Penney to step up loan search

Sure, stepping up the loan search... sure, he's going to "put things right"... It's getting a bit late in the season - and a bit desperate - to be talking about putting things right now. It's been on the slide for too long.

I just hope we get lucky and stay up - and can put this pretty rotten season behind us.

i can see it happening, Oldham v Charlton Last Day

Oldham Win - Stay Up

Charlton Win - Go Up

Ends Oldham 0-5 Charlton

<_<

Yet due to tranmere entering administration and therefore eing deducted 10 points, the latics manage to amazingly stay up :blink:

We will be safe with a win on the 24th April at home to Sarfend, the sameday as the tramps get relegated with a defeat at Colchester, have confidence Lee :wink:

i will have confidence on the 9th of may when the table reads we have just escaped relegation thanks to someone else misfortune. :grin:

i will have confidence on the 9th of may when the table reads we have just escaped relegation thanks to someone else misfortune. :grin:

Agree 100%. I'm not convinced with the Tranmere win or the positive display first half last night prior to the two goals leaked before halftime.

We have the ability and the players but not the application and this rests firmly at the feet of Penney and his backroom team.

Forget talk about the budget, Penney needs to take a long look in the mirror. He chose the majority of these players and worked previously with a large number too so surely must know how to motivate them. That what concerns me. Previous managers inherited a large part of the squad and had to make do. Sheridan had the luxury to rebuild and apart from imploding after Greyhoundgate, things were looking positive. Penney's now had that same luxury but seems to have messed most of it up.

Still not convinced with Penney as the right man and not convinced we'll be safe come May. If we do stay up then the owners need to seriously look at which direction Penney is to take the squad next season. Forget Failsworth and focus on the field. Penney needs to hit the ground running in August if he's still here.

Before May comes, we need a striker/poacher to compliment Price and Abbott. We also need another defender as I'm uneasy relying too much on Greegs and Hazell. I'm unsure on midfield though - do we need creativity or a little more steel? If Whalley comes good on the flank then Colbeck, Taylor and Purdie can provide sufficient supply from wide but the middle needs a rethink.

something seriously wrong with the heffernan transfer . him going to bristol rather than us.

that worries me more than anything else.

Depends ste.

Has Heffernan looked at the talbe and thought that Rovers have a cracka t play offs ( :blink: )

Or has he signed for bigger moeny than we are prepared to pay. Would you pay significant money for him? I don't think he did enough to justify pushing the boat out.

Penney certainly nailed his colours to his mast saying he wnated to sign him.