Canary Squares

I've just stumbled upon something Norwich City are doing called Canary Squares, people can buy a square of the Carrow Road pitch to own. Something similar could be done at Boundary Park maybe with a guarantee they get that piece of pitch when we up sticks to Failsworth?

Canary Squares

its a good idea but its been done before and isnt original. what we need marketing-wise is our own ideas and not ideas that others have used

its a good idea but its been done before and isnt original. what we need marketing-wise is our own ideas and not ideas that others have used

Why not? If it makes the club good money sod originality. It's not been done at latics before no?

Oh, I don't know, I'm quite open to nicking other people's good ideas!

Perhaps Latics can work it twice - one for BP and one for the Failsworth Legoland!

Bigfin will tell you that the Scottish FA organised a similar scheme at Wembley in the70s

:lol:

Bloomin 'eck. I dont remember telling you that story!

Yes, my father and friends fancied some wembley turf for their back gardens... including a nice centre spot.

Bloddy Scots.

:wink:

:lol:

Bloomin 'eck. I dont remember telling you that story!

Yes, my father and friends fancied some wembley turf for their back gardens... including a nice centre spot.

Bloddy Scots.

:wink:

Was one of his friends Pat Donaghy, who stole the Wembley penalty spot following Scotland's 2-1 victory over England in 1977? It is now exhibited in the Scottish Museum of Football at Hampden Park.

But the Wembley groundsman got his own back when the ball moved mysteriously in Euro '96 as McAllister ran up to take that penalty. :laught16: