Heffernan not coming back

injury crisis at Donny! Plan B Cautious Dave? Or are you just going to sit and watch us sink into the bottom 4? Because Smalley and A N Other won't score a goal between them and it'll take Pav at least a month to get back up to speed.

The return of Oldham Nil...

Oh SMS by the way!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

injury crisis at Donny! Plan B Cautious Dave? Or are you just going to sit and watch us sink into the bottom 4? Because Smalley and A N Other won't score a goal between them and it'll take Pav at least a month to get back up to speed.

The return of Oldham Nil...

Oh SMS by the way!

Wonderful...

Waits for the next half fit loan signing....

people talk as if Heff was the next coming of christ...he only scored 1 goal in 4 games.

COG upfront holding the ball up for smalley/taylor to attack IMO

His movement though and his link up play was second only to Pav, now we're back to square one with Smalley, Parker, perhaps Taylor and Brooke etc... so prepare for another run of Latics failing to score. Besides Pav coming back we still need another goalscorer. Whether cautious Dave will get us one, i'm not so sure. As for O'Grady - he'll never wear a Latics shirt again, he's out of contract in the summer anyway so can begin to look for another club and he's 24 before he leaves so whatever we get offered in January we'll take.

I wanted to see Heff and Pav linking up, not going to happen now, imo that would have saved us from a potential relegation battle, that means that those left need to pull their fingers out and start finding the back of the net.....rather quickly!

Not going to happen, because the way we are set up to play. We never gain any momentum, instead prefer to keeping it tight which means when we inevitably go a goal down, the lack of a foothold in the game means that it is invariably game over - even with Pav in the team. Who realistically will fire us out of the :censored: from the players we have available for Saturday? One point clear of relegation and couldn't score in the bleedin' Candlelight!

Not going to happen, because the way we are set up to play. We never gain any momentum, instead prefer to keeping it tight which means when we inevitably go a goal down, the lack of a foothold in the game means that it is invariably game over - even with Pav in the team. Who realistically will fire us out of the :censored: from the players we have available for Saturday? One point clear of relegation and couldn't score in the bleedin' Candlelight!

I'm not a big lover of the tactics that DP employs either, tbh it p***** me right off. Who is going to stick that ball where it belongs.....that is a tough one, with the negative tactics we are seeing no one, we need a complete reversal of the tactics we are seeing at the moment, Greegs and Co coming up as far as the oppos penalty area would be a good start instead of hovering on the half way line, you don't see many goals scored from 45+ yards, maybe one every few seasons. :disappointed:

I'm not a big lover of the tactics that DP employs either, tbh it p***** me right off. Who is going to stick that ball where it belongs.....that is a tough one, with the negative tactics we are seeing no one, we need a complete reversal of the tactics we are seeing at the moment, Greegs and Co coming up as far as the oppos penalty area would be a good start instead of hovering on the half way line, you don't see many goals scored from 45+ yards, maybe one every few seasons. :disappointed:

Nothing up front and the return of Dean Brill. Happy New Year Latics fans.

doesnt mention anything about a Donny injury crisis, just that we want to re-sign him!

shame,i would of liked to see him link up with pav...like has been said his movement and positioning were second to none.

i sincerely hope dp doesnt sit on his hands this time,although i reckon he will..

we all want to see a return to scoring goals and a push up the table....some even want to see us challenge for the playoffs and i think there are still one or 2 deluded souls thinking aouto is still on...

doesnt really matter what we want or think though,if the board and penny have discussed it and the concensus is a midtable finish,we wont bring anybody else in.

If we want a midtable finish, we need to bring somebody in.

Spot on.

Its great news that Pav and Taylor are gonna be back soon, as they are by far the best 2 goal threats we have but how long till there fully match fit? If its a month then were gonna be in feb and thats when the league table starts taking shape, it could be even longer and thats not including setbacks or anything.

I've not given up hope of seeing Heffernan back probably towards the end of the month is when we might have a chance but until then were gonna be stuck with what we have got and that is not going to be good enough in my opinion, especially with the negative tactics we have seen over the last few games.

Spot on.

Its great news that Pav and Taylor are gonna be back soon, as they are by far the best 2 goal threats we have but how long till there fully match fit? If its a month then were gonna be in feb and thats when the league table starts taking shape, it could be even longer and thats not including setbacks or anything.

I've not given up hope of seeing Heffernan back probably towards the end of the month is when we might have a chance but until then were gonna be stuck with what we have got and that is not going to be good enough in my opinion, especially with the negative tactics we have seen over the last few games.

Heff is obviously surplus to requirements at Donny and out of contract in the summer, make them an offer I say - O'Grady's going so there may be money to spend. Donny are playing hardball imo, because they know we're up :censored: creek without a paddle. Bit like what we're doing with Dale and the lump...

Heff is obviously surplus to requirements at Donny and out of contract in the summer, make them an offer I say - O'Grady's going so there may be money to spend. Donny are playing hardball imo, because they know we're up :censored: creek without a paddle. Bit like what we're doing with Dale and the lump...

ever thought he doesn't wanna come?