NHL off-season

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JSS, I found that USA Travel book I told you about. It's slightly outdated now (I bought it mid2008) but you're more than welcome to borrow it mate.

It's pretty big and heavy so posting it will cost a little bit.

Let me know matey.

Why have a dog and bark yourself?

Equally.

Why have a ninja and fight yourself?

Because you can't bark :unsure: I'm sure you can look after yourself, it's only Zorrro after all :wink:

PM'd you re: the book.

Ahem. Joshua, lest we forget I'm seeing you tomorrow evening for a beverage. Lest we also forget that after two pints you can barely speak, let alone put up an ample defence against a slightly overweight Chaddertonian.

Ahem. Joshua, lest we forget I'm seeing you tomorrow evening for a beverage. Lest we also forget that after two pints you can barely speak, let alone put up an ample defence against a slightly overweight Chaddertonian.

Blah blah blah.

Give me credit. Three at least.

Quiz question: which former-Manchester Phoenix player lifted the Stanley Cup with the Blackhawks last season?

Jesus, how can I not know that!?

Whatever. Kovy signing really doesn't excite me. It should, he'll post a 40 goal season I don't doubt. It just didn't seemed like he fit the system we play.

Whatever, I have very low expectations for next season, at least him, Parise and Paddy E should maintain our post-season appearance run.

Whatever. Kovy signing really doesn't excite me. It should, he'll post a 40 goal season I don't doubt. It just didn't seemed like he fit the system we play.

... so ... many.... sarcastic ... comments.... must... resist.....

Jesus, how can I not know that!?

Well it (obviously) was not someone on the playing side...but Ryan Stewart who played during the final (half) season before the mothball is now a scout at Chicago.

... so ... many.... sarcastic ... comments.... must... resist.....

:lol:

EDIT: Ryan Stewart played for the Storm, my bad. Still...

Edited by jsslatic

EDIT: Ryan Stewart played for the Storm, my bad. Still...

So not only did he never play for Phoenix but he also was about as peripheral to the Chicago team as to be effectively the loo cleaner!!

Sod off! I bet he didn't get a medal = not a winner!

Oh, and lord knows what's happening with the contract! Idiots.

So not only did he never play for Phoenix but he also was about as peripheral to the Chicago team as to be effectively the loo cleaner!!

Sod off! I bet he didn't get a medal = not a winner!

Well I simply said that he lifted it, which he did...

If I wanted to be really pedantic I would say that your last statement would indicate that nobody has ever won the Stanley Cup, as the winners receive rings and not medals (and that AFAIK, all the backroom staff at the winning side are awarded rings). However, I wouldn't do that.

If I wanted to be really pedantic I would say that your last statement would indicate that nobody has ever won the Stanley Cup, as the winners receive rings and not medals (and that AFAIK, all the backroom staff at the winning side are awarded rings). However, I wouldn't do that.

If I was being pedantic I'd say that the guys who carry it out on the ice have lifted it but then I wouldn't do that either! :wink:

If I was being pedantic I'd say that the guys who carry it out on the ice have lifted it but then I wouldn't do that either! :wink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...