Now that Dale are up...

After ending their 30+ year stay in the bottom division, are we the record holders for the longest time without going up or down in the bottom 3 leagues? If (when!) we stay up, won't that be our 15th season since going down in 1997?

Think the next team behind Dale is both Lincoln and Macclesfield, who both went down in 1998. Championship you've got Preston I think who were promoted in 1998-ish. So we're probably the most stationary club around now.

Think the next team behind Dale is both Lincoln and Macclesfield, who both went down in 1998. Championship you've got Preston I think who were promoted in 1998-ish. So we're probably the most stationary club around now.

Macc and Lincoln were relegated in '99. Preston promoted in 2000. So looks like we are indeed the new 'Rochdale'.

Next season will be our 14th consecutive season in League One.

2 play off campaigns

6 top 10 finishes

2 last day escape

Have been top of the table in 6 different seasons

Whilst having been here a long time, as Prozac shows we've had quite an eventful time... I'd hazard a guess there will be teams who've been in the same league for less time but who've stagnated in and around the middle of the table...?

After ending their 30+ year stay in the bottom division, are we the record holders for the longest time without going up or down in the bottom 3 leagues? If (when!) we stay up, won't that be our 15th season since going down in 1997?

So do we ignore Premiership/ top tier teams who have been there for a lot longer

Obviously. They cannot go up a division, and it is there aim to stay there! Any league below has the option to be promoted as well as relegated.

I think we are the only team in the bottom two divisions to not have a promotion in the last 15 years... oh and leeds.

Coventry are the other in the football league

Although some of them haven't won promotion in the Football League - just to it.