Not got time to scroll through all the topics but just been told from one of Frankie Bunn's best mates who i work with that Latics now have enough in the pot to pay Penney off and the new Management team will consist of :

Nicky Butt

Frankie Bunn (Now sacked from Cov)

Andy Rhodes (Currently at Sheff Wed)

May we all pray for their souls.

Butt - Manure scum - tactically naive, lost the dressing room.

Bunn - Tactically naive, what does he bring to the party, too close to the players, too nice.

Rhodes - Just what does he do with the keepers in the week? Tactically naive, good player, not a good coach.

I'm not buying a season ticket next season (11/12 12/13 13/14 delete as appropriate) unless something changes, I'm not paying to see that shower of...... repeat ad infinitum.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not got time to scroll through all the topics but just been told from one of Frankie Bunn's best mates who i work with that Latics now have enough in the pot to pay Penney off and the new Management team will consist of :

Nicky Butt

But theres not enough in the pot for overnight stays at yeovil and southampton????

Merged.

Not having a go at you here, Andy, but one part of your post stood out. We now have enough in the pot to sack Penney, but according to some we're on the brink of administration and can expect huge cuts in the playing budget next season.

Things just aren't adding up.

Like i said not got the time to scroll through really and only posted what i have been told by Bunn's best mate.

True or not i don't know but wouldn't surprise me and he has no reason at all to tell me bull s**t!

Things don't add up but tbh that's typical Latics.

LaticsAndy, I wholeheartedly apologise if your info turns out to be true

No worries and like i said am not entirely sure if it'll be true, but the guy who's Bunn's best mate doesn't support Latics and has no reason to bulls**t me!

Appreciate there's some cross-over and no one has done anything to the contrary yet, but please keep this about Butt and not Penney.

Ta.

Wow; I'll be amazed if this turns out to be the case - as I posted earlier; I thought it was 2 + 2 = 17; but now with the Penney announcement; well, guess we'll just see.

I had posted a while back that I thought we should take a chance on an unproven young (ish) manager; I threw in a few; Gary Speed being one - didn't for one moment think about Nicky Butt (as he was still playing when & hadn't announced his retirement).........watch this space it is then...

Nicky Butt

Contacts at Utd, City, Newcastle, Coventry ect. could come in handy next season if we're short of a player or two

I can't see it.................. an ex manure player managing Latics how absurd! oh hang on what was that bloke called again oh yes ANDY RITCHIE! (ok slightly different)

If Butt is successful he will do for me! Although the thought of the legions of armchair manure supporters telling us hes good cos hes ex Manure can kiss my "butt" ^_^ now! You are scum to support a club 30 minutes drive away with a club that is desperate for support on your doorstep .....................your all scum and not football supporters just glory hunters.. :ranting: ........................phew! :grin:

No worries and like i said am not entirely sure if it'll be true, but the guy who's Bunn's best mate doesn't support Latics and has no reason to bulls**t me!

To add fuel to this fire, Oaksey, I went out for tea last night at the Old Original and was given a cast iron guarantee that Bunn will be our manager next season. I told him not to talk silly cos we wouldnt sack Penney.

To add fuel to this fire, Oaksey, I went out for tea last night at the Old Original and was given a cast iron guarantee that Bunn will be our manager next season. I told him not to talk silly cos we wouldnt sack Penney.

A local man, popular with fans and good connections with Man City...may be a good choice.

A local man, popular with fans and good connections with Man City...may be a good choice.

Not to mention that whilst still technically contracted to Cov' he's waiting on a new manager coming in who he may or maynot see eye to eye with...

Ok then.

Well if the person who complained, who clearly has read this thread to be so bothered as to complain, would like to come forward and tell me why it offended them, feel free to do so either on here or via PM.

It was me who complained. as a man who was born with 9 legs and now only has three left I was very upset.

Nicky Butt though. I've heard this doing the rounds. He's been managed by some good managers so hopefully could have learnt a lot.

We need to take a gamble on an unproven manager because we won't be able to afford a good proven one or they will be at better clubs.

The only hope we have got of getting rid of Penney before the end of his contract is if he either goes by his own accord, or mutual consent, which would save us money and him the indignity of a sacking on is CV.

I think Penney will be here to Christmas, minimum

Again as I said, considering we could not afford an overnight stay at Yeovil or Southampton, its obviously alot of £££ to us.

And where has this 60k figure come from? And is it just for Penney or the entire management team? As if its just for Penney then the actual figure will probably be well over 100k

Like I said, you can afford to sack Penney if you think it will increase revenue sufficiently. Clearly TTA clearly felt they couldn't afford not too and have gone and raided another pot to issue him his P45.

The £60k I picked up on here last night and it sounded reasonable. I'm not sure how pay-offs are calculated but I can't imagine he was even set to earn "well over 100k" even had he stayed and worked his final year.

As for Nicky Butt, they guy I work alongside has been mates with him since infant school. I'll ask him to delve...

Not to mention that whilst still technically contracted to Cov' he's waiting on a new manager coming in who he may or maynot see eye to eye with...

Bunn is no longer at Coventry and direct from his wife, he's been in talks and put his name in the frame.

Bunn is no longer at Coventry and direct from his wife, he's been in talks and put his name in the frame.

oooooooooooooo...if we can get him on board as a coach, its a start on working with the current strikers.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Like I said, you can afford to sack Penney if you think it will increase revenue sufficiently. Clearly TTA clearly felt they couldn't afford not too and have gone and raided another pot to issue him his P45.

The £60k I picked up on here last night and it sounded reasonable. I'm not sure how pay-offs are calculated but I can't imagine he was even set to earn "well over 100k" even had he stayed and worked his final year.

As for Nicky Butt, they guy I work alongside has been mates with him since infant school. I'll ask him to delve...

Rest assured stitch, the taste of humble pie is quite nice, although still a few things that dont add up

oooooooooooooo...if we can get him on board as a coach, its a start on working with the current strikers.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

id have him as a coach or assistant rather than a manager. id like to see tta make a decision in the next few weeks so we have a chance of getting some decent free players in. and its been mentioned before but im sure therell be alot of potential managers in the stands tomorrow to see what theyll inherit.