franny ward sacked?

Broady - on each post, you've just said "good suggestions, all noted etc.", for someone who knows their onions music wise, what's the chances of you actually upgrading the music list at the ground rather than just 'noting' it. not a pop, just want to know if people at the club actually listen to what the fans want. by the fact that you've actually responded to some posts which came across as being critcial of you just shows that obviously you are happy to listen - just wonder if the 'powers that be' are aswell! Cheers....and if I can suggest some bands, the Inspirals and Twisted Wheel have gotta be up there.

Dish - Cheers, as far as I know the music selection doesn't have to be approved by anyone, the 2 bands you have suggested will both be featured at Tuesdays game and were already in my thoughts as local bands with a Latics connection. For instance, I know at least 1 of The Courteeners is an Oldham fan, as they have just toured with The Whip, again, an Oldham band...

The problem with music is that it is massively subjective, we appear to have similar tastes and want to hear the same sort of things, however out of the 3,500 who regularly go this only makes up a certain percentage, some will like pop, some dance etc... However I think the main themes should be to get locals bands on there and to keep it upbeat... Thus The Inspirals and Twisted Wheel are great examples of bands to play....

I am sure the powers that be will tell me in no uncertain terms if they don't like the choices on Tuesday!!

All of todays suggestions I have written down and genuinely taken on board with the hope of getting a better matchday experience for everyone..

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance of "long time ago when we was fab" by George Harrison ? This song sums up being a Latics supporter :grin:

Taken from the 1987 album Cloud 9 (from memory) which had that classic Huddersfield song on it.

"Got My Mind Set On Ewe".

Dish - Cheers, as far as I know the music selection doesn't have to be approved by anyone, the 2 bands you have suggested will both be featured at Tuesdays game and were already in my thoughts as local bands with a Latics connection. For instance, I know at least 1 of The Courteeners is an Oldham fan, as they have just toured with The Whip, again, an Oldham band...

The problem with music is that it is massively subjective, we appear to have similar tastes and want to hear the same sort of things, however out of the 3,500 who regularly go this only makes up a certain percentage, some will like pop, some dance etc... However I think the main themes should be to get locals bands on there and to keep it upbeat... Thus The Inspirals and Twisted Wheel are great examples of bands to play....

I am sure the powers that be will tell me in no uncertain terms if they don't like the choices on Tuesday!!

All of todays suggestions I have written down and genuinely taken on board with the hope of getting a better matchday experience for everyone..

Broady, balls to pre-match and half time! That's my favourite bit. How about brightening up the 90 mins with a few Simpsonsesque type shout outs?

E4e

HOMER

i heard that the club asked franny ward to a meeting about the state of the club lotto ,but did not turn up or respond to email's sent to him so i think the club did the right think in sacking franny as the lotto admin .

Bob, for a start the club did not employ Franny to do the lotto. That is nothing to do with the club. So they have no grounds to sack him for anything to do with the lotto.

They sacked him because Alan Hardy had a meeting with the Hudds lotto people last week. They have been trying to move it over for a while now.

There is a lot more going on that people don't realise.

Yet more bully boy tactics.

Bob, for a start the club did not employ Franny to do the lotto. That is nothing to do with the club. So they have no grounds to sack him for anything to do with the lotto.

They sacked him because Alan Hardy had a meeting with the Hudds lotto people last week. They have been trying to move it over for a while now.

There is a lot more going on that people don't realise.

Yet more bully boy tactics.

Fancy sharing ?

Edited by oafc0000

Fancy sharing ?

Unfortunatley not

This situation will be / has gone legal now so Thread closed.

If people wish to speak about this please use PM facility....

Thought this situation would have been settled professionally but I forgot Latics were involved......

:locker: