huddersfield fans ott

watched last nights game versus millwall and saw nothing from them to suggest they might start

ripping up trees and getting promotion.

millwall were off colour from their recent form in marching up the division.

and indeed the only goal came from a mistake from forde the millwall keeper.

even the fantastic jordan rhodes was subbed as he was ineffective up front.

yet the huddersfield fans sang and sang as though they were winning in the cup final with only

minutes to go.

a little too much optimism for me and i think they will still be in league one next season. :wink:

watched last nights game versus millwall and saw nothing from them to suggest they might start

yet the huddersfield fans sang and sang as though they were winning in the cup final with only

minutes to go.

a little too much optimism for me and i think they will still be in league one next season. :wink:

might be taking this out of context but whats wrong with the fans getting behind the team and singing. i dont think thats ott think thats good support myself. even remember a distant time when we used to do it. and i think we are the last team and probably last set of fans who should be criticising optimism.

might be taking this out of context but whats wrong with the fans getting behind the team and singing. i dont think thats ott think thats good support myself. even remember a distant time when we used to do it. and i think we are the last team and probably last set of fans who should be criticising optimism.

i hope its a fish b/c the yorkshires werent cheering on the team b/c they thought they were epically good it was sheerly to help them get thru what was a difficult test. latics fans and getting behind the lads is so foreign nowadays that i shouldnt be suprised reading ludicrous posts liek these

Seen Hudd 4 times this season. Thought they were average to poor on each occasion. They did, however, have enough about them to win 3 of those 4 games.

millwall were off colour from their recent form in marching up the division. and indeed the only goal came from a mistake from forde the millwall keeper.

Didn't think too much of Millwall at BP either.

yet the huddersfield fans sang and sang as though they were winning in the cup final with only minutes to go. a little too much optimism for me and i think they will still be in league one next season. :wink:

Good on the fans. If only some at BP were a bit more geared towards that sort of attitude (it is, admittedly, easier when you're winning).

Based on the little I've seen of teams like Huddersfield, Swindon, Millwall, Colchester etc, it doesn't take a huge amount of improvement to turn Latics in to a side that could threaten the play-offs next season. Whether DP / TTA are committed to delivering that improvement is a different matter.

Good on the fans. If only some at BP were a bit more geared towards that sort of attitude (it is, admittedly, easier when you're winning).

Based on the little I've seen of teams like Huddersfield, Swindon, Millwall, Colchester etc, it doesn't take a huge amount of improvement to turn Latics in to a side that could threaten the play-offs next season. Whether DP / TTA are committed to delivering that improvement is a different matter.

Exactly - firstly the fans, Ive probably been the the gayfarm more that most on here ( :blush: ) and to be honest, most of the time its a morgue in respect for the amount of fans they have. The Oldham games generally bring out some of the best atmospheres. Good on them last night, and the OP thoughts are very off for me, they were beating the team third in the league, and pretty much cementing their place in the PO's, cant really blame them for singing can you?

The second part of O4U's post is spot on. Colchester have been woeful every time I have seen them, and 'Udders are inconsistent at best. Millwall are generally nothing more than workmanlike. What is the difference? Quite simply strikers. Each team has more than one player who can consistently put the ball in the back of the net, even if it is two or three on 10+ like Town and Millwall (and in the case of Swindon and 'Udders two very good wingers). The rest of the team is very comparable to the rest of the division. I dont even think its a case of they create more chances, they just have players who score more than they miss, or create something out of nowt.

A bit of luck and a couple of goalscorers. Then a workmanlike team. All you need to get out of this division. But whne was the last time we genuinely had two strikers you thought would score goals? Beckett and Killen for me, however they obviously barely ever played.

I am genuinely bemused how colchester are up there though. They are awful.

Exactly - firstly the fans, Ive probably been the the gayfarm more that most on here ( :blush: ) and to be honest, most of the time its a morgue in respect for the amount of fans they have. The Oldham games generally bring out some of the best atmospheres. Good on them last night, and the OP thoughts are very off for me, they were beating the team third in the league, and pretty much cementing their place in the PO's, cant really blame them for singing can you?

The second part of O4U's post is spot on. Colchester have been woeful every time I have seen them, and 'Udders are inconsistent at best. Millwall are generally nothing more than workmanlike. What is the difference? Quite simply strikers. Each team has more than one player who can consistently put the ball in the back of the net, even if it is two or three on 10+ like Town and Millwall (and in the case of Swindon and 'Udders two very good wingers). The rest of the team is very comparable to the rest of the division. I dont even think its a case of they create more chances, they just have players who score more than they miss, or create something out of nowt.

