Warren Feeney

how do you mean he may join charlton there are a big club

But will he play as a number one striker at Charlton? He said in the interview he wants to be playing 1st team football everyweek to get back into the Irish setup and with Taggart being a fellow Ulster man he might just have a word with him and say get yourself to Oldham and play here everyweek.

Would love to have him at BP. Reminds me a lot of Dickov in his style (but more of a poacher/finisher).. you never know the influence of Dickov/GT might get him here.... Would be a perfect partner for Abbott.

Probably doubt it though, and i'd imagine he would be comfortably the highest earner at BP.

From the article, point in favour:

It's vital I go to a club where I am going to get a chance of playing every week because my prime interest is my future with Northern Ireland.

Pretty much guaranteed if he comes to BP imo.

Point against:

Money has never been something I've let rule my head. However, as this may be the last important switch of my career, I've got to ensure it's the proper deal for me and the family.

We probably can't afford him.

Final point in favour:

Most important of all is that I end up somewhere where I can enjoy football again. Somewhere where you can have fun and that is one of the ingredients towards becoming successful.

Isn't this what PD said he wants from his team? I reckon GT goes with that ethic too.

I too think it wouldn't be exactly great for him to go to Charlton if he wants first team football.

I think Carlisle may be more suitable. They can probably outbid us.

From our point of view. He is better than what we already have, but to me it isn't an area that needs desperate attention.

We have Pawel, Dickov, Eaves, Brook and Alice. Smalley can play up front. It's not like the centre of defence which is at least two players short.

From our point of view. He is better than what we already have, but to me it isn't an area that needs desperate attention.

We have Pawel, Dickov, Eaves, Brook and Alice. Smalley can play up front. It's not like the centre of defence which is at least two players short.

We're not short on bodies but we are short on goals and experience up front. It's still the same forward line that scored the least number of goals in the league last year, plus another who will only play in an emergency.

We're not short on bodies but we are short on goals and experience up front. It's still the same forward line that scored the least number of goals in the league last year, plus another who will only play in an emergency.

Yes, but that is because of the style we played rather than the players ability. When you have one chance a game you aren't exactly going to score loads.

Did you get the impression that last years goalscoring was mainly due to the strikers ability?

Don't get me wrong, it's not a table topping bunch, but that is not what we are going to be playing for next year.

We need quality, not quantity. Ship all them out (except Dickov).

Well I'd prefer quality too. In fact I think we should sign the next Villa for 10p and let him play for free. And M&M's will fall from the sky and World Peace will be announced.

But, back in the real World these are up there with the best we can get. Wagewise we may be able to get one Feeney for Brooke, Eaves and Alice. Is that worth it? Leaving Dickov as our substitute forward and little behind?

NB. I know you like to think every Oldham player will be at Stalybridge, but Eaves? You are having a laugh.

Well I'd prefer quality too. In fact I think we should sign the next Villa for 10p and let him play for free. And M&M's will fall from the sky and World Peace will be announced.

But, back in the real World these are up there with the best we can get. Wagewise we may be able to get one Feeney for Brooke, Eaves and Alice. Is that worth it? Leaving Dickov as our substitute forward and little behind?

NB. I know you like to think every Oldham player will be at Stalybridge, but Eaves? You are having a laugh.

Are you one of the deluded few who think he will make the Premier League like Tipton and Chris Hall would?

Are you one of the deluded few who think he will make the Premier League like Tipton and Chris Hall would?

Might not do that, but he'll do a hell of a lot better than Oldham in his time.

I can't say that about any of the other youngsters I've seen at the club.

Every time I see him he impresses me. And not just because he is young, quick and tall. I'd be surprised if he was at Oldham by the end of the season myself, such is the potential.

As for Tipton. Never looked likely. Chris Hall, could have been decent at our level I would say. No heart though.

NB. The only one I'm on the record as saying they will play in the premiership is Eardley. We'll see how that one turns out had we. I said Fitz would too, but it's not traceable and hardly Mystic Meg stuff.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Ive never seen Tom play in he reserves, or youth where he has been prolific. In the first team however i can only recall two efforts on goal. A lot of people seem to be impressed by the fact he runs around a lot a la tipton. He may play at a higher level but ive seen nothing to convince me of it yet

Ive never seen Tom play in he reserves, or youth where he has been prolific. In the first team however i can only recall two efforts on goal. A lot of people seem to be impressed by the fact he runs around a lot a la tipton. He may play at a higher level but ive seen nothing to convince me of it yet

Finally! Another realist!

He scored lots of goals in the ressies and youth....................like Ryan Sugden did.

Yes, but that is because of the style we played rather than the players ability. When you have one chance a game you aren't exactly going to score loads.

Did you get the impression that last years goalscoring was mainly due to the strikers ability?

A mix of the two. Chances weren't plentiful but those that arrived were frequently squandered by very poor finishing.

A mix of the two. Chances weren't plentiful but those that arrived were frequently squandered by very poor finishing.

I can't even see the potential in Eaves, I'd love to be proved wrong but he just hasn't got a footballing brain. He is a big lad and his physique is clearly a reason why he has made it to where he is Today. Allesandra is streets ahead of where Eaves will ever be.

I too think it wouldn't be exactly great for him to go to Charlton if he wants first team football.

I think Carlisle may be more suitable. They can probably outbid us.

It is to me!!!

We missed a 2nd striker to play with Abbott all last season; and unless someone is brought in; we’re going to miss one this season too.

Eaves isn’t ready yet – he has potential and looks to have a bright future; but he’s not the answer for this season. Brooke I’m not sure on; read all the ‘best finisher’ tag from Joe etc but for me he’s looked a bit wishy washy; lightweight and well; meh. Lewis; hmmmm. Think his ship has sailed……Smalley is not a striker; simply as really.

So, that leaves Abbott and the manager. Hardly an inspiring strike-force is it? We desperately need a new striker in. It’s priority #1 for me, followed next by the new CB we need.

As for Feeney; well he was a good ‘un about 5 season’s ago. A year on non-activity through injury & fall-out with dave Jones worries me; will he still be the same player. Probably not I’d say. He used to be a Paul Warne type but with a bit more about him ability wise. If his fitness has dived after the last 18 months; that will surely take aay a big part of his game – the channel running / hassling defenders part.

Guess we’ll see if PD wants him / club can afford him…….

Feeneys a striker that if he didn't have injury problems he would be playing in the Championship easily. He's a damn good striker and the sort of goalscorer we need to play off Abbott. I have my reservations about his fitness and injury problems but I can't help but think that this would be a damn good signing.

Feeneys a striker that if he didn't have injury problems he would be playing in the Championship easily. He's a damn good striker and the sort of goalscorer we need to play off Abbott. I have my reservations about his fitness and injury problems but I can't help but think that this would be a damn good signing.

had his medical today and will sign a two year deal