Jason Price

So his loan was up on Monday, no official announcement of what's going on with him so anyone else know wtf is happening with the big lump?*

*I know the chron reported it was sorted, the official site alluded to it but nothing has been officially confirmed.

Sceptical about Nardiello, as every other striker we've signed on loan for God knows how many years has been :censored:e, average or done ok but then been binned after a month. I hope it works out for us as we need to start hitting the back of that onion bag. He's proven in this league so let's hope he hits the ground running at St. James Park. welcome to BP Daniel....

ps Today's post was brought to you by new MacBook Pro - awesome! :grin:

So his loan was up on Monday, no official announcement of what's going on with him so anyone else know wtf is happening with the big lump?*

*I know the chron reported it was sorted, the official site alluded to it but nothing has been officially confirmed.

Sceptical about Nardiello, as every other striker we've signed on loan for God knows how many years has been :censored:e, average or done ok but then been binned after a month. I hope it works out for us as we need to start hitting the back of that onion bag. He's proven in this league so let's hope he hits the ground running at St. James Park. welcome to BP Daniel....

It's a strange one. Whilst I am convinced that he is here until after Saturday's game at Exeter, but he did sign on the 1st February on a months "emergency" loan.

It's probably a quirk of the "Emergency" loan system and the closing of the January transfer window.

It's a strange one. Whilst I am convinced that he is here until after Saturday's game at Exeter, but he did sign on the 1st February on a months "emergency" loan.

It's probably a quirk of the "Emergency" loan system and the closing of the January transfer window.

last i heard he was happy here and willing to stay penny was happy and his parent club where happy...so not sure what the hold up is or if he has left.

Cheers,

Harry

So - 1 in 6 so far for JJ - but he has had a positive effect on the team - Nardiello can surely put a couple away this month?

Do we keep Price? I think so.

btw - Heffernan at Brizzle - 1 in 5 so far - it ain't easy is it? :wink:

Edited by TheBigDog

I'd kind of assumed Nardiello would replace Price. But it'd be good for our forward options if we can keep both.

If push comes to shove, I have a feeling (based on his record) that Nardiello is more likely to score those handful of crucial goals this month that might keep us up.

So - 1 in 6 so far for JJ - but he has had a positive effect on the team - Nardiello can surely put a couple away this month?

Do we keep Price? I think so.

btw - Heffernan at Brizzle - 1 in 5 so far - it ain't easy is it? :wink:

If a front 3 of Pav, Price and Nardiello pop a few in tomorrow, I reckon we'll keep him.

BTW, Heffernan 1 in 5 is also 0 in 4.

I hope we keep him. I think he has looked a decent signing. Given the choice between him and Parker, I would have Parker cleaning his boots on commitment alone.

Well, it's decision time on price, do we keep him or look for an alternative?

Is he too similar to pav and we need a more 'on the shoulder' type of striker or do we persevere and hope the goals come?

Jury's out for me, Price was poor yesterday but so was Pav. What I do know is that we need like for like cover for Pav in case his gammy leg flares up again. Pav himself has been poor recently perhaps he's getting fed up of being left so isolated by the nosebleed brigade masquerading as our midfield. "Please Mr. Penney, may i pass the halfway line.....?"

Jury's out for me, Price was poor yesterday but so was Pav. What I do know is that we need like for like cover for Pav in case his gammy leg flares up again. Pav himself has been poor recently perhaps he's getting fed up of being left so isolated by the nosebleed brigade masquerading as our midfield. "Please Mr. Penney, may i pass the halfway line.....?"

if he plays him upfront instead of on the wing he is fine,can hold the ball up lay it off...yes him and pav are very similar,if his wages arent a lot i would keep him for rest of season,but you cant play all three in price abbott and nardiello at once.

price has looked leggy last two times i have seen him play so maybe use him more from the bench and see if pav n nardy can develop something.

at the end of the day we havent got a supply line,nothing from the wings and were crying out for a killkenny or wellens type of player in the middle..just nothing going upfront unless its hoofed

if he plays him upfront instead of on the wing he is fine,can hold the ball up lay it off...yes him and pav are very similar,if his wages arent a lot i would keep him for rest of season,but you cant play all three in price abbott and nardiello at once.

price has looked leggy last two times i have seen him play so maybe use him more from the bench and see if pav n nardy can develop something.

at the end of the day we havent got a supply line,nothing from the wings and were crying out for a killkenny or wellens type of player in the middle..just nothing going upfront unless its hoofed

I think this is one of our biggest problems, the supply to the forwards is dire, couple this with a midfield who are loathe to get in and around the box and it's easy to see why goals are such a rarity.