Boxing day/

:lol:

Theres a chance i'm sure! Then again, these more chance it will go ahead...

On the same note.... anyone know next weeks lottery numbers?

if the groundsmen and club have any ideas of how to prepare for games im pretty sure that the frost covers should be on....and they would be continually monitering the weather situationm

Bloody hell. He must be having a tough puberty if a 13-year old can grow a beard like that!

It was never a beard, I just didn't shave for, erm, a while. Anyway, I killed it yesterday, the poor thing. Children were starting to scream when I passed them in the street worried that the multi-coloured monster was going to leap off and attack them.

It was never a beard, I just didn't shave for, erm, a while. Anyway, I killed it yesterday, the poor thing. Children were starting to scream when I passed them in the street worried that the multi-coloured monster was going to leap off and attack them.

When you said you had made alternative plans for yesterday, I did think that you may be planning to attack the bush.

friday is a high of 3, low of -1 and sunshine in the day

saturday is a high of 7 and rain, so with a bit of work with the covers and possibly heaters the pitch should thaw and the game SHOULD probably be on

yeah but this is latics,pitch still covered in snow,no doubt frost covers are rolled up at the back of the chaddy end and as for heaters behave....

yeah but this is latics,pitch still covered in snow,no doubt frost covers are rolled up at the back of the chaddy end and as for heaters behave....

Wow, all of a sudden we have our ground "experts" criticising.

The covers can only be on for a certain length of time without killing the grass. Therefore when the snow started to come down last Friday, it was too early to put them on. The snow actually acts as an insulation for the pitch and so helps to protect it from the frost. Depending on how thick the snow is, it may actually give better protection than the covers and since we have had 6" of snow, that is probably the case.

In any event, the covers only protect to about -2/3 degrees so would not provide sufficient protection againsts tonights -5 degrees.

Hope that helps educate

The covers can only be on for a certain length of time without killing the grass. Therefore when the snow started to come down last Friday, it was too early to put them on. The snow actually acts as an insulation for the pitch and so helps to protect it from the frost. Depending on how thick the snow is, it may actually give better protection than the covers and since we have had 6" of snow, that is probably the case.

In any event, the covers only protect to about -2/3 degrees so would not provide sufficient protection againsts tonights -5 degrees.

Hope that helps educate

Cheers,

Harry

Hope that helps educate

So in a nutshell, saturdays game has less chance of going ahead than Latics having a fully fit squad to choose from.