Liddell calls time on career

Former Barnsley, Wigan Athletic and Oldham Athletic attacker Andy Liddell has retired from professional football.

Attacker hoping to secure coaching role with Rotherham

And he said this

I had a lot of problems with injury last year and it made my decision easier to retire from professional football with immediate effect,

PLEASE NOTE

"When posting stories/articles from outside sources, we request that you "tease" these articles rather than to post them in their entirety. By teasing, we mean that it is ok to post a couple of lines of text or a paragraph, and then just link (place the URL) to the rest of the article. "

Edited by Markoasis

good player, and a good person to have around the club. did he ever play with dickov? becuase he wouldnt be a bad coach imo

no he hasnt work with dickov any where he wants to stay with ronnie moore when he back from holiday he will talk to moore about having a coaching role good man he was liddle.

Well, at first. Then he became a lame duck.

Thought of highly by those in the game off what I've heard, so could well be a decent coach though.

Yep thought of very highly by those in the game who no what its all about. Moronic fans who know Jack who knows!

Great lad, had the chance to chat to him last year and he was a great bloke who's been through some terrible things.

All the best to him.

Legend, so many good memories from his time here, one of the best was his pressure pen at Gillingham in the monsoon.