Winter Olympics

For anyone watching the winter Olympics for anything other than Hockey. I've got to say how pleased I was to see Amy Williams slid downhill on a high-tech tea tray (i.e. a skeleton) 4 times faster than anyone else. Plus it was pleasing to see the Canadian female favourite not get a medal- first time I ever cheered for a German- as the Canucks took home field advantage way way too far and bent the rules to the point of breaking to stop some of the contenders for sliding medals- i.e. 2 female Brits- by not letting them have the practice time of others but naturally the Canadians got to use it as much as they wanted. Some may say this contributed to the sad death of the Georgian luger 8 days ago.

For anyone interested in the attractiveness of female athletes the Russian curling skipper is well worth a look

2367026889_fb7424588d.jpg

Going to watch some of the ski-cross tomorrow as if its anything like the snowboard cross it looks awesome.

For anyone watching the winter Olympics for anything other than Hockey. I've got to say how pleased I was to see Amy Williams slid downhill on a high-tech tea tray (i.e. a skeleton) 4 times faster than anyone else. Plus it was pleasing to see the Canadian female favourite not get a medal- first time I ever cheered for a German- as the Canucks took home field advantage way way too far and bent the rules to the point of breaking to stop some of the contenders for sliding medals- i.e. 2 female Brits- by not letting them have the practice time of others but naturally the Canadians got to use it as much as they wanted. Some may say this contributed to the sad death of the Georgian luger 8 days ago.

For anyone interested in the attractiveness of female athletes the Russian curling skipper is well worth a look

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3080/236702..._fb7424588d.jpg

Going to watch some of the ski-cross tomorrow as if its anything like the snowboard cross it looks awesome.

i watch everything in the olympics except the hockey,must also add i was disgusted at the canadian and american skeleton athletes complaing amy was wearing wrong gear,sour grapes if they really had a complaint the time to do it was before the race

i watch everything in the olympics except the hockey,must also add i was disgusted at the canadian and american skeleton athletes complaing amy was wearing wrong gear,sour grapes if they really had a complaint the time to do it was before the race

Yeah that may have something to do with the fact the bloke who came 6th (Bromley)- who is "partnered" with Shelley Rudman has a PhD in essentially skeleton aero-dynamics and the Canucks and the Yanks don't have the geeks who are interested. I'm generally a big fan of the Canucks but this Olympics has put me right off them and I find myself cheering for anyone who is going to beat them in anything which has some technology involved (mainly the sliding events).

Yeah that may have something to do with the fact the bloke who came 6th (Bromley)- who is "partnered" with Shelley Rudman has a PhD in essentially skeleton aero-dynamics and the Canucks and the Yanks don't have the geeks who are interested. I'm generally a big fan of the Canucks but this Olympics has put me right off them and I find myself cheering for anyone who is going to beat them in anything which has some technology involved (mainly the sliding events).

yea me too

Another amazing OldhamSheridan claim to fame here. My mum and his mum attend the same dressmaking (nattering) class.

They also decided that they only want (mostly) Canadian fans at the events... We bought tickets for 2 events: one off the "Fan-to-Fan" official tout web site when there were tickets available by phone but NOT on the web. (I only found out cos I had to call about a problem I had buying the rip-off tickets). 2nd event we bought off a tout recommended by our hotel.

In addition, the lack of information available in Vancouver was shocking. It's a joke, things pished me off so much so we found ourselves cheering for the Yanks on Sunday in a bar/restaurant full of Canucks. When that 5th goal went in it was sweet and the place emptied! :lol:

Ice Hockey ?! I prefer to watch a sport where I can actually see the thing they're trying to put in the back of the net....

You make a good point! We'd been to see a few games in Seattle years ago and I don't remember having a problem then. But watching the game at the arena last week and yesterday on TV when Canada won the gold I had serious problems tracking the puck. I wonder if it's an "age" thing?

You make a good point! We'd been to see a few games in Seattle years ago and I don't remember having a problem then. But watching the game at the arena last week and yesterday on TV when Canada won the gold I had serious problems tracking the puck. I wonder if it's an "age" thing?

Perhaps years of mastu........err...I'll shut up.