Andy Ritchie

I'll answer.

Very Very good reputation within the game for his coaching methods. Excellent contacts throughout the game, especially City, where we could use their Reserves to our advantage. Seems eager to take the job, will have the fans onside immediately. No "You :censored: big chinned Bastard" in September, he would be given the time ala Sheridan. And, finally, I'm sick of so called "proven" managers who failed to make the grade for us.

Same as Carl, for me, Bunn or Butt. I desperately hope Andy Ritchie stays as far away as possible.

cheers lee,maybe just maybe he's the man for the job.

Another numb quote, I am going to be there also with my Canadian Fiancee put me down as next manager.

Jim Gannon has been at BP a few times scouting and as Andy Ritchie being there, so what??..

would just like to say..shes a cracker mate...how on earth did you masnage to pull such a stunner...beyond me really it is,lol

Sammy Lee was also a good coach with a good reputation, but he couldn't make the step up to manager.

:unsure:

True but you have to take a punt when appointing any unproven manager, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

What I do know is that we have had three so called 'proven experienced managers' in talbot, moore and penney, none have worked. And 'proven, successful managers I think we need to try a different approach, and for the reasons Lee_Sinnot stated, Bunn definitely deserves a crack. Would have ritchie too but only as an assistant.

would just like to say..shes a cracker mate...how on earth did you masnage to pull such a stunner...beyond me really it is,lol

Im not sure but she was pretty shocked when someone grabbed her arse in the crowded Frizzel bar at half time......

I was laughing so much until I tasted my pint of flat Newcastle brown................

True but you have to take a punt when appointing any unproven manager, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

What I do know is that we have had three so called 'proven experienced managers' in talbot, moore and penney, none have worked. And 'proven, successful managers I think we need to try a different approach, and for the reasons Lee_Sinnot stated, Bunn definitely deserves a crack. Would have ritchie too but only as an assistant.

+1 but I'm not sure why there is so much anti-Ritchie feeling on here! He had us playing in the right way with the smallest equivalent budget in the last 30 years and managed to get the best out of a very average squad, and at the time kept us in the division that we were favourites to be relegated from

+1 but I'm not sure why there is so much anti-Ritchie feeling on here! He had us playing in the right way with the smallest equivalent budget in the last 30 years and managed to get the best out of a very average squad, and at the time kept us in the division that we were favourites to be relegated from

trouble is if ritchie comes back in again..its the same scenario as last time isnt it...no money having to make do and mend and cobble together a team...he might well get us playing the right way,but the budget is going to dictate the kind of mamager we get,unless tfa are prepared to say right....lets go for a decent manager and give him a vastly improved budget and give it a real crack at getting out this league....

trouble is if ritchie comes back in again..its the same scenario as last time isnt it...no money having to make do and mend and cobble together a team...he might well get us playing the right way,but the budget is going to dictate the kind of mamager we get,unless tfa are prepared to say right....lets go for a decent manager and give him a vastly improved budget and give it a real crack at getting out this league....

I don't disagree with this but if we get an average budget then Ritchie might be able to make more of a fist of it. However from what I have heard re Frank Bunn and his track record as a number 2 at Coventry and from his apparent success with the Council Tenants' youth team over at Eastlands I'd like to see him as a number one with Ritchie on the coaching staff. I'd also cover that with It would be great to see Jewell and I wouldn't be too unhappy with Gannon either so you can probably accuse me of having splinters! However I am glad Penney has gone

I don't disagree with this but if we get an average budget then Ritchie might be able to make more of a fist of it. However from what I have heard re Frank Bunn and his track record as a number 2 at Coventry and from his apparent success with the Council Tenants' youth team over at Eastlands I'd like to see him as a number one with Ritchie on the coaching staff. I'd also cover that with It would be great to see Jewell and I wouldn't be too unhappy with Gannon either so you can probably accuse me of having splinters! However I am glad Penney has gone

if you have bunn as number 1 manager,then i dont really see the need for ritchie to be even considered for a coaching role,surely bunn would have his own idea of who he wanted...how longs ritchie been out the game now,just doing radio and tv work for leeds,not actively coaching anybody...

i think bringing him in as a coach would be a smack in the mouth to dux n philly...would rather have them carry on.

tomro paul jewell and Andy Ritchie will be interviewed i heard for the oldham job.

I hope Jewell is not on the radar.

His record with mega rich Wigan was pretty good, his record with mega poor Sheffs Weds and Derby was a bysmal.

Not what we need right now.

You are a funny one RA, but #i do tink you ahve form for actually having some truth in the rumours.

Not sure if your contacts could not guess these two though.

I think people myself included don't want us to make an appointment based on sentiment think back to how bad we were between 98-01 before anyone says he had no money he has been given the same kind of budget that penney was given and in his 3 full seasons we finished 20th 14th and 15th hardly anything to write home about. I think Andy is our greatest ever player and a great guy to match but not a great manager. I am not completely adverse to us having ex players as managers I would welcome Frank Bunn but only if he can prove he can cut it as a number 1.

What I do know is that we have had three so called 'proven experienced managers' in talbot, moore and penney, none have worked.

I'm sure Ronnie improved us season by season. Given another season he could have improved us even further.

Tranmere had a pretty crap squad last season who just missed out on the playoffs by a goal.

To say Ronnie didn't "work" is pretty incorrect. He saved us from relegation and straight away took us to playoff hopefuls. As well as that he signed Richie Wellens and Chris Porter, two of the best players we'll ever have playing for us in this division. Granted, Shez got Hughes, but he had exceptional circumastances surrounding him making it possible for us to sign a striker of his calibre.

To add to that, Moore signed Liddell who was just as influencial as Wellens that season under Shez, add to the fact that Moore brought Eardley and Taylor through. Shez did well to bring in the likes of Gregan, Charlton and Pogs but the rest of that quality team was Ronnie's foundations which he wasn't given MOORE time to build on.

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore