Red Dead Redemption

Anyone got it? If so what do you think of it?

Just got the 360 back off Microsoft from repair (RROD) and fancy purchasing a game. Undecided between this and UFC Undisputed 2010..

I'm gonna get it, that and BFBC2, just gettin my finals out of the way first. Looks a decent game and the multiplayer looks interesting with how free it is. If you like online multiplayers by the way I would recommend left 4 dead (not left 4 dead 2, which i thought completely destroyed the playability of the original).

Single player is excellent. Multiplayer isn't great, although can be fun if there's quite a few of your mates who have it.

I'd get that over UFC anyday.

Yeah I was swaying that way. RDR looks like it would have more longevity. Bloody annoyed that all week Amazon have had it at £35, and as soon as I decide to get it, its up to £40!

Hopefully the UFC will come down in price in summer :)

I'm gonna get it, that and BFBC2, just gettin my finals out of the way first. Looks a decent game and the multiplayer looks interesting with how free it is. If you like online multiplayers by the way I would recommend left 4 dead (not left 4 dead 2, which i thought completely destroyed the playability of the original).

Bad Company 2 is awesome.

Its excellent couldnt recommend it enough !

bit of a slow start however once the story kicks in its really good,

Yeah the single player looks excellent. I guess I'm just feeling a tad p'd off and being a tight get I have to pay another fiver :lol:

Simple question? Do you like GTA?

Red Dead Redemption is basically GTA but set in the Old West. They could have called it GTA V: Old West and the name would have reflected the game perfectly.

It's awesome.

In one

Only thing is its slower than GTA,

obviously as your riding horses not Ferraris :lol:

Yeah, it is very slow. Frustrating, until you work out how the fast travel works (either a carriage between towns, or set up your campsite and you can fast travel to towns from it).

The scenery is amazing, the soundtrack works really well, the plot is decent enough, the dialogue a bit stilted in places. No real hints, exploits or cheats, either, which is a change for me (there are cheats, but the moment you activate one you can't save that game any more).

I love riding around on horseback. The scenery is absolutely out of this world.

The only time I set up camp and fast travel is if I'm at completely the opposite end of the map; if it's a reasonable distance I'll just saddle up and hope to meet some varmints along the way. Yee-haw!

I love riding around on horseback. The scenery is absolutely out of this world.

The only time I set up camp and fast travel is if I'm at completely the opposite end of the map; if it's a reasonable distance I'll just saddle up and hope to meet some varmints along the way. Yee-haw!

I enjoyed shooting packs of coyotes and wolves , make good dollars they do :)