Game On!

Ironically, the name of the JW Lees novelty beer that my mate informs me was on at the Waltham Cross Moon (near the top end of the M25) this evening. Maybe the club could have bought a cask and poured it over the frozen areas? :unsure:

Well, if it's Lees' that's all it'd be fit for...

We must meet, "over a pint," to discuss this :wedgie:

Bloody hell Andy. Next you'l be suggesting that throwing hot water on the pitch will help it thaw when anyone who has done physics and/or chemistryknows full well that hot water freezes quicker than cold water.

I know, I know, why let the truth get het in the way of a good conspiracy theory

Bloody hell Andy. Next you'l be suggesting that throwing hot water on the pitch will help it thaw when anyone who has done physics and/or chemistryknows full well that hot water freezes quicker than cold water.

I know, I know, why let the truth get het in the way of a good conspiracy theory

I will lobby for the development of a JW Lees, "Gritty Plant Repair Winter Ale," in time for next year.

It doesn't when the temperature is above freezing.

Not going to disagree with you there FMS.

HOWEVER,

I live in Royton and at midday yesterday, my next door but 1 neighbour was washing his car. At 1pm, the hot water that he had used and that had run off onto the road was frozen. So, in view of the fact that the "ground" temperature was at such a low, throwing hot/cold water onto the pitch would have made it nothing other than an ice skating rink.

Hang on, in that case we could have played ice hockey instead. Maybe we would have scored in that game :grin:

What would bring this whole sorry episode to a close for me, would be reading a club statement that they'd recognised the in efficiencies in the frost covers, and had ordered some new thermal covers, and looked into a plan of action should they be caught off guard again.

Or will we just see a statement telling us how much the postponement has cost TTA again?

Edit: Don't know how I managed to post this in two threads. Apologies.

Edited by outoftheblue