All thats wrong in football

True. I don't blame Niemi (take what you can get at the end of your career), and I'm sure Portsmouth didn't intend for him to be that much of a waste. But — what on earth possesses a club to pay that kind of wage to their reserve keeper?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/31032010/58/...utes-bench.html

Unbelievable waste and little wonder why football is in such a mess.

terible isnt it. also dean ashton at west ham signed a 5 year contract which means he now gets 3 years pay for doing nothing.

no wonder the new bosses at west ham are annoyed.

i know his injury wasnt his fault but why sign someone on a 5 year contract.

the other thing i dont like is all this grabbing at shirts and players when the ball comes into the box from a corner/freekick.

terible isnt it. also dean ashton at west ham signed a 5 year contract which means he now gets 3 years pay for doing nothing.

no wonder the new bosses at west ham are annoyed.

i know his injury wasnt his fault but why sign someone on a 5 year contract.

the other thing i dont like is all this grabbing at shirts and players when the ball comes into the box from a corner/freekick.

I don't think you can blame them for wanting to tie down one of their biggest assets for a number of years. It makes sense really. The chances of a career ending injury are very slim and it instills loyalty into a player, something you rearely see in the game thse days. It also (normally). They just got really unlucky. I would doubt that they are paying him his wages though, surely insurance would come through on this sort of case?

With regards to the shirt pulling, it's hardly a new phenomena. I see as part of the game really, the physical side of the game is on the way out really so maybe we won't be able to touch each other at all soon. (Haha, he said touch each other!)

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/31032010/58/...utes-bench.html

Unbelievable waste and little wonder why football is in such a mess.

To be honest, Niemi is a keeper and so is less likely to get used than an outfield player unless there is an injury to the other two. I expect most Premier League teams are doing the same thing.