what are we doing wrong?

now i have only seen exeter once this season but there's quite an interesting article on their os

http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDet...1982063,00.html

makes me wonder why when they are (imo) as bad as us can they attract the fans? Is it the opposition support? is it the manager? is it the fact they play decent football? is it the prices?

well prices vary from £15-£20 for adults and from £5-£14 for under 18s.

Maybe latics should adopt the u18 thing for the age limit for consessions even if they have to be bought in advance with proof of age.

could be te away support because the big clubs of the division and the local teams all attract bigger crowds for them.

Could be because this season is a novelty to them and they are rubbing shoulders with some big boys.

Narrowly avoiding relegation would be a good season for them. For us it is seen as very poor.

Plus they try and play a bit of football.

When you consider what Exeter have been through in the past decade, it's understandable they have decent crowds. Back-to-back promotions after a couple of play-off campaigns in the conference so they're a team on the rise. Before that they were marooned a bit and recovering from financial problems after they went down in the early 00's. The games against Man United about 5 years ago got them well out of the brown stuff.

In the current dark days of administration, clubs being sold to ten bob millionaire arabs, afghans and americans and football now traditionally played in cowd, 3-sided no atmospheric grounds, it's good to read a story of a real 'traditionally' smaller club seein success through the turnstiles - after Saturday, I hope it continues.

Edited by futchers briefs

Exeter is a bigger place than oldham, dont have many other clubs around so can attract more, too many glory supporters around here,

and i think we could do with a lot more welcoming atmosphere in BP, talking about the norwich game once again, there seemed to be a general agreement with everyone (apart from me and my dad) to boo the team at the slightest mistake and to stay quiet if we do a good move, when i clapped i was looked at with disgust, if i was going for the first time that would be enough to put me right off,

theres a bit of an unnervy edgy feeling over BP at the moment which affects the crowds, the players and the atmosphere in general in my opinion

Edit: about the agreement, im talking about my experience in the rochdale road end, couldnt hear the other stands

Edited by thelaticsfan