Mike Newton's Blog

It's good to hear a bit from Mike regarding the club, giving a better insight into what is happening at the moment. Good to hear some positivity on the current situation, sure some will see it as spin but it shows me a bit more that the owners are still willing to help the club out. I'm sure we'd all like to see more out of the situation currently. Things must surely get better from here. Here's hoping!

It's good to hear a bit from Mike regarding the club, giving a better insight into what is happening at the moment. Good to hear some positivity on the current situation, sure some will see it as spin but it shows me a bit more that the owners are still willing to help the club out. I'm sure we'd all like to see more out of the situation currently. Things must surely get better from here. Here's hoping!

Nothing there that we don't already know!

Yes, quality.

Also gotta look on the downside you aint ya?

Right im guessing you didn't go to Brighton, about 100 of us did, so the owners try and big up an away win as quality as not many people would have seen it bar the result, and not know any different.

Looking on the downside? Ask other people who went Brighton .... we was outplayed, got a lucky goal, and went on to win, Brighton were very unlucky and our football was as dire as anything that day.

I agree though i enjoyed the MK Dons game, that was quality, but thats about it this season.

Edited by Blue_Pizza

Right im guessing you didn't go to Brighton, about 100 of us did, so the owners try and big up an away win as quality as not many people would have seen it bar the result, and not know any different.

Looking on the downside? Ask other people who went Brighton .... we was outplayed, got a lucky goal, and went on to win, Brighton were very unlucky and our football was as dire as anything that day.

I agree though i enjoyed the MK Dons game, that was quality, but thats about it this season.

I went. I dont think Brighton were unlucky! We won and deserved it, i dont recall sitting there feeling that anything other than 3 points were coming once we scored. As for quality of football, I agree with you!

I went. I dont think Brighton were unlucky! We won and deserved it, i dont recall sitting there feeling that anything other than 3 points were coming once we scored. As for quality of football, I agree with you!

We hardly had a chance that day, they seemed to have more of the ball, and had plenty of goalmouth action compared to us. Not as if they had battered us, but if they'd won that game 2-0, we wouldn't have come away feeling like we deserved something, but yeah my original point, that was not quality football it was dire.

ah i remember the brighton game well now. This is the one you told everyone craig davies was sat in the away end enjoying banter and smiling when we went 2-0 up... When he errrm wasnt :blush:

We hardly had a chance that day, they seemed to have more of the ball, and had plenty of goalmouth action compared to us. Not as if they had battered us, but if they'd won that game 2-0, we wouldn't have come away feeling like we deserved something, but yeah my original point, that was not quality football it was dire.

i dont think either team saw much goal mouth action like you say. you are right though the football was hardly quality.. We went with a plan and got a goal and then saw the game out quite well

How do you know i wasnt one of the hundred that went?

Also, others have a different view about a quality performance

Also yes looking on the downside, we got 3 points, so shut up moaning?

We could be the best team in the world and u wud stil find summat about the club to moan about

How do you know i wasnt one of the hundred that went?

Also, others have a different view about a quality performance

Also yes looking on the downside, we got 3 points, so shut up moaning?

We could be the best team in the world and u wud stil find summat about the club to moan about

As i said i was presuming as we have around 6,000 fans, and about 100 went, chances are you didn't, add into that, you'd understand the performance if you went, don't get me wrong this isn't a dig, its just you cant understand what i mean about the performance was so dire despite the scoreline.

I wasn't moaning about the result, i was moaning about the blog, and how it said Brighton was a quality performance (well one of two this season) and it was nowhere near quality.

If we was the best team in the world, course i'd moan, thats why i don't support Manchester United.

On a serious note, i don't moan that much, i'm normally one of the most optimistic people you could meet, and people on here that knew me would vouch that, however at the moment, Dave Penney is testing my patience, certain members of this board that used to go every week have stopped, and i'm contemplating it, its not enjoyable at the moment, if we went out and lost 2-1 with a bit of passion and attacking threat i wouldn't mind, i've been home and away for 5 years now not missing many, and this is the worst/least inspiring i've ever seen the team play.

When we play well, i admit it, when something good happens i admit it, as i said before the MK Dons performance was enjoyable, but i can't think of any performance apart from that, that has got close to it, Orient is probably the next best, and that was just above average, not touching quality.

Then again going back over the last couple of seasons i can think of many more quality performances.