Stadium Development

Not so (in my opinion). Land Law is pretty complex at the best of times and I would consider it unfair to say that they have "failed" to make a decision when the evidence is not clear cut, especially when your relying on historical documents and you cannot just ask the people who were at the meeting to set up the Memorial Park Trust as they are not around anymore.

In regards to the transfer, I don't know the ins and outs but I expect that they would be more able to make a decision though I would imagine it would take some time.

Hopefully before 2014 Jim :wink:.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even compulsory purchase order have rules attached... It has to be a compelling case in the public interest and you can challenge it with a independent inspector.

So no, councils can't do what they want. Its just inaccurate to think that. Not that it won't stop people thinking that...

Like the flats being knocked down on St Mary's to make way for new houses over a decade ago...

St Mary's to make way for new houses over a decade ago...

Now that would be a good site for a new ground.... be like St James Park. Football in the community, pubs close by, places to eat, regular public transport and no parking. Land Swap maybe....??

Like the flats being knocked down on St Mary's to make way for new houses over a decade ago...

There was / still is a compelling case to improve the housing in Oldham...

Fact is though, the council are fecking useless...

Edited by oafc0000

(BP1960 @ Mar 22 2010, 17:55 PM)

Hopefully before 2014 Jim .

Did anyone else hear Spocks voice in their head when they read this?

Failsworth. It's Oldham Jim, but not as we know it.

all I can say is;

Resistance is futile. :disappointed: