NHL off-season

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd heard rumours (same owners)... didn't notice it'd happened... I doubt it'll be a full strength Bruins. I also love the audacity of the Giants to not change the name to The UK All Stars or some such.

Especially as the Elite League are calling them the Elite League All-Stars...

I'd expect them to dress a pretty decent roster given they've got two games in Prague the following weekend and I can't see them bringing the farm team lads that far out and not play their main lines just before the regular season starts.

Anyway, I'm going to open the predictions at 1,048-0. Actually, sack that...if Tim Thomas plays they'll get at least 1.

• 2 weeks later...

This will be my first full season watching ice hockey and the NHL in particular and its become clearer and clearer that Dallas are in for another bad season but if its similar to the last time out then at least there will be the suspense of will we/won't we make the play offs. Although there wasnt really any suspense after the olympic brake last season because we were very average. Will be subscribing to centre ice though so might pick a more promising girlfriend team from the Eastern conference, possibly the devs since they are our opening game. Good idea?? Or another dud team, i have no idea what has happened with the devs roster in the off season, apart from the whole Kovalchuk 15 year contract arbitration 'saga'

This will be my first full season watching ice hockey and the NHL in particular and its become clearer and clearer that Dallas are in for another bad season but if its similar to the last time out then at least there will be the suspense of will we/won't we make the play offs. Although there wasnt really any suspense after the olympic brake last season because we were very average. Will be subscribing to centre ice though so might pick a more promising girlfriend team from the Eastern conference, possibly the devs since they are our opening game. Good idea?? Or another dud team, i have no idea what has happened with the devs roster in the off season, apart from the whole Kovalchuk 15 year contract arbitration 'saga'

Definitely not a dud. Playoffs every year. Join the club. But be warned.... we aren't the most exciting team to watch!

Well like i said they are our opening fixture so i'l be able to see how they play then. I wouldnt be watching all their games, just some one else to follow in the play offs if Dallas don't make it. Is Kovalchuk worthy of the sh*t storm he created?

Ackey, Dave (Ragg, for his full title must always be used), BigFin and myself are having a go at this this year - ESPN Fantasy Hockey

If anyone else fancies a go then post on here, you have to set the number of teams in the league before the league itself can be created. Picking your team involves selecting NHL players in the order in which you want them, and then the ESPN system will allocate players on that basis to the different teams in the league in an Autodraft, so no two teams in a league have the same players. The last draft before the start of the regular season is Thursday, so post on here if you fancy it by Wednesday to make sure it's all done in time!

Edited by jsslatic

I still can't work out how the hell to select players!?

Go onto the screen with your team name on and then in the box next to your jersey it should say 'edit pre-draft player rankings'. It comes up with a list of all the players which has been automatically selected by ESPN, and then on that you can click and drag players to where you want them to be on your draft list.

I haven't done mine yet but that's how I think it's done. I'll have a proper go during Soccer Saturday...

And yes that's one of the most gay-innuendo sentences ever written.

:lol:

I've made a few changes to the list but it's not the most exciting endeavour. If there's not many teams then we'll all end up with decent players anyway.

Edited by jsslatic

I'll post the replies I made to you boys on FB if you havent seen them:

With regard to selecting players - select the 'pre-draft allocation' thing and they are all listed in order of ESPN's own rankings. If you do nowt, they will be allocated to your team on these ratings. You have to drag players up the list - to do this you drag them by selecting thier ranking number and dragging up. Its a bit of a pain in the arse if moving over one page. There is an advanced search function to search on thier name, which is a lot easier as it puts the search results in a box next to the top of the list - if you know the players you are looking for this is much easier to drag accross... as I found when trying to move up random finnish players rated 600odd in the NHL

In addition to the above, obviously its an autodraft so you are not guaranteed the players you select if another person has the player higher in thier ratings/goes before you in the draft... always a fun way to get your tactics right at the start.

It will also be interesting to see which one of you two boring brigadeers miss out on Marty and end up having a full blown hissy fit...