Thoughts please

Hello all,

Just wanted to find your opinons of a relative of mine, Tom Eaves. Haven't had the chance to see him this season. I hear he's just broken into the first squad & wonder how he's coped with coming off the bench?

A fine prospect, going to be too good for Latics to keep for long IMO.

Hello all,

Just wanted to find your opinons of a relative of mine, Tom Eaves. Haven't had the chance to see him this season. I hear he's just broken into the first squad & wonder how he's coped with coming off the bench?

Hi Tom. I was impressed by that thunderous tackle you made on the left wing a week yesterday, it showed real commitment. I'm keen to know if you are one of those big men who actually prefers the ball on the ground despite your size or if you are happy being used as a target man?

Hi Tom. I was impressed by that thunderous tackle you made on the left wing a week yesterday, it showed real commitment. I'm keen to know if you are one of those big men who actually prefers the ball on the ground despite your size or if you are happy being used as a target man?

:grin::lol: I wish i was 18 again mate, my footie finished in the 90's mate. But it's good to know he's settled in.

A fine prospect, going to be too good for Latics to keep for long IMO.

But like others before, it's a matter of him keeping his head screwed on and putting the miles in behind the scenes. We've seen with Alice what happens when you don't (although the makeup is a little different and I still hold out hope).

Each time I've seen Eaves he leaves me with the above quoted impression, but the terminal reserve watchers will probably know more on this.

If Penney is still here, he just may well be.

Ideally he should be blooded while safe in mid table but it's a credit to him he hasn't shirked the task in any of his short appearances.

He has genuine talent and determination and if he keeps that up he will certainly go higher.

Hello all,

Looks ok, much better than Abbott for me at the moment.

Then again, Hall, Alessandra, Sugden, Dudley etc etc all looked good when they broke into the team.

I imagine young Thomas will be at Stalybridge Celtic in three years.

Then again, Hall, Alessandra, Sugden, Dudley etc etc all looked good when they broke into the team.

With his ability he should finish up at Glasgow Celtic not Stalybridge Celtic. :)

Hello all,

If he continues to work hard he'll become a good player. Determination is more important than anything else at this point in his game. Stay off the booze, work hard, always do your best.

He could be an ok player, if he doesn't stick to the above; but he will always be a better player, better paid, better loved, play at a better level and get better women if he does. :wink:

and, more importantly, he'll feel better himself. 3-4 years of determination now will make a huge difference to his next 20 years of life.

If he continues to work hard he'll become a good player. Determination is more important than anything else at this point in his game. Stay off the booze, work hard, always do your best.

He could be an ok player, if he doesn't stick to the above; but he will always be a better player, better paid, better loved, play at a better level and get better women if he does. :wink:

and, more importantly, he'll feel better himself. 3-4 years of determination now will make a huge difference to his next 20 years of life.

Well said real, talent with determination to succeed is a powerful combination.

Edited by BP1960

Nah, I dont see that happening at all.

Seen him a fair few times in the youth and reserves and I’ve always come away thinking he’s going to be a ‘player’.

If you watch the Youths and Reserves; every game there are 2 or 3 who show up well and you think to yourself; “they could make it; they look a real talent.” Then; when you see those same players over a period of time / games; they tend to merge and you struggle to pick them out; they blend in and you don’t necessarily notice them as standing out anymore. Once in a while; a player comes along where pretty much every game he shows well; and you can see the potential and talent. I see that with Tom Eaves.

He needs nurturing and he is a good way off from ‘making it’; but in TP he has an ideal manager who can bring him along.

In my humble opinion; he can become a ‘big man with ability’ - a nuisance for defenders who weighs in with up to 10 goals a season. For me; likening him to some current players; I’d say he has a touch of Danny Graham about him, and although his name is muck around here; Chris Porter too.

In last years Brooke / Eaves partnership; It was always Eaves who impressed me more – that’s not slating Brooke at all; just that for me; Eaves is the bigger prospect.

While we’re at it; Philip McGrath is another one to watch out for; I see him being involved in the first team sooner rather than latter; as I have him IMO as a better prospect than Kirk Millar.

McGrath & Eaves are two very good players. im looking forward to seeing McGrath in first team soon.

Unfortunately McGrath is injured, however young Bembo-Leta is playing well, but then again he is an attacking midfielder who can score goals - so there's little chance of him appearing in the first team. :wink:

http://www.oldhamathletic-mad.co.uk/news/t...752/index.shtml

Fail to prepare - Prepare to fail