The two penalties yesterday

Both are clear penalties imho.

The first Taylor has his hands up high as he jumps and the ball is clearly diverted.

The second - Abbott shoots and Hinshelwood leaves his hand low by his side but again stops the ball on it's way to goal.

Justice and fair play to the ref! :wink:

They were both clear penalties, the thing our players were complaining about was the overhead kick that was close to taking gregans (i think it was him) head off just before Taylor's handball. how he got away with that I'll never know.

I must disagree, Taylor's hands were raised. Hinshelwood's were by his side.

+1 but we didnt get the blatant push on Pav in the first half so maybe a bit of justice, although if we get that one its 2-1 to us and who knows how the game ends up then.

Regardless of peoples opinions on whether they were penalties or not, I think its fair to say that you couldn't give one and not the other. They were either both pens, or both not pens.

Yep, definitely agree with that. After giving their penalty he had no option but to give ours and he obviously knew that.

Spot on Lee. Theres was a penalty our wasn't!

As for the push on Pav, that should've been a penalty but they should've had a second shortly after their first when gregan floored someone in the box

As for the push on Pav, that should've been a penalty but they should've had a second shortly after their first when gregan floored someone in the box

If you watch our pen you'll see that Hinshelwood is trying to be clever, half turning away but definitely leaves his hand in the way - definite pen. :huh:

but the one in the 1st half was when deano went to cross one in straight after there goal

I argued with a ref once who told me that the rule is now that if the ball is diverted from its trajectory by a hand, regardless of intent or ability to get out of the way, then it was a foul and if in the box a penalty.

So that would be two penalties, assuming that the lad in question wasn't lying to me...

I argued with a ref once who told me that the rule is now that if the ball is diverted from its trajectory by a hand, regardless of intent or ability to get out of the way, then it was a foul and if in the box a penalty.

So that would be two penalties, assuming that the lad in question wasn't lying to me...

Totally agree. If the ball is heading at the net and it hits your hand then you have no complaints IMO. Both penalties. Put it this way, you would be annoyed if either want given for you.

The fact that Taylor has his hands above his head, and the wycombe plyer is by his side is irrelevant. Both of them are essentially not looking at the ball and it is their own stupid fault.

Having just watched the highlights again I have to agree. Theirs was a definate penalty as Taylor's hands were up above his head. There is no way in a million years ours should have been a penalty but i'll take it.....

The rulebook states:

Handling the ball

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with his hand or arm. The referee must take the following into consideration:

• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)

• the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)

• the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an infringement

In both I reckon there was deliberate movement of hand to ball - two pens - sorted :wink: