Paul gerrard

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope he passes on some good tips, PG tips that is..

Kicking may not be his strong point, but he was particularly good at claiming crosses and one on ones. Although I remember him having weak hands which blighted his shot-stopping ability throughout his career. Still in our top ten best ever keepers though and I agree i'm sure he'll be better than Andy Collett.

Just as a coach. Says in the article that he has retired from playing this summer.

yes your right he will no longer play because he said to me today brill and fleming will get games this season he loves the coaching role he said hes happy to have the job at oldham.

Taggert is num 2 he been at oldham since monday he will be confimed soon.

Edited by RoyleArmy

Wasn't he England Under 21 goalkeeper at some stage? Either way, a good addition to the set-up I reckon.

Yeah he was, I remember going watching him play at Turf Moor against Latvia Under 21's in my Latics tracksuit. Got a lot of comments thrown my way from the Dingle supporters.

yes your right he will no longer play because he said to me today brill and fleming will get games this season he loves the coaching role he said hes happy to have the job at oldham.

Taggert is num 2 he been at oldham since monday he will be confimed soon.

He's been at Oldham for a while before then by accounts...

Wasn't he England Under 21 goalkeeper at some stage? Either way, a good addition to the set-up I reckon.

He won 18 Under-21 caps in 3 years. Had it not been for Neville Southall keeping him out of the Everton team, I think he would have gone a lot further, but went out on loan to play 1st team football. I seem to remember he had problems with his knees as a young lad and played wearing supports on them both as they were likely to dislocate. Didn't stop him being a top keeper IMHO. He had corrective surgery IIRC and the knee supports were no longer needed. A good acquisition by PD. The backroom staff is looking very good indeed.

Is Akinfenwa the one from northampton?

And one or two other clubs as well. Has the biggest arse in football (sorry, Greegs), is about as wide as he is tall, weighs about 16 stone, defenders bounce off him and I think he has a fair old shot on him too.