One of Sheridan's Barmy Army here guys (in peace).

We seem to be club's in transition together what with new grounds, Shez andTommy doing ok at the moment what with our horrendous injury list. Have we got a good manager, a bit spikey at times (never looks happy) but seems to want to play footie the purist way. Dave.

It seemed to be keeping it going over a whole season that let him down with us. Fantastic for spells but then dismal for months. He will turn out to be a successful manager I think, and always a legend for us for his playingdays.

Dissappointed he left Oldham. Generally did a good job with us and always got us (or at least trying to) play good football.

Not perfect, but seemed to be a good young inexperienced manager and I think he'll become a decent manager.

Faults?

For us, he seemed to have some favourites that played no matter how bad they were. I think that wasn't helped by the fact some of them were 'mates' when he was a player. Less of an issue for your lot I'd guess.

Rumours / speculation about him 'liking a drink' too much. Linked to the infamous 'dogs night' where players ended up having a row and a bit of a scuffle. Think it was this 'off the field' issue(s) that ultimately led to his departure. Hope that he has learned from this..

Best of luck. Had Danny Boshell started for you yet?

Dissappointed he left Oldham. Generally did a good job with us and always got us (or at least trying to) play good football.

Not perfect, but seemed to be a good young inexperienced manager and I think he'll become a decent manager.

Faults?

For us, he seemed to have some favourites that played no matter how bad they were. I think that wasn't helped by the fact some of them were 'mates' when he was a player. Less of an issue for your lot I'd guess.

Rumours / speculation about him 'liking a drink' too much. Linked to the infamous 'dogs night' where players ended up having a row and a bit of a scuffle. Think it was this 'off the field' issue(s) that ultimately led to his departure. Hope that he has learned from this..

Best of luck. Had Danny Boshell started for you yet?

10 minute sub appearance, looked well off the pace, not surprising though not having been in first team at grimsby for a while.

Shez seems to be keeping away from the squad, no nights out for our boys yet. Obviously was the choice of the chairman from the outset ( The Sheff Wed connection) and I think he'll be given the funds for a real push in the new stadium (Click b2net stadium if you want a look). 13 million for our ground 10,500 capacity, land donated by Tesco to save them getting involved in the build.

Seems to want to give the youngsters a go but that may be down to the budget at the moment.

It seemed to be keeping it going over a whole season that let him down with us. Fantastic for spells but then dismal for months. He will turn out to be a successful manager I think, and always a legend for us for his playingdays.

Funny that, we started like a house on fire goals galore though at either end. The youngster from City was a big plus(Donal McDermott) but all those early loanees have gone back and we are now waiting for move to the b2net and making do with lower league loanees.

10 minute sub appearance, looked well off the pace, not surprising though not having been in first team at grimsby for a while.

Shez seems to be keeping away from the squad, no nights out for our boys yet. Obviously was the choice of the chairman from the outset ( The Sheff Wed connection) and I think he'll be given the funds for a real push in the new stadium (Click b2net stadium if you want a look). 13 million for our ground 10,500 capacity, land donated by Tesco to save them getting involved in the build.

Seems to want to give the youngsters a go but that may be down to the budget at the moment.

Don't come here pretending to be, "in peace," and then slag off DA BOSH!!!! :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Funny that, we started like a house on fire goals galore though at either end. The youngster from City was a big plus(Donal McDermott) but all those early loanees have gone back and we are now waiting for move to the b2net and making do with lower league loanees.

Captain ALLOTT is our star man ? what does that tell you about us at the moment, how's Dez Hazell these days.

Captain ALLOTT is our star man ? what does that tell you about us at the moment, how's Dez Hazell these days.

Hazell was utterly flawless for a long while when he came to us, must have been the form of his life. Had a few wobbly spells since but overall has been a positive player for us. Seems like a good lad too.

As a coach and player, sheridan will always be a legend in my opinion, but as a manager he just didnt quite cut it for me and never learned from his mistakes.

Pro's

- Likes to play football how it should be played. The transition was certainly a nice period. We went from Ronnisaurus long ball tactics to trying to keep it on the floor with Shez. He got us to the playoffs with what was largely Ronniesaurus' squad.

