New Shirt - Cheap?

I quite like the new kit, looks different to what we've used recently and a vast improvement on last years home kit. I've had the new kit a month and it still looks great, transfers and everything. Lots of detail to it as well so it's not something that can be knocked up in 5 minutes.

Yes it'll look better with the sponsors logos sewn in but it doesn't look like a cheap, fake knock-up for the spanish markets. I think it's just another excuse the slag the club off.

If you do want change, why not bring it to the attention of Guy? Maybe he can explain more what goes into deciding who makes the kits etc?

One thing is for sure we won't be getting a change in suppliers until we change our title sponsors. Are Carbrini really going to pay to sponsor a kit someone else is making? Also do you think Carbrini will sponsor the club and sell the kits to the club at cost price? That's a sure way for a company to go bankrupt. It's in Carbrini's interests to supply us with a good kit that sells.

First off, I assume you are washing the kit (or it'll start to turn a nice shade of brown). If so then I bet that within the next month signs of wear-and-tear WILL start to show by then. Come back then and comment (showing picture evidence of course. lol)

Its no coincidence that not many people have come on here complimenting the quality of the kit. In fact, quite a few have said it looks good, we're all just disappointed with the quality of the shirt. I stand by my decision (however much I REALLY want the shirt) to not purchase a shirt for £40 which I could buy a very similar quality one for 8 euro's in spain in 4wks time.

I think carbrini need to look at their quality control and start again. Even a promise that if either transfer comes off within 12 months of purchase then they will replace it free of charge would be fine, but i bet due to their poor quality-control carbrini know in their own minds their shirts will never live up to this.

First off, I assume you are washing the kit (or it'll start to turn a nice shade of brown). If so then I bet that within the next month signs of wear-and-tear WILL start to show by then. Come back then and comment (showing picture evidence of course. lol)

...and make sure you wash the shirts inside out in the washing machine, housekeeping fans.

The kit quality compared to the price is a shocker, yet I suppose it's people like me who are part of the problem cos I try to resist the temptation to buy a new shirt when it comes out but always end up handing over the cash.

I've managed to resist with the new home shirt so far though...

Yes it'll look better with the sponsors logos sewn in but it doesn't look like a cheap, fake knock-up for the spanish markets. I think it's just another excuse the slag the club off.

Amongst these posters, all of whom disagree with you, you will find all sorts. Happy clappers, boooooooers, doom 'n' gloomers and even penney backers, along with many other types. So youre just wrong.

Carbrini is like cheap Aldi crap.

The quality of the shirt has decreased and is not reflected in the price, the club and Carbrini are basically conning us.

You wouldn't be happy if Tesco only started selling Rola Cola but charged you the price of Coca Cola. The same thing has happened here, we're being charged the same price for an inferior product. It's underhanded and I for one am not buying a shirt until:

1) I like the design

2) The fabric quality is restored to how it was under Umbro, Pony, Sparta. It's been crap since Carlotti.

3) The sponsor, badge and kit maker are sewn in, not transferred on.

If the club want my £40 they need to meet those 3 requirement. If any one those is lacking then it makes it a deal breaker.

Carbrini is like cheap Aldi crap.

The quality of the shirt has decreased and is not reflected in the price, the club and Carbrini are basically conning us.

You wouldn't be happy if Tesco only started selling Rola Cola but charged you the price of Coca Cola. The same thing has happened here, we're being charged the same price for an inferior product. It's underhanded and I for one am not buying a shirt until:

1) I like the design

2) The fabric quality is restored to how it was under Umbro, Pony, Sparta. It's been crap since Carlotti.

3) The sponsor, badge and kit maker are sewn in, not transferred on.

If the club want my £40 they need to meet those 3 requirement. If any one those is lacking then it makes it a deal breaker.

+1

+1

I bought it but I had £25 on my Team Card, so I only paid £15 (about what it's actually worth!)

I thought £30 for the full kit for my 7 year old daughter was ok, she's not had it off her back since and fingers crossed the transfers are holding out!

I've bought one, wore it once - it really is :censored:e quality, the shirt is basically a rip off.

I bought it but I had £25 on my Team Card, so I only paid £15 (about what it's actually worth!)

I thought £30 for the full kit for my 7 year old daughter was ok, she's not had it off her back since and fingers crossed the transfers are holding out!

Moaned like :censored: about the quality, then bought two! :grin:

The club must be making a fortune on the shirts - as pointed out earlier here the quality has gone down but the price remains the same...

It's the sort of thing that makes us supporters rightly feel like we're being taken advantage of - but surely the club could make more money, sell more tickets, and sell more shirts, if they looked after us.

In other words, if the club invest a bit more money with Umbro or some such company, they'll sell more shirts which will make up for the extra cash they have to fork out on manufacture = everybody happy.

Alas, such simple logic is overlooked.

I bought a pair of the shorts from JD for 25 dabs to use on holiday. Been in the washer just twice and the pool just twice and the lettering has started to peel and come off. They now say 'arbrini' on them.

By the way, I wouldn't recommend getting in the pool with them unless you go by the name of Lexington Steele...they go all see-through and tight-fitting when you get out of the pool and your shrivelled member will be there for all to see.

I bought a pair of the shorts from JD for 25 dabs to use on holiday. Been in the washer just twice and the pool just twice and the lettering has started to peel and come off. They now say 'arbrini' on them.

By the way, I wouldn't recommend getting in the pool with them unless you go by the name of Lexington Steele...they go all see-through and tight-fitting when you get out of the pool and your shrivelled member will be there for all to see.

Maybe the football shorts should be left to footbally activities, may I suggest a fetching pair of Speedo's for your aquatic adventures

Seen the new Stockport kit. The new consortium there did a consultation with 100 fans chosen from a draw of fans who applied through the Stockport Express (free paper in Stockport). They gave the fans 3 shirts by 3 different manuafacturers (someone I live on the same estate as was one of the 100). hey gave them the option of Nike (who they ended up choosing), Carbrini or Reebok. The voting as an approximation went at around 62 v 6 v 32. What does that really say for carbrini? To be honest I'm well impressed that Stockport's new consortium have realised what effect the fans buying lots of shirts at a lower profit margin does!!

Seen the new Stockport kit. The new consortium there did a consultation with 100 fans chosen from a draw of fans who applied through the Stockport Express (free paper in Stockport). They gave the fans 3 shirts by 3 different manuafacturers (someone I live on the same estate as was one of the 100). hey gave them the option of Nike (who they ended up choosing), Carbrini or Reebok. The voting as an approximation went at around 62 v 6 v 32. What does that really say for carbrini? To be honest I'm well impressed that Stockport's new consortium have realised what effect the fans buying lots of shirts at a lower profit margin does!!

Nike

Reebok

Umbro

Adidas

Puma

Mitre

Would take any one of them over Carbrini.