A bit of luck and a couple of goalscorers. Then a workmanlike team. All you need to get out of this division. But whne was the last time we genuinely had two strikers you thought would score goals? Beckett and Killen for me, however they obviously barely ever played.

I am genuinely bemused how colchester are up there though. They are awful.

I ‘asked’ Boothroyd exactly the same thing when he was prowling his technical area at BP this season……

My ‘How the **** are you 2 nil up? [Expletive’s removed!!] was replied to with a “because we’re 3rd” from AB.

How the **** are you 3rd then’ was replied to with a ‘because I’m manager’ from AB. Cocky so-and-so…..

I just loved it when we pulled it back after Tierney was sent-out – he was surprisingly quiet after we got to 2 2 and were pushing for the winner.

He gave me a lovely w****r sign as he left at FT too – I always enjoy a few good verbal exchanges with the away management teams!!!!

Still don’t know how the (far from) Super U’s are still in contention; they are IMO a poor side.

minutes to go.

I was at the match on Friday night took my little brother whos a huddersfiels fan and the atmosphere was the best ive been at by ages the huddersfield didnt shut up all through the game. Old blokes were shouting and siging noy like us just when a few kids sing... they sang this song for ages - ( link to youtube copy nd paste - Town 1 Leeds 0 :) Singing Section... I Am A Hudders Fan!. ) sang pretty much all the way through the game so much so i made my own little version up which i was singing to myself -

I AM AN OLDHAM FAN AND I AM A NORTHERN LAD

I NO WHAT I WANT AND I NO HOW TO GET IT

I WANNA DESTROY CITY AND MUNICH

COZ IIIIIIIIIIIII WANNA BEEEEE OAFC!!!

I was at the match on Friday night took my little brother whos a huddersfiels fan and the atmosphere was the best ive been at by ages the huddersfield didnt shut up all through the game. Old blokes were shouting and siging noy like us just when a few kids sing... they sang this song for ages - ( link to youtube copy nd paste - Town 1 Leeds 0 :) Singing Section... I Am A Hudders Fan!. ) sang pretty much all the way through the game so much so i made my own little version up which i was singing to myself -

I AM AN OLDHAM FAN AND I AM A NORTHERN LAD

I NO WHAT I WANT AND I NO HOW TO GET IT

I WANNA DESTROY CITY AND MUNICH

COZ IIIIIIIIIIIII WANNA BEEEEE OAFC!!!

FC Munich song. No thanks.

I thought we played well on Friday night, if either side deserved the victory it was us, but it was tight. As for Millwall being off colour, it could be argued that we made them look average. We carved them open for about 20 minutes at the end of the first half, in the second half they came at us but only made one real chance and thankfully it came back off the bar.

Our atmosphere is normally pretty crap, but there was a big fight outside before kick off, which seemed to have got a few of our rougher element up for it, it was a Friday night match which I always find are much more atmospheric and the team needed some helping across the finish line.

Anyway, just popped on to wish you the best of luck tomorrow. If you get a point then I think we've wrapped it up (famous last words!).

Be interested to hear who you think will succeed in the Play Off's, as you don't seem to rate us, which I can't blame you for after we played you at your place in awful conditions and were awful at the Mac. But you're also not being complimentary about Millwall. Most of our fans seem to want Charlton or Swindon if we make it.

I thought we played well on Friday night, if either side deserved the victory it was us, but it was tight. As for Millwall being off colour, it could be argued that we made them look average. We carved them open for about 20 minutes at the end of the first half, in the second half they came at us but only made one real chance and thankfully it came back off the bar.

Our atmosphere is normally pretty crap, but there was a big fight outside before kick off, which seemed to have got a few of our rougher element up for it, it was a Friday night match which I always find are much more atmospheric and the team needed some helping across the finish line.

Anyway, just popped on to wish you the best of luck tomorrow. If you get a point then I think we've wrapped it up (famous last words!).

Be interested to hear who you think will succeed in the Play Off's, as you don't seem to rate us, which I can't blame you for after we played you at your place in awful conditions and were awful at the Mac. But you're also not being complimentary about Millwall. Most of our fans seem to want Charlton or Swindon if we make it.

I went to Hudd Uni an had some Leeds fans as course mates...I said the other day to them that the worst scenario for me would be Leeds and Hudds meeting in the final, I'd be in a total juxtaposition that I'd happy one of them lost the final, but hate it at the same time cause the other would be going up.

I'm hoping for a Swindon/Hudds vs Charlton final with Charlton going up, cause Swindon will get raided for players (again) Leeds' investors will probably start asking serious questions about them not getting promoted after so many attempts and maybe some financial backing is pulled out thus a clear out of the high earners. And I think Hudd's will get some backing, but not as much as last summer.