WE WANT PENNEY OUT SAY WE WANT PENNEY OUT

Going into games positively would be a start. I dont want him out, but at the moment the football being served up is on a par with that under Talbot.

Why don't you want him out? Correct me if i'm wrong but he's already drained most if not all of what, little passion you had left this season

Why don't you want him out? Correct me if i'm wrong but he's already drained most if not all of what, little passion you had left this season

I dont know I have a funny (crazy!!) feeling he might turn it around. Plus I struggle to think of anyone worth replacing him with.

We need to improve rapidly though.

I dont know I have a funny (crazy!!) feeling he might turn it around. Plus I struggle to think of anyone worth replacing him with.

We need to improve rapidly though.

Jim Gannon.......... he recognises good young players and wouldnt break the bank to sign the likes of Colbeck (that is laughable itself). Hate to say it but BP aint far off the mark on this........ I reckon people have had enough of Penney's negative style!

Jim Gannon.......... he recognises good young players and wouldnt break the bank to sign the likes of Colbeck (that is laughable itself). Hate to say it but BP aint far off the mark on this........ I reckon people have had enough of Penney's negative style!

Jim Gannon wouldn't last five minutes at BP, and he's a cock to boot.

Might as well go for Martin Allen if thats the type of person we want.

Jim Gannon wouldn't last five minutes at BP, and he's a cock to boot.

Might as well go for Martin Allen if thats the type of person we want.

I couldn't give a toss if our manager had his way with fans' wives whilst ripping off old biddies of their pensions if he did the job. So, no problem with Gannon*.

*Penney is still my preferred option at this point as I don't believe with sacking managers within a couple of years.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Definitely.

The guy is clueless, naive and gets excited if we manage to achieve a DRAW.

As for the stupid suggestion of Martin Allen, I'd personally SHOOT him if ever that vvanker was appointed. He's a racist, obnoxious, self opinionated prat who actually despises Oldham Athletic and its fans' if you recall from his time as manager of Brentford...and the racist allegation reared its head again when he was in charge at Cheltenham!

Definitely.

The guy is clueless, naive and gets excited if we manage to achieve a DRAW.

As for the stupid suggestion of Martin Allen, I'd personally SHOOT him if ever that vvanker was appointed. He's a racist, obnoxious, self opinionated prat who actually despises Oldham Athletic and its fans' if you recall from his time as manager of Brentford...and the racist allegation reared its head again when he was in charge at Cheltenham!

Totally agree pal. Martin Allen plays longball aswell!

As we are forever told by certain members of this board, the problems run deeper than the manager and our 'fans' haven't got the patience that Gannon would require to build a team.

Totally different way of playing than Allen though????? One is direct, the other likes to play it on the ground. If its patience we need to accept a manager I'm running out of it with Penney!

So you are happy with spending money we havn't got on Joe Colbeck? And the lack of strike power sought when Abbott was injured?

Spending money we haven't got, how do you come to that conclusion? Colbeck is far from the terrible player people make him out to be, but once a whipping boy.............. And as we saw last season with the 5 striker we brought on loan without a second thought bringing some in for that sake of it rarely works.

What do you mean money we havent got? Shortly before we signed colbeck we received 300k for eardley

I think we all know what he means. There is very little money to spend in the club and he peceives Colbeck as a poor signing.

It doesn't matter anyway, as we swapped him for Joe Cole apparently. Well the tannoy bloke said so anyway...

Spending money we haven't got, how do you come to that conclusion? Colbeck is far from the terrible player people make him out to be, but once a whipping boy.............. And as we saw last season with the 5 striker we brought on loan without a second thought bringing some in for that sake of it rarely works.

How I come to that conclusion is we dont have much money and therefore cant shell out on someone who is struggling for form or ability......FACT.

Your opinion of Colbeck doesn't seem to wash with many. I'm not looking for a whipping boy but I HONESTLY have to say I havn't seen many worse at Latics in over 30 years of watching them. The worst of a bad bunch of signings (apart from Pav) and to my knowledge the only one we actually paid for!