His uncle attends the same Golf club as my dad and he said its nailed on pre season that Nicky Butt will replace DP. A rumour I heard not to long back that he was looking at a house near the Greyhound seems to support this, but Im very skeptical about it and cant see it happening. Anyone who starts taking the piss out of it, please dont bother, Im merely posting what Ive heard to see if anyone has heard a similar story or any rumours likened to this one. I dont believe anything until I see it in the Chron!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His uncle attends the same Golf club as my dad and he said its nailed on pre season that Nicky Butt will replace DP. A rumour I heard not to long back that he was looking at a house near the Greyhound seems to support this, but Im very skeptical about it and cant see it happening. Anyone who starts taking the piss out of it, please dont bother, Im merely posting what Ive heard to see if anyone has heard a similar story or any rumours likened to this one. I dont believe anything until I see it in the Chron!

Are you mods taking the piss deleting my comment? Youngen is a good friend of mine.

Ive heard a few that are similar ie Nicky Butt is 1, Paul Ince and the Paul Scholes 1. Would he be player manager or just manager if you know? To be honest id think it would be a decent move as he knows people at Man U and Newcastle who could teach him and also know of a few youngsters we could possibly borrow/sign. As you state though, wether it happens is another story.

Why would anybody else find something I say to my friend threatening?

I'm not arguing.. I had a complaint and you telling somone

Enjoy looking at your legs, cos you wont be seeing them again after Sunday
can be deemed a threat .. so it was removed !

Its finished ... Ive dealt with it ... Move on

Ok then.

Well if the person who complained, who clearly has read this thread to be so bothered as to complain, would like to come forward and tell me why it offended them, feel free to do so either on here or via PM.

Ok then.

Well if the person who complained, who clearly has read this thread to be so bothered as to complain, would like to come forward and tell me why it offended them, feel free to do so either on here or via PM.

BOT

Nicky Butt......

Player coach but not manager....

I'm not arguing.. I had a complaint and you telling somone can be deemed a threat .. so it was removed !

Ha ha Mr moderator why would you delete Lee Sinnotts thread and then repeat it in a quote. Idiot. I hope you have given yourself a warning. Why is it so serious on here, at what point would anyone find that offensive. Youve not even deleted the fact we have both put pissing about in, blatant swearing. I thought this board was here for that exact banter between friends, and due to this Im going to scrutinise any sort of joke, camaraderie, banter between any 2 members ( If I can be arsed because the jokes on here between people are that embarassing they could be deemed offensive ).

Also Nicky Butt as announced his retirement at the end of the season, so Im guessing he would require some wonga to change his mind, which we havent got. So I'd guess just manager/coach thats all

Ha ha Mr moderator why would you delete Lee Sinnotts thread and then repeat it in a quote. Idiot. I hope you have given yourself a warning. Why is it so serious on here, at what point would anyone find that offensive. Youve not even deleted the fact we have both put pissing about in, blatant swearing. I thought this board was here for that exact banter between friends, and due to this Im going to scrutinise any sort of joke, camaraderie, banter between any 2 members ( If I can be arsed because the jokes on here between people are that embarassing they could be deemed offensive ).

Also Nicky Butt as announced his retirement at the end of the season, so Im guessing he would require some wonga to change his mind, which we havent got. So I'd guess just manager/coach thats all

Is there a "like" button?

Is there a "like" button?

Would you two like to bugger off to facebook or something, this isn't a gay chat site.

Back on topic = Nicky Butt

I used the comment in context and not in a form that could be deemed threatening or directed to one person in a personal manner.

Idiot? I action any complaint I'm sent.

Nicky Butt?? Seriously??

Have we got to a stage of plucking names out of thin air now? Given we cant afford to find a few grand at the mo to stay overnight at yeovil? How the hell are we going to be able to afford to sack penney and appoint Butt???

Nicky Butt?? Seriously??

Have we got to a stage of plucking names out of thin air now? Given we cant afford to find a few grand at the mo to stay overnight at yeovil? How the hell are we going to be able to afford to sack penney and appoint Butt???

If the £60k to sack Penney is true then I suspect it could a great investment for both the footballing and commercial elements of the club.

£60k is :censored: all to a football club - it's 200 season tickets or a 2nd round F.A Cup tie. Or Joe Colbeck.

£60k is :censored: all to a football club

Again as I said, considering we could not afford an overnight stay at Yeovil or Southampton, its obviously alot of £££ to us.

And where has this 60k figure come from? And is it just for Penney or the entire management team? As if its just for Penney then the actual figure will probably be well over 100k

Again as I said, considering we could not afford an overnight stay at Yeovil or Southampton, its obviously alot of £££ to us.

And where has this 60k figure come from? And is it just for Penney or the entire management team? As if its just for Penney then the actual figure will probably be well over 100k

2 things:

I’ve have it from my source that its close to £150K to sack Penney; not the £60K that is being banded about – either way; £60K or £150K; it’s money we blatantly cannot afford to pay out….

As for the Butt story – it was on Football Focus last week; in an interview segment with Chris Houghton; he sung the praises of Nicky Butt in his off-field influence as well as his on the pitch performances. He (Houghton) said it was nailed on that Butt would go into management sooner rather than later after his retirement at the end of the season. I’d say (without any offence to the OP) that this is a case of 2 + 2 = 17

The only hope we have got of getting rid of Penney before the end of his contract is if he either goes by his own accord, or mutual consent, which would save us money and him the indignity of a sacking on is CV.

I think Penney will be here to Christmas, minimum

Not got time to scroll through all the topics but just been told from one of Frankie Bunn's best mates who i work with that Latics now have enough in the pot to pay Penney off and the new Management team will consist of :

Nicky Butt

Frankie Bunn (Now sacked from Cov)

Andy Rhodes (Currently at Sheff Wed)

Merged.

Not having a go at you here, Andy, but one part of your post stood out. We now have enough in the pot to sack Penney, but according to some we're on the brink of administration and can expect huge cuts in the playing budget next season.

Things just aren't adding up.