Saturday's team

Athletic (probable): Brill; Goodwin, Hazell, Gregan, Jacobson; Colbeck, Stephens, :censored:, Taylor; Abbott, Parker.

Subs: Ollerenshaw, Black, Furman, Whitaker, Smalley, Lee, Brooke

For once I agree with the choice of our intrepid reporter.

Parker :shock:

Athletic (probable): Brill; Goodwin, Hazell, Gregan, Jacobson; Colbeck, Stephens, :censored:, Taylor; Abbott, Parker.

Subs: Ollerenshaw, Black, Furman, Whitaker, Smalley, Lee, Brooke

For once I agree with the choice of our intrepid reporter.

I'd have Furman in midfield instead of Colbeck and play Stephens right midfield, Taylor left and :censored: and Furman central.

I'm not keen on Parker starting either, but looking at those subs we have very few decent options.

I'd have Furman in midfield instead of Colbeck and play Stephens right midfield, Taylor left and :censored: and Furman central.

I'm not keen on Parker starting either, but looking at those subs we have very few decent options.

maybe it would be worth a try to have furman and colbeck ont he wings and put taylor up front with pav. furman looks to me as if he is trapped in midfield but if we put :censored: and stephens in the centre and give furman a bit of freedom on either the left or right, i think it would be worth a try...

I hope he does put Colbeck in in place of Smalley, don't get me wrong I am not a Smalley hater, but that performance against Tranmere this week has to go down as one of the poorest I have seen from a Latics player for a long time. Truly dreadful. Pull your socks up Smalley, you are much better than that.

I hope he does put Colbeck in in place of Smalley, don't get me wrong I am not a Smalley hater, but that performance against Tranmere this week has to go down as one of the poorest I have seen from a Latics player for a long time. Truly dreadful. Pull your socks up Smalley, you are much better than that.

Smalley strikes me more as a confidence player, which i think is his current problem. In all fairness its hard to pick out one players bad performance in that game, as nearly the entire team playing sh!te