New signings imminent

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like getting rid of Colbeck and Abbott has freed up some funds / wages to do more deals...

Lets hope PD get the people he wants!

Latics Official site ....

It’s a no-brainer isn’t it? – this is exactly what I was expecting to happen; as soon a 1 or 2 of the listed lot were moved on; we’d have some scope to bring in some. Conservative guesstimate these; but say Colbeck was on £800 to £1K a week and Abbott £1.5K to £2K a week; at the upper end; we’ve freed up £3K a week for wages and Abbott has (allegedly) brought in £20K in a transfer fee that can be put to use too.

I’d hope for 2 good additions with that money; maybe 1 loan and 1 permanent signing????

It’s a no-brainer isn’t it? – this is exactly what I was expecting to happen; as soon a 1 or 2 of the listed lot were moved on; we’d have some scope to bring in some. Conservative guesstimate these; but say Colbeck was on £800 to £1K a week and Abbott £1.5K to £2K a week; at the upper end; we’ve freed up £3K a week for wages and Abbott has (allegedly) brought in £20K in a transfer fee that can be put to use too.

I’d hope for 2 good additions with that money; maybe 1 loan and 1 permanent signing????

I heard from a source that Colbeck's weekly wage was nearer £1500. Wouldnt surprise me either since DP paid 60k for him in the first place.

I've got that deja vu feeling.

I thought the club learnt a few years ago that headlines such as "new signings imminent" were fraught with danger...?

I much prefer the good old days when we'd know absolutely nothing about a new player until we saw a picture of him signing the contract.

one of these lads

http://www.safc.com/page/ReserveSquad/0,,10281,00.html

my money's on Ryan Noble

Why Sunderland specifically? Where’s that link come from; is it because they are reportedly interested in Eaves or is it Paul Butler (the scout one; not sports science one)?

And why Noble? Have people 1st hand knowledge of him; seen him play etc??