Cons

- Quite often we had no plan B.

- Always seemed to struggle against the ugly, more physical route 1 teams.

- For large parts of 2007/2008, we also had an injury crisis to the extent that we could only name 4 subs, and we very rarely came from behind to win.

- Rumoured to like his ale.

- Was criticised openly by the Managing Director and Chief Executive for poor match preparation.

- Too much power to his 'mates' and the older heads such as Crossley, Liddell, Gregan, Allott. It seemed to be a case of if your face fit, you played, if it didn't you got froze out.

- Discipline!!!!(or lack of). This was the biggy, I'm sure on the night of the dogs, they were at a doo of some sort in the day. Sheridan obviously did not place any limitations on the amount the players could drink. And he also give the players too many days off before a key fixture (I'm sure it was the colchester game).

As a coach and player, sheridan will always be a legend in my opinion, but as a manager he just didnt quite cut it for me and never learned from his mistakes.

Pro's

- Likes to play football how it should be played. The transition was certainly a nice period. We went from Ronnisaurus long ball tactics to trying to keep it on the floor with Shez. He got us to the playoffs with what was largely Ronniesaurus' squad.

Cons

- For large parts of 2007/2008, we also had an injury crisis to the extent that we could only name 4 subs, and we very rarely came from behind to win.

- Was criticised openly by the Managing Director and Chief Executive for poor match preparation.

- Too much power to his 'mates' and the older heads such as Crossley, Liddell, Gregan, Allott. It seemed to be a case of if your face fit, you played, if it didn't you got froze out.

- Discipline!!!!(or lack of). This was the biggy, I'm sure on the night of the dogs, they were at a doo of some sort in the day. Sheridan obviously did not place any limitations on the amount the players could drink. And he also give the players too many days off before a key fixture (I'm sure it was the colchester game).

sheridan will learn from his mistakes at oldham...wonder weather the players call him shez or not???

that would be a start

anyway my fav player as i seen him slot in a pen at OT many many years ago

fergie time of about 6/7mins

Pro's

Cons

Further Pros....

Always either in or challenging the top 6, regardless of a relatively poor budget and whatever 'cons' are cobbled together by some.

It's a results/entertainment business.

Agree that it was a major 'con' of Sheridan's that we had up to 20 injuries at one point during 2007/2008. :unsure: He mustn't have stopped stroking that rabbits foot to somehow guide us to 8th place despite such a limitation of his.

Interesting comments from the Spireite. Apparently Shez hasn't got a Chelseaesque budget - maybe something for the likes of rudemedic and BB80 to take on board when droning on about what a :censored: gaffer he is. Finally, I wonder how many casual fans fail to appreciate any tactical alterations and blurt out the cliche "no plan B" whilst watching their team lose, having often having picked up the cliche on a messageboard? :mmm:

Further Pros....

Always either in or challenging the top 6, regardless of a relatively poor budget and whatever 'cons' are cobbled together by some.

It's a results/entertainment business.

Agree that it was a major 'con' of Sheridan's that we had up to 20 injuries at one point during 2007/2008. :unsure: He mustn't have stopped stroking that rabbits foot to somehow guide us to 8th place despite such a limitation of his.

Interesting comments from the Spireite. Apparently Shez hasn't got a Chelseaesque budget - maybe something for the likes of rudemedic and BB80 to take on board when droning on about what a :censored: gaffer he is. Finally, I wonder how many casual fans fail to appreciate any tactical alterations and blurt out the cliche "no plan B" whilst watching their team lose, having often having picked up the cliche on a messageboard? :mmm:

Here you go, Stitchy boy, you dropped this:

843130_spat-dummy_big.jpg

:wink:

Here you go, Stitchy boy, you dropped this:

843130_spat-dummy_big.jpg

:wink:

That looks like last Monday mornings. :wink:

My regular and vehement defence of Sheridan is beginning to feel like when I was doing the same for Greegs, in that it's born out of so much bollocks being spouted by others as much as anything else.

I'm tired of reading cliched criticsims and total imbalance in weighing up the relevance of his undoubted pros and cons as a manager. Particularly when we're 'enjoying' what we have here today.