. He'd be playing for us if we didn't have one of the best strikers in the Championship ahead of him at the moment. It'll be interesting to see if his loan is extended or not, I think he's probably 4th choice for the striker's role so it's quite likely.

Aye, Billy Sharpe is on fire for you boys at the moment; makes his loan to you all the more strange given Sheffield Utd have been struggling for goals of late.

Heff's 1st touch has looked 'rusty' i'd say and that's being kind - his best bit of control was when he let it bounce of his arse out on the right wing!!

Think it will come back though the more games he plays in a run; it's not easy if you're out of match practice to go straight back into playing 1st team football.

I too see the similarities with Luke Beckett - both aren't blessed with pace, don't 'do a Warne' and run around like blue-arse flies and aren't exactly target men - but given a sniff they'll work the 'Keeper. If we can extend the loan; i'd be quitely excited to see Pav and Heff link up; as the runs Heff did make on Saturday were very intelligent and Pav would probably be a able to spot him and, more importantly, find him.