well done david penny

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:grin::shock: true though

Last three games we've been like a different team,I think signing Guy would be a good move.

Edit: Penney in :omg:

credit where its due,the players are responding and putting in some half decent displays...again at times we passed the ball really well...i just wish we didnt have this self destruct button we always manage to press at least once a game....

and yes,lewis guy very energetic again,which is something we have missed upfront.

Still not a Penney fan but credit where its due, he got it right today

One swallow doesn't make a summer. However, after what I saw on tuesday, and reports of today.... well Mr Penney might be making a late surge to save his job.

MK dons could be an interesting game. By all accounts a very average team, who might just about be losing hope of getting anything this season. Carlisle have sod all to play for now. The type of games that you need at this stage of the season if you have to play anyone away. 3 points + from those two games and Penney's world could be a lot rosier.

credit where its due,the players are responding and putting in some half decent displays...again at times we passed the ball really well...i just wish we didnt have this self destruct button we always manage to press at least once a game....

and yes,lewis guy very energetic again,which is something we have missed upfront.

well done latics on todays win, it could be the 3 points that keeps us up,

with all the others around us either losing or drawing. we have now a 5 point gap.

and how often does smalley come up with the important goal. :grin:

well done latics on todays win, it could be the 3 points that keeps us up,

with all the others around us either losing or drawing. we have now a 5 point gap.

and how often does smalley come up with the important goal. :grin:

i really really hope that the tide is about to turn on davids fortunes,He has had a wretched first season not helped by some moronic ramblings by certain sectors of the crowd,However he has stuck to the task introduced a little raw youth now i hope and prey that fortune falls on to his side ...if ever a honest guy needed a break then this is the man...keep yer chin up fella a few of us are rooting for you... :grin: :grin:

Still want him sacked.

The last two home performances have produced vital wins we need at this stage of the season and by all accounts, we were the better side at Huddersfield and very unlucky to lose.....however, I am not under any illusion this is down to Penney, more the players fearing a relegation on their CV and trying to avoid this where possible.

Probably best to wait until the end of the season then get rid.

DP needs to be given time, the last 3 performances have been good/satisfactory. We beat one of the better teams in the league today and showed fighting spirit.

The fall in attendances since the beginning of the season (which were already down from last season by about 500 at least) may dictate otherwise

The fall in attendances since the beginning of the season (which were already down from last season by about 500 at least) may dictate otherwise

haha some oldham fans make me laugh. a couple of weeks ago it was penney out!! we went 1 nil up today and everybody was happy

we conceded and it went back to penney out

then we score and now its oh penney is a amazin keep him!!!

whereas me i look at the season. how disappointing it has been and the fact that if we stay up it will be an achievement

598 to huddersfield away summed up how shockin this season has been

some people say well it was 24 quid

thats rubbish!!!

if we were up there then we would have paid it.

or if shez was here but we were strugglin we still would have had over 2000

penney is clueless.

To little to late.

He for me has gone down the Ronnie road of distancing himself from the fans.

You cant cup your ears to fans who have travelled to Exeter and say you dont give a monkeys what fans think ! :angry:

Gray seems a good coach and is a lot better with the fans

Collett ????? Shocking

What has Collett done wrong exaclty?

Still want him sacked.

The last two home performances have produced vital wins we need at this stage of the season and by all accounts, we were the better side at Huddersfield and very unlucky to lose.....however, I am not under any illusion this is down to Penney, more the players fearing a relegation on their CV and trying to avoid this where possible.

Probably best to wait until the end of the season then get rid.

lol...

so when we play s**t it's down to Penney, when we play well it's f**k all to do with him, :grin:

Moron.

i really really hope that the tide is about to turn on davids fortunes,He has had a wretched first season not helped by some moronic ramblings by certain sectors of the crowd,However he has stuck to the task introduced a little raw youth now i hope and prey that fortune falls on to his side ...if ever a honest guy needed a break then this is the man...keep yer chin up fella a few of us are rooting for you... :grin: :grin:

Let's hope that the last three games have shown us the real Dave Penney - because what we saw up till then was not very nice was it? :huh:

You make is sound like he is some sort of maligned hero. What rubbish. He has got himself into this situation by 40-odd games characterised by negative tactics, poor signings and inept team performances, bereft of any drive or ambition.

As for this 'introducing raw youth' - well, I have to say IMO he stumbled upon Stephens by utter chance, when it so happened that all his array of identikit defensive midfielders were injured and he was the only option, Kirk Millar suddenly appeared and has dissapeared just as fast, and Tom Eaves is just a young, and currently rather pointless, version of Chris Porter. Not exactly revolutionised our team with kids has he?

I can take people being positive about this moderate up-turn, but to portray Penney as some sort of martyr with a tide of positive thoughts behind him, well is both delusional and wrong. If you dont have a clue what you are sodding doing and change things every game, well then once or twice in 46 you are going to get it right.

He's not going to be here next season. Its suicide for this club to keep him no matter what happens over the next six games. Too little, too late.

You make is sound like he is some sort of maligned hero. What rubbish. He has got himself into this situation by 40-odd games characterised by negative tactics, poor signings and inept team performances, bereft of any drive or ambition.

As for this 'introducing raw youth' - well, I have to say IMO he stumbled upon Stephens by utter chance, when it so happened that all his array of identikit defensive midfielders were injured and he was the only option, Kirk Millar suddenly appeared and has dissapeared just as fast, and Tom Eaves is just a young, and currently rather pointless, version of Chris Porter. Not exactly revolutionised our team with kids has he?

I can take people being positive about this moderate up-turn, but to portray Penney as some sort of martyr with a tide of positive thoughts behind him, well is both delusional and wrong. If you dont have a clue what you are sodding doing and change things every game, well then once or twice in 46 you are going to get it right.

He's not going to be here next season. Its suicide for this club to keep him no matter what happens over the next six games. Too little, too late.

stephens was already here,and plugging away in the reserves,signed by shez and never given a chance...maybe it was a last throw of the dice so to speak,but at least he was willing to try it,and look how it has turned out....running greegs a very close second to player of the season...so credit must be given to giving him a go.

also think your a tad harsh on millar and eaves....both look good young players...millar especially but maybe penney thought with bristol being a big side he wasnt upto that game..hardly think he has dissapeared...and if eaves is ever given his chance to start i think he would do a good job as well...

no wonder our young players dont want to step up with people ready to slag em off soon as they do....

stephens was already here,and plugging away in the reserves,signed by shez and never given a chance...maybe it was a last throw of the dice so to speak,but at least he was willing to try it,and look how it has turned out....running greegs a very close second to player of the season...so credit must be given to giving him a go.

Not really though. He's had a good season, fair enough, but nobody is even close to competeing with Gregan for the player of teh season award, he's on a different planet to the rest of em (one that doesn't run out of pies).