Polls on new stadium

The new stadium:  

237 members have voted

1. 1. The new plans for the stadium

• Like the look
    • Don't like the look
    • I'd like some refinement
  2. 2. Overall, what do you think of the plans of the deveolpment as a whole.. so far

• Happy with the plans overall
    • Unhappy with the plans
    • Unsure, want to see more detail
  3. 3. Having seen the plans

• Always supported the move, and still support the move
    • Always supported the move, but now don't support the move now
    • Have you always opposed the move, and still oppose the move
    • Have you always opposed the move, but are more supportive/support the move now
    • Not previosuly commited about the move, and still need more detail to decide
  4. 4. Do you trust the TTA to deliver the plans?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure/Maybe

After seeing the plans, i am fully behind the move.

However, when it (if) is being built then i would rather see two corners filled in at start connecting all the latics fans together.

Also if we fill in all 4 corners, then the capacity wont be 16,000 due to the home fans and away fans having to be separated by banners over seats or something like that

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but it give's the club a fighting chance at survival.

If it has a positive effect on attendance and finances, then maybe we can cobble a decent team together in the not too distant future.

It's called 'Synergy' and I think it's our only available option.

Hmmm, that's wrong. Synergy is two forces acting together to form a result more significant than their individual characteristics would warrant, whereas this is hoping that our being in a nicer stadium brings in people, that gives us more money and a resulting better team.

Also, besides being a pedant, this misses the point of the opposition. People are opposed to Failsworth because they think that it will alienate core fans, put excessive distance between the club and our main support base (Royton, Shaw, Lees - the other side of Oldham basically), and thus lower attendances and mean that a poorer team is put out that is promptly relegated. If that were the case then if this is our only option then we are in deep trouble...

I havn't read all of the posts but from my knowledge the area is pretty highly populated and if a first season was say £100 season tickets I bet that a lot of Manure and City supporters may fancy a second team.

Part of the problem at BP is that a large slice of the local area is now populated by low income residents who have no affinity with the town at all.

Does anyone have access to population surveys that identify numbers say within 2 miles?

I havn't read all of the posts but from my knowledge the area is pretty highly populated and if a first season was say £100 season tickets I bet that a lot of Manure and City supporters may fancy a second team.

Part of the problem at BP is that a large slice of the local area is now populated by low income residents who have no affinity with the town at all.

Does anyone have access to population surveys that identify numbers say within 2 miles?

Manchester city council have got population by council ward, I had a quick look, between newton heath/miles platting; moston; harpurhey there's about 48,000 people.

Maybe match day prices should be set at season ticket levels for the first season (ST holders can have a reserved seat and pay monthly by direct debit?) to get people in - £13.50 a game; £2 for kids - pretty cheap compared to Prem.

Manchester city council have got population by council ward, I had a quick look, between newton heath/miles platting; moston; harpurhey there's about 48,000 people.

Maybe match day prices should be set at season ticket levels for the first season (ST holders can have a reserved seat and pay monthly by direct debit?) to get people in - £13.50 a game; £2 for kids - pretty cheap compared to Prem.

I do hope there is amajor plan for marketing the new stadium, it would be great to have it full from the off. But that will require a huge investment (or loss!) from the TTA, whihc is a heavy burden to ask of them given the sums thy have spent already.

100% PPB, The good news, according to this poll, is that the vast majority of agree with you. I have thought this site was a focus for the intensly pessimistic, so even I am a little taken aback about how positive.

It's funny how people read figures....really, from the poll the only ones that are important are as follows...

Having seen the plans...?

Always supported the move, and still support the move [ 113 ] [51.13%]

Always supported the move, but now don't support the move now [ 3 ] [1.36%]

Have you always opposed the move, and still oppose the move [ 31 ] [14.03%]

Have you always opposed the move, but are more supportive/support the move now [ 29 ] [13.12%]

Not previosuly commited about the move, and still need more detail to decide [ 45 ] [20.36%]

Now looking at that lot...51.13% were always in favour of the move from the start and still are. So the plans didn't need to change their minds. I'd say before last Thurs we we're fairly split.

