Was Good To See.

It was good to see John Worthington back and fighting in the middle of the park, it was good to see some tackles being put in. Saturday showed how much we missed that hard tackler in the centre.

He certainly is a tough tackler and would be an even better player if he could pass the ball forward aswell.

Bear in mind they're different types of players, though - while Whitaker hasn't impressed me this season, he was never going to be a defensive player and it's harsh to claim he doesn't put himself about when that's not what he's supposed to do (but by the same token, I'd happily criticise him for not doing enough to create chances or drive attacks, which he should be doing).

Bear in mind they're different types of players, though - while Whitaker hasn't impressed me this season, he was never going to be a defensive player and it's harsh to claim he doesn't put himself about when that's not what he's supposed to do (but by the same token, I'd happily criticise him for not doing enough to create chances or drive attacks, which he should be doing).

I know Whittaker is not a Worthington type tough tackling midfielder, but its embarrassing to see him withdraw from challenges were he is comfortably favourite to win the ball.

That said he would probably be forgiven his tackling deficiencies if as you say he was driving forward creating chances and scoring goals, alas he is doing neither and I'd be surprised if he wasn't released in the summer.

Anyone remember Whittaker being better than Wellens. I dont think people who believed that should be allowed to comment on football EVER again. Its no coincidence his previous clubs were Port Vale and Macclesfield, and he wasnt exactly star man for them

He gave the ball away for their goal. Then he made sure he finished it off.

He can't pass the ball and he gets booked every week. Other than that though he is an excellent player and I can't see why Huddersfield let him go.

But apart ffrom gregan he is the only one on the team with a set of balls who isint afraid to get stuck in.

our team has to many sh*tbags who are affraid of a physical challenge.

But apart ffrom gregan he is the only one on the team with a set of balls who isint afraid to get stuck in.

our team has to many sh*tbags who are affraid of a physical challenge.

There is still little use in signing a footballer who cannot use the football.

He is not what we need to turn this around. He is another poor signing, in a midfield where he isn't needed. Furman gets stuck in and can pass the ball better than him. That is worrying.

He is not what we need to turn this around. He is another poor signing, in a midfield where he isn't needed. Furman gets stuck in and can pass the ball better than him. That is worrying.

what is wrong with furman ? worthington shows alot more passion than half the team. just like colbeck gets slated he aint the best footballer but has alot more passion than more than half the team

Worthy = JP Kallala?

All the effort in the world; lacking ability to add to it.

I do like the effort though :wink: