Free Kicks?

Who's been taking them in the friendlies? I just stumbled upon a clip on youtube where we beat Huddersfield 4-1 at Boundary Park and Jarrett bagged 2 goals including this quality set piece:

Spephens is taking them so far.

Stephen's took them all last season and I don't remember him hitting the target once. Everyone seemed to go over the right hand top corner by about 6 inches.

For his obvious talents with the ball; Dale should be looking to bag a few free-kicks this season. With the whip & dip he gets on his corners; I’d hope he’ll work a few ‘Keeper this season; hitting the target more regularly than he does at present.

Unlike the pressure of taking a penalty; which the generally accepted line is that you can’t practice for as you can never re-create the pressure – IMO free-kicks can be worked on, practiced & honed. Dale could do a lot worse than work with Jarrett on FK’s; he (JJ) seems to be able to get curl and dip with ease; even his high passes from the back have great shape to them through the air.

Side note – how good is it to see that 2nd goal – with Taylor driving through the centre and picking out big Leon; pace wise know-one could get near him. Hopefully a fully fit in mind & body CT will be like signing a new player……….