Now...13% are more supportive which changes the 50/50 to more a 33/66 split now. It wasn't that much of a leap to imagine the plans we saw. So the 13% have swallowed some pretty pictures which were arguably quite mis-leading with the corners filled in. Talking to the Key developer guy, he said the capacity would be more 10-12000...so where 16,000 comes from is a mystery. I'm sure that the corners being filled in won't offer 4000 more seats...maybe more like 2000! So it seems we'll be building for a 10,000 and expanding to 12,000 should we need it. Last Thurs was informative to a point but it just depends how easily pleased you are, as to how much it will change your mind from initial worries and concerns over moving (we are allowed to have them, despite what the happy clappers think!) I'd say 13% are easily pleased :grin:

PS....Here, in a nutshell, is a very, very valid point lost on a big majority who see Failsworth as the answer...

Hmmm, that's wrong. Synergy is two forces acting together to form a result more significant than their individual characteristics would warrant, whereas this is hoping that our being in a nicer stadium brings in people, that gives us more money and a resulting better team.

Also, besides being a pedant, this misses the point of the opposition. People are opposed to Failsworth because they think that it will alienate core fans, put excessive distance between the club and our main support base (Royton, Shaw, Lees - the other side of Oldham basically), and thus lower attendances and mean that a poorer team is put out that is promptly relegated. If that were the case then if this is our only option then we are in deep trouble...

Edited by boundaryblue80

It’s funny how 13 mins extra in the car (as per google map directions) can be seen as alienation. Personally I would say “slightly miffed” would be a better description. If main reason why they go to Latics is because it happens to be within walking distance, then I’m sure there will be a few other who will replace them for the same reason.

It's funny how people read figures....really, from the poll the only ones that are important are as follows...

Having seen the plans...?

Always supported the move, and still support the move [ 113 ] [51.13%]

Always supported the move, but now don't support the move now [ 3 ] [1.36%]

Have you always opposed the move, and still oppose the move [ 31 ] [14.03%]

Have you always opposed the move, but are more supportive/support the move now [ 29 ] [13.12%]

Not previosuly commited about the move, and still need more detail to decide [ 45 ] [20.36%]

Now looking at that lot...51.13% were always in favour of the move from the start and still are. So the plans didn't need to change their minds. I'd say before last Thurs we we're fairly split.

Now...13% are more supportive which changes the 50/50 to more a 33/66 split now. It wasn't that much of a leap to imagine the plans we saw. So the 13% have swallowed some pretty pictures which were arguably quite mis-leading with the corners filled in. Talking to the Key developer guy, he said the capacity would be more 10-12000...so where 16,000 comes from is a mystery. I'm sure that the corners being filled in won't offer 4000 more seats...maybe more like 2000! So it seems we'll be building for a 10,000 and expanding to 12,000 should we need it. Last Thurs was informative to a point but it just depends how easily pleased you are, as to how much it will change your mind from initial worries and concerns over moving (we are allowed to have them, despite what the happy clappers think!) I'd say 13% are easily pleased :grin:

PS....Here, in a nutshell, is a very, very valid point lost on a big majority who see Failsworth as the answer...

I know it is funny how people see things, but the way I see it is 13% are against it and alwys have been.

20% want more info, but clearly have not been adversely affected to form a negative opinion.

So, we get feedback from my "customers" at work, and omit the average. That will be not decided in this case.

On this basis

Satisfaction = 64%

Dissatsifaction = 14%.

I just thought it would be more disatissfied

Work still to be done clearly.

Edited by singe

For me personally, i have always lived within walking distance of BP, have done all my life, ( although this isn't the reason for my reservations )

The club has always been at the hub of the community and i just feel it is being taken away from its roots.

Call me sentimental or whatever if you like, but this is just how i feel personally. I know there's no chance now, but i just feel the club should stay 'local'

The distance we're moving isn't that far really but it might as well be a hundred miles in my eyes.

I like the plans, or at least the artist's impressions currently on show. I just wish that main stand was being built on the Broadway side of Boundary Park.

Concur with that sentiment, how much does that cost plus a new roof on Chaddy?

In time, phase 2, we could get a new Furtherwood Road Stand.

Talking to the Key developer guy, he said the capacity would be more 10-12000...so where 16,000 comes from is a mystery. I'm sure that the corners being filled in won't offer 4000 more seats...maybe more like 2000! So it seems we'll be building for a 10,000 and expanding to 12,000 should we need it.

I was told by the board favourite director, Barry, that each corner would hold 1500, on the plans there would be 2 corners.

Was it suggested that all 4 corners would be filled?

There are too many ish numbers for my liking, I heard the four separate stands would definitely hold 12,000, but the Key Developer is saying 10-12,000 will people please make up there